do you alter your appearance to look like your favorite character on daily basis?

soong_type_freak

soong_type_freak

i was wondering whether some people here do this and why. and how they come up with with ideas for outfits and all that.

i do this mainly as coping mechanism for my dissociation, but this also lets me feel closer to a character.

my fave characters are data and lore from star trek. so my daily comfort outfit consists of a black full-body jumpsuit and yellow contacts to (kinda) resemble their appearance.

what bout you?

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

Neither me not anyone I know in person does this, so it must be not so common.

I don’t do it on a daily basis, but yeah sometimes I do cosplay as or have my outfits be inspired by characters I love. With outfits sometimes it’s wearing part of their cosplay, for example my Himiko Toga cosplay includes a beige cardigan that I can wear with other outfits. I even sometimes full on cosplay as Izaya Orihara at work or in public since it’s his jacket with a black shirt and black jeans and it looks pretty casual.

I have a fuzzy black jacket that looks kind of like the one my darling Speed O Sound Sonic is wearing in this picture (except it doesn’t have a hood with cat ears).

Spoiler

IMG-5203.jpg

When I wear it with black skinny jeans and my knee high combat boots I feel like I look kind of like him in this picture 😍.

• Like 2
Fraggle Underdark

At a certain hair length, if it falls a certain way it accentuates my widow's peak and gives a pretty good Vegeta vibe, which is one of my favorite characters. But I don't tend to keep it that way because a Vegeta widow peak is one hell of a widow peak :P

Some of my favorite characters tend to just wear simple clothes out of practicality, like jeans and t shirts they just happen to have, a vibe of "it gets the job done", and that's basically how I dress. So on a slightly abstract level I dress like many of my favorite characters in that way.

Oh and I have a t shirt version of Sam Barsky's Stonehenge Sweater, so you could count that as sort of dressing like a favorite character, Barsky :D @Snao Cone

• Like 3
Moon Sprite

@Fraggle Underdark I was half-expecting that you were going to say you try to make your appearance like Toad. 😄

• Like 1
Moon Sprite

My own personal taste tends to end up making me look kind of witchy in a Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service kind of way. I just tried some things with my appearance that are my style like I dyed my hair black and tried a short haircut (by that I mean shoulder-length). While my hair is not identical to hers it sort of has the same vibe on me, especially with how my physical characteristics are otherwise. I'm pale and I see myself as pretty girlish in appearance; I don't think I look very womanly. People tend to think I'm atleast 10 years younger than I actually am and I think it's because of that. I have a baby face.

I have been inspired by fictional characters but it's not always a good thing because it can make me look cartoonish. I got my hair cut into the Ramona Flowers haircut this past year and while it was fun to experiment I did feel pretty uncomfortable with having hair that exaggerated looking.

• Like 2
Snao Cone

I don't have a favourite character, but I do, as @Fraggle Underdark does, have a t-shirt version of the Barsky Stonehenge sweater. I don't wear it often, though; it's too sacred.

• Like 3
soong_type_freak
11 hours ago, J. van Deijck said:

Neither me not anyone I know in person does this, so it must be not so common.

ppl say i'm weird and childish cuz of this. so yeah, i guessed it's not common.

• Like 1
Moon Sprite

@soong_type_freak They're weird and childish in other ways, lol

(Such as telling you that you are weird and childish, that's not mature behavior)

• Like 1
Fraggle Underdark
6 hours ago, Moon Spirit said:

@Fraggle Underdark I was half-expecting that you were going to say you try to make your appearance like Toad. 😄

I would if I could! 🍄

• Like 1
Moon Sprite
14 minutes ago, Fraggle Underdark said:

I would if I could! 🍄

You go, girl! 🍄 

• Like 1
Fraggle Underdark
2 minutes ago, Moon Spirit said:

You go, girl! 🍄 

You too, grrl

8fejdz.jpg