Do you have a clock in your bathroom?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes, of course I do
    • No, but I would like one
    • No, of course I don't
    • Yes, but I wish I didn't

Almost_something

Kind of a weird question, but I found out it's not obvious at all.

I share a bathroom with my sibling and, out of nowhere, they want to put a clock on the wall. I'm annoyed because the clock makes a really loud noise. But more then that, I can't comprehend why would someone need a clock in the bathroom. 

I need to know if this is common or not

• Like 2
a little annihilation

here's the thing: in the house i grew up in there was an analogue clock in every main room in the house (including the bathroom). i enjoyed this. 

in the house i live in now there is only a digital alarm clock on top of the tv and the digital clocks on the stove and microwave. 

personally i think it's weird not to have clocks around, and to me it's perfectly normal (and preferred) to have a clock in the bathroom. 

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr

I do not have clocks in my home. The only clocks are those on my phone and my PC. I have never been a fan of clocks, and if I have something important to do I set alarms to alert me over the course of the preceding couple of hours.

I also do not wear a watch.

The only other thing I have that could show the time is my microwave, but I have never set the clock, and it is turned off at the mains when not in use, so I'd need to keep resetting it anyway.

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

Currently I have a wall clock only in my kitchen. :( It's made from a decorative faience plate, it's in the corner (to be as far from the stove as possible, because steam could perhaps damage it) and so it's sometimes really hard to read the time from this distance. I wish I had another wall clock at least in the bedroom... but I don't like modern decoration-less clocks. I want either a decorative one or none at all. :(

I have a digital clock to make sure im not in my bathroom for too long

autumn blink

Analogue clock ticking bothers me to no end once I hear them. I don't have them anywhere in my place. Any sound that I can't control bothers me now that I think of it.

Got a really good internal clock anyway, when I was in school people used to ask me for the time rather than finding out on their own because I was rarely more than a few minutes off. 💪🤓

• Like 1

No. I basically never use the toilet without taking my phone with me, so I always have something on me that shows me the time lol. I'm often wearing a watch, too.

• Like 2
Shreddedpotato

I’m not there for anything time sensitive. 
45be268b3bebcffe60c8faec50325c18.gif

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Shreddedpotato said:

I’m not there for anything time sensitive. 
45be268b3bebcffe60c8faec50325c18.gif

basically this :P 

• Like 1
Snao Cone

My bathroom only has two outlets that only work when the light is on, so a clock there would only measure how much time passes when I'm in there (or at least when the light is on).

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever seen a bathroom with a clock in it, tbh. I've lived in six places as an adult, none with clocks in the bathroom. Neither of my parents' two bathrooms have clocks. My gran's bathroom didn't have a clock. My grandpa's bathroom didn't have a clock. My various other relatives' bathrooms haven't had clocks. My partner's bathroom doesn't have a clock. To the best of my memory, I don't recall any friends' places I've been to between childhood and now having clocks.

• Like 2
Starry Sky

No, but I occasionally think of putting one where I can see it from in the shower so I don't feel so rushed wondering how much time I have left to get ready 

• Like 1

I actually do. It’s a little one that I just needed to find a place for and since I already have a clock in every other part of my apartment (bedroom and living room both have wall clocks and the microwave in my kitchen has the clock set), I figured why not. I thought maybe it was a little weird at first, but it does help me keep track of time while I’m getting ready.

• Like 1
AlsoKnownAs

Yup -- battery-powered wall clock. Never been in a home without one.

AKA

Autumn ace

No, the only thing on the wall in my bathroom is something my great grandma stitched. 
I do have a watch on me at all times, so I don’t really need a clock in the room to know what time it is. It’s also enough work to change the clocks we do have up that I wouldn’t want to add another to the equation 

no clocks in the bathrooms, just maps to look at

• Like 2
nickolekuebler

No need for a clock, just the ticket dispenser and I'm good. I always take my phone with me anyways. 

• Like 1
Tynan Laird

Yes, I managed to find a quiet clock. It's useful for anyone wishing to take a bath/shower or go number two who don't want to get too tempted by the relaxation. I don't have infinite hot water, so it's good to let people know how much they use.

J. van Deijck

No, I don't. Honestly, it's the first time I heard about bathroom clocks :lol: 

Our bathroom gets really steamy while the shower is on, so I wouldn't tell it's safe to keep a clock there. Or anything electric/electronic for that matter. 

The only place where we have an analogue clock is our bedroom. 

• Like 3

I don't even have any decorations or pictures or anything other than toiletries and towels and such in my bathrooms.

• Like 2
Snao Cone

I have this framed on my wall and that's it.

Spoiler

8c3.png

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere
22 hours ago, autumn blink said:

Analogue clock ticking bothers me to no end once I hear them.

They can be really annoyingly loud (unfortunately, I have a strong esthetic counterpreference for digital clocks), but there are clock mechanisms in which the seconds hand moves in a more fluid way and is almost inaudible.

• Like 1
Almost_something

Plot twist, found out that my parents actually have a clock in their bathroom. That's probably where my sibling got the ideia. Their clock is quieter then ours and they agreed with swapping the clocks, so that's one less problem. Still, I don't feel the need of a clock in the bathroom.

We also have a clock in the kitchen cause of an unspoken rule of no phones at the dinner table. I like to wear a watch too, so I don't have to take my phone out of my bag to see the hours when I'm out. 

I like watches, just not in my bathroom lmao

• Like 1
autumn blink

@everywhere and nowhere True, you can get silent clocks. It's a silly bias for me to have really 😛 I guess I don't feel the need to always know the time though, so having a computer or mobile phone nearby is enough for me. I can understand liking the aesthetic of clocks.

• Like 1
verily-forsooth-egads

Wait, what? Why wouldn't you?

Showering is one time you can't necessarily just look at your phone, and a time you're especially likely to have somewhere to be.

Snao Cone
22 minutes ago, verily-forsooth-egads said:

Wait, what? Why wouldn't you?

Showering is one time you can't necessarily just look at your phone, and a time you're especially likely to have somewhere to be.

How long are your showers, and does that length vary significantly? 🤨

verily-forsooth-egads
3 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

How long are your showers, and does that length vary significantly? 🤨

Yes, if I don't know how much time is passing.

Blueberry Pie

No, but I used to put a watch within arm’s reach of the shower when I would be trying to take a last minute shower before leaving for school. The watch would make sure I didn’t stay in the fabulous warm water too long. I have not done this in awhile because I can’t find the watch. 

Squirrel Combat

I don't, but I should.