Do other asexuals have an acedar like how homosexuals have a gaydar?

Do other asexuals have an acedar like how homosexuals have a gaydar?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. In other words, do you have a good sense of intuition on whether the people you meet are asexuals?

• Yes, I have acedar/comp-ace/GP-ace (some disagree on its best name) which allows me to deduce who else is an asexual in society
    • No, I don't have the asexual equivalent of gaydar where I have intuition on whether one is an ace, and I always must ask manually

Tynan Laird

This is an ability I definitely wish I had. My two closest friends are also aces and they made me think about this because they say they both have an accurate intuition about who the asexuals are in society. I've always been curious as to how normal of a thing this is.

Purplegems3

No, I just assume that everyone around me is CisHet unless said otherwise

3 hours ago, Purplegems3 said:

No, I just assume that everyone around me is CisHet unless said otherwise

This. Or indicated as well. Like 90% are heterosexual, so it's a safe bet.

No, I've never met anyone other than my twin who's not sexual or not romantic off the internet. Either they exist around me and I just don't know or I simply haven't met anyone else.

Philip027

I have never met anyone else in my life that gave me the impression they were ace, and even my spouse (who previously thought they were ace, as we met here on this site) turned out not to be.  So, I definitely don't got it.

oops_eddie

I had a suspicion that one of my best friends was also aspec and it turns out I was right! She came out to me a few weekends ago, but there were definitely signs. But besides that, no. I'm generally terrible at guessing that sort of thing and similarly to what @Purplegems3 said, I normally assume everyone around me is allo unless told otherwise.

graytail

I think so bc I ended up married to one and we both didn't really know and we both felt we were perfect for each other and it turned out we were 😄

pointycatears

Usually I don't unless I get to know the person a bit more. There's this person I know online who is single and doesn't talk much about wanting a girlfriend (or a boyfriend for that matter, and people have teased him about that because of the lack of girlfriend thing), and one time he said that he "felt nothing" while drawing a picture of a sexy woman. I can assume that it was the same for other pictures of sexy women that he's drawn. Which makes me think he might be ace. But I'm not going to ask him about it. I hope that maybe one day I can bring up my own asexuality and maybe it'll get him to question himself if he hasn't been already, but I don't want to pressure him into anything, I could be wrong after all.

I do find myself meeting a lot of other ace people online, though, so maybe we attract each other without knowing it.