So I was talking to my friend, to whom I'm still closeted bc Reasons, and he sent me this link to a 'libido test' because he wanted to see how much I liked sex, apparently. Considering a whole chunk of the questions covered only partnered sex and not masturbation, my score was clearly very freaking low (told him 33 because I misread a question, it was actually 29), so now I'm curious what other people in this forum would get as a score (for those of y'all who want to participate, of course). The link is this: https://www.mazewomenshealth.com/whats-new/resources/desire-quiz/

Lowest I've heard until now  was 28 (I'm gonna have to meet that friend of a friend because that's an ace man if I've ever met one) and highest was 91 (which... how?)

• Like 3

As a sexual person with (I think) a pretty decent libido (mostly mentally/emotionally driven; I don't really ever have random 'itches' that I need to scratch to get my body to stop nagging me for sexual release), but who isn't highly visual and never really fantasises about people based on appearance, I'm already having trouble with this question. 😂

IMG-9432.png

I'm assuming they're talking about a person you think is physically attractive and they may be a complete stranger? I never think about sex in that context. I notice people with pleasant faces (don't pay attention to bodies tbh) and take note of the fact that I think they're attractive in a way that's potentially related to my sexuality, but I definitely don't want sex with them and don't fantasise about it and pretty much forget about it moments later.

On the other hand, if I take it very loosely... well, I find my partner sexually attractive because of who he is and the connection we share, which definitely extends to physical attraction. Sometimes before we were, uhhh, even in a relationship, I thought about him during Solo Sexytimes. Every time I see him I don't suddenly get horny and want to shag, that depends on my mood and other factors, but I definitely still have a strong desire to have sex with him and think about it quite often, and seeing him and interacting can trigger a desire to be sexually intimate when I wasn't thinking about it before.

Sigh. Silly tests. I suppose I'll figure out how I want to interpret it and then continue on...

• Like 2

Ok, here ya go. One point less than the person you mentioned who got 91 lol.

IMG-9434.png

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

As a sexual person with (I think) a pretty decent libido (mostly mentally/emotionally driven; I don't really ever have random 'itches' that I need to scratch to get my body to stop nagging me for sexual release), but who isn't highly visual and never really fantasises about people based on appearance, I'm already having trouble with this question. 😂

IMG-9432.png

I'm assuming they're talking about a person you think is physically attractive and they may be a complete stranger? I never think about sex in that context. I notice people with pleasant faces (don't pay attention to bodies tbh) and take note of the fact that I think they're attractive in a way that's potentially related to my sexuality, but I definitely don't want sex with them and don't fantasise about it and pretty much forget about it moments later.

Oh Ceebs if that's you... I just went "No. Nope" on them and tried to move on LOL

And yeah I think you interpreted it right for what they wanted.

• Like 1
jesus dario

28 points I did the study but as an asexual person I do not feel any desire to participate in sexual activity or I do not feel an intense desire to have sex with others if I masturbate and sometimes I have sexual fantasies with my neighbor and I don't have a partner but anyway, thanks for the test

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ceebs said:

Ok, here ya go. 

IMG-9434.png

Oh I didn't know it displayed stuff like that. Look at what it does for me (also thank you so much for implying I have a problem, page)

Captura-de-pantalla-2024-01-14-222727.pn

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Hurta said:

Oh I didn't know it displayed stuff like that. Look at what it does for me (also thank you so much for implying I have a problem, page)

Yeah, gotta enter your email to get the full results. I did and then unsubscribed immediately haha.

And yeah, I assume the test is not going to be a great fit for many aces, especially ones with a low libido that isn't at all an indicator of anything being wrong. 

• Like 3

I retook it for funsies, thinking instead not of my current state and feelings about sex/masturbation in this exact moment, but about how I feel when I go through periods of reduced interest. I'm not counting when I was much younger, like when I found AVEN in 2004 and wondered if I was asexual, because there were so many factors there that meant what I was experiencing during that time wasn't at all within a normal and healthy range for me personally. I thought of times within the past few years, while still in a healthy and happy relationship, but when I just wasn't feeling too... sexytimey... and chose the answers that I would've gone with then -- and undoubtedly I'll have more periods like that, because interest in sex fluctuates for pretty much all sexual people and that's totally normal. Anyway, that gave me a score of 58.

Edit: Also retook it trying to recall how would've answered 20 years ago. Got a score of 18.

• Like 3
Philip027

12.  The only reason it wasn't an 8 (which seems to be the lowest possible score, for some reason?) is because I said I was indifferent to sex with a partner (evidenced by my current one and no one else, really) rather than outright disinterested.

Seems like the test/site was geared more toward the female persuasion rather than the male one though, so 🤷‍♂️

Nonlibidoists get to pretty much cheese the hell out of "tests" like these.

• Like 2
Picklethewickle

My score is 10. I don't feel my results are fully accurate, as some options don't even come close to reflecting how I actually feel.

Question 5 needs an option that says "Romance makes me want to physically throw up". It at least needs a "no" option.

Before coming to AVEN, I would have answered 6 as "about the same as others". It turns out the average person is a bit different from me.

Question 9 needs a "I would sooner commit murder" option.

You may be suffering from low desire and perhaps your relationship and/or social life are being affected as a result. The good news is that you would very likely be helped by contacting a practitioner who specializes in the medical diagnosis and treatment of female sexual dysfunction, such as Maze. There are many treatment options available and we can help you find the one that works best for you.

After getting this message, I would very much like an in-person consulation with a practitioner. I would like to see them so I can punch them in the face.

• Like 7
verily-forsooth-egads

It seems the lowest possible score is 8. I'm somewhere in the 8–15 range depending on how charitably I define masturbation.

• Like 3

Got my (55-year-old heterosexual male) partner to take it and he scored 84 and had similar difficulty with the question that I did. I think the instant desire for sex based on a total stranger being hot really only applies to some young horny and very visually-driven guys and maybe a select few others.

• Like 2
oops_eddie

I scored 16, which I found strange because I answered most questions with something along the lines of "No, I never feel sexual attraction". It feels oddly high lol.

• Like 2
Philip027
3 hours ago, oops_eddie said:

I scored 16, which I found strange because I answered most questions with something along the lines of "No, I never feel sexual attraction". It feels oddly high lol.

The lowest score is 8, not 0 like anyone would expect, so that may make your score seem proportionally higher than it should be.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Picklethewickle said:

After getting this message, I would very much like an in-person consulation with a practitioner. I would like to see them so I can punch them in the face.

My thoughts exactly.

4 hours ago, oops_eddie said:

I feel very ace and got a 29, if that makes you feel better lol.

• Like 2
Philip027

Well, it's supposed to be a libido test, not a sexual attraction test -- although even this test itself kinda conflates the two a bit.  It's to be expected, because they do tend to have some degree of integration for sexual people.

Two aces, one with libido and one without, would expect to get different scores on such a test.  Indifference vs repulsion would also be a factor (like for me, it was the only reason why I didn't get the lowest possible score).

• Like 1
nanogretchen4

As a demisexual, I also find the question very confusing. Most of the time, I find zero people sexually attractive. Once in a long while I suddenly find myself sexually attracted to one particular person I have been close to for two years or more. Once I am sexually attracted to a certain person, it's a long term thing. But because I am already in some sort of close relationship with them I am probably going to see them quite frequently. At times I could be quite interested in having sex but it's not like I automatically want sex every time I see them which, as previously mentioned, is probably quite frequently. 

• Like 2
On 1/15/2024 at 6:00 AM, oops_eddie said:

I got a 16 too

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere
On 1/15/2024 at 4:08 AM, Hurta said:

Lowest I've heard until now  was 28 (I'm gonna have to meet that friend of a friend because that's an ace man if I've ever met one)

I scored 18... If I took the test back when I was nonlibidoist (I'd love to return to that... 🥺), I would have scored even lower.

• Like 1
Snittingnexttoborpo

I got 28 

some of the questions didn't make sense, but i just answered what was closest. i think my last answer was the most "sexual" one (revisiting sex scenes in books/movies because they turn me on) but when it came to having sex with partners i always picked the least sexual answer lol

• Like 2
soong_type_freak

i got 18. 

also this question kinda got me laughing cuz i'm virgin and could last all my life without sex. "probably a year" is the only option available for me here though...

ice-screenshot-20240126-030947.png

• Like 5
everywhere and nowhere
20 hours ago, soong_type_freak said:

also this question kinda got me laughing cuz i'm virgin and could last all my life without sex. "probably a year" is the only option available for me here though...

I felt the same about this question (except that it's not like I just "could last all my life without sex", I actively want never to have sex because I'm sex-averse). It seems like an absolute upper limit of what sexual people can even imagine when it comes to celibacy...

• Like 5
Disneyplusandchill
On 1/14/2024 at 9:59 PM, verily-forsooth-egads said:

It seems the lowest possible score is 8. I'm somewhere in the 8–15 range depending on how charitably I define masturbation.

Pretty similar here. We're almost bottoming out the scale!

And can I just, say, this is absolutely hilarious. Imagine the people who made this goofy thing looking at the sudden spike in VERY low scores and being deeply confused and concerned 😂

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Disneyplusandchill said:

Pretty similar here. We're almost bottoming out the scale!

And can I just, say, this is absolutely hilarious. Imagine the people who made this goofy thing looking at the sudden spike in VERY low scores and being deeply confused and concerned 😂

I hadn’t thought of that, which makes it even funnier because I did it like three times so I only contributed and kept contributing to it lol.

• Like 2
Blueberry Pie

Got 16. There were a couple of questions concerning self-pleasure I didn't know how to answer because it can depend on whether I'm about to have my period or something.

On 1/26/2024 at 3:54 PM, everywhere and nowhere said:

I felt the same about this question (except that it's not like I just "could last all my life without sex", I actively want never to have sex because I'm sex-averse). It seems like an absolute upper limit of what sexual people can even imagine when it comes to celibacy...

Yeah, the one-year thing was interesting to me too.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I scored like 45. That all on the self pleasure questions I answered 0 on partnered sex questions

• Like 1

I scored 8, which didn't surprise me.

• Like 1
The Sword
6 hours ago, pma01 said:

I scored like 45. That all on the self pleasure questions I answered 0 on partnered sex questions

Scored 42, and yeah, pretty much the same.

• Like 2
songchick

I scored 20. 

• Like 1
pluto the great

8 but sometimes even the most sex repulsed option wasnt sex repulsed enough