Did you have a bachelor/ette party and if yes, what did you do?

cauliSunflower

cauliSunflower

Hi, I'll probably get married at some point within the next few years and I'm thinking about what to do for a bachelorette party. I'm not big on alcohol, and obviously I'm not into the sex-related stuff (strippers, sexual jokes, etc.) that seem to be common. However, I only know bachelor/ette parties from movies and from the odd short encounter with a group of dressed up, drunk and screaming women with "bachelorette" tiaras on the street, so what do I know what people actually do on them :D

Did you guys have bachelor/ette parties before getting marries, and if yes, what did you do?

When brainstorming, for example, I'd like to go to an escape room or go to a really cool bookshop and have my books paid by someone else. Or going dancing and have a good time, but without the bad music and the alcohol and someone creepily approaching me on the dancefloor and making me feel unsafe. Or just hanging out, playing cards against humanity, watching a movie, eating pizza and having a good time.

I'd love to hear what you did or what you plan on doing!

I've been married and divorced and plan to remarry, and absolutely no, I didn't have a bachelorette party when I married my ex-husband and won't when I marry my current partner. I don't like parties and I don't have enough offline friends to invite anyway (and the few I have don't know each other so that would be weird I think). Even my first wedding itself had only one guest, and I don't expect my second one will have many either.

Sorry that's not a very fun answer. 🙃

• Like 5
Philip027

Even if I had enough friends for such a thing to possibly happen, I would not have wanted one anyway.

After we were married (a very simple ceremony at the notary's office that basically amounted to saying "yes" a few times and signing a few papers, and only my spouse's parents were there as the required witnesses) we pretty much just... went back home and played video games.  Business as usual.

• Like 5
J. van Deijck

I'm married and I didn't have such party either. We didn't even have a wedding party.

• Like 4
Purplegems3

I am currently unmarried but I am a Bridesmaid for one of my friends who is just doing some kinda of dinner party for her Hen Night with me, her maid of honour, her sisters & female friends (bridemaids) & some female school friends which she hasn't seen in ages

J. van Deijck
2 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

(a very simple ceremony at the notary's office that basically amounted to saying "yes" a few times and signing a few papers,

That's how our wedding looked like, too. Afterwards we went back home and enjoyed the rest of the day.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, J. van Deijck said:

Afterwards we went back home and enjoyed the rest of the day.

My ex-husband and I got cups of tea at a Tim Hortons and then went to Walmart and I bought a bag of toffees. Then we went home and he immediately went to bed (as it was the dead of night; we got married at 1.00 am for Reasons) and I smoked some weed and listened to music and stayed up all night by myself.

I don't know what the after-the-ceremony part will look like when my partner and I get married, possibly something slightly more romantic and maybe sexytimey (since neither of us is ace) than my first time round lol, but still very likely low-key and just the two of us.

• Like 2
marieatsplants

My close friend got married recently and what I really liked about their "wedding party" is that all the celebrations were combined! We had a big cookout the day before the wedding which was technically the "bachelor/bachelorette" party, but nothing was split between the spouses except when we were helping them set up (in which case my friend was in charge of delegating tasks to the friends they'd elected to the wedding party, and their husband was in charge of his). It was never gendered, never had any sexual innuendos, and was really just about gathering those closest to the couple for extra support and quality time.

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr

I've never been married, though I have been close twice (proposals/planning phase/rings got). I would not have had a bachelor/ette party even if the almost-spouse had of done, because I am extremely introverted, hate parties, and have few friends. One IRL, most are online.

I have been to one of each (bachelor and bachelorette) and one combined. All were pretty uncomfortable for me, with the combined one being the most comfortable to deal with overall, as it was a sit down meal at a restaurant with about a dozen or so of us.

I never plan on getting married (or likely having another relationship), but if it ever were to happen I think of all the options I would either go with the combined pre-wedding meal for close family, or just not having one at all.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, cauliSunflower said:

I'd like to go to an escape room or go to a really cool bookshop and have my books paid by someone else.

Those ideas sound good. :) 

6 hours ago, cauliSunflower said:

eating pizza

And/or this. :) 

I have never been close to even getting engaged, much less married, so I haven't really thought about this topic much. I have never even been to anyone else's bachelor/bachelorette parties (or pre-wedding dinners (rehearsal dinners?) or anything like that). Being very introverted and without many close friends I'd probably avoid a big "do" anyway. Not that it's likely I will ever get married. :P 

Anyway, since it's your party I hope you get to do things you enjoy. Best wishes! :cake: 

• Like 2