Hello all, newbie here!

Hello all!  I'm very new here, pleased to meet you all.

I'm about to have my 50th birthday next month, not sure how I feel about that.  Not that I can really do anything about it, though XD.

The last 5 years of my life have been one discovery after another.  After spending years not sure why I seemed so broken, why nothing was easy for me when others seemed to sail through life, why I was so stupid and worthless, I was finally diagnosed with ADHD INATTENTIVE. And shortly on the heels of that, that I was Demisexual.  Medication helps with the first....not so much the second, lol.

I've never had sex (gasp), not because I was saving myself, or waiting for "the one", but because I've honestly never felt sexy, never felt desirable, and never really had that connection with anyone.  I would really love to have that connection - it's tough being lonely, and being a middle aged woman in this world with no one for support.  I've tried dating apps, but it seems all the men that contact me are only looking for hookups, or else within 3 days of talking are looking to exchange phone numbers. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that seems very fast to me.  It's also difficult using the apps because often after talking for a day, I'm struggling to keep a conversation going, or I just lose interest in them and it's just talking to a complete stranger.

It's nice to finally find a site where I know I'm in the company of similar people, where I won't be judged for being different.

• Like 2

Hi. Welcome! :cake:

Thank you, for sharing your experiences.

:) In case you're interested, AVEN has an Older Asexuals forum and an ADHD thread in the Intersectionality forum.

[a pic of a round, white cake (on a white cake stand) decorated as a snowy, winter scene, topped with four, frosted graham cracker trees and a couple of snow-covered trees.]

72_dpi_webp-6591846_WinterCake_NOV20.jpg