New and confused

Lollypop61

Hi there. I am new to this site and have no idea how to navigate to anything. I am also new to the realization that I am asexual. I am 62, and I want a relationship that is loving and close, but I hate sex. It almost makes me physically sick. I just watched Coming Out Colton and saw how helpful it was for him to find his LGBTQ community. I started crying because I knew that is what I want but I didn't think they existed. So now I'm here and I'm confused and I want to meet other aces where I live.

• Like 7

It isn't letting me open anything and now an error message pops up saying the site can't be reached. I think I will go to bed (why am I up at almost 1 am?!) and try again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome, @Lollypop61🍰😊

I agree - getting to read about relatable experiences, warm and supportive responses and just feeling a sense of acceptance - is very comforting. Has been that way for me; and I hope you find that sense of community here too 🌻🍀

• Like 1

@Lollypop61 Hello. Welcome! :cake:

Thank you, for sharing that.

:) If it helps, AVEN has a Meetup Mart forum, if you're interested in trying to find other aces in your area.

In addition to what I mentioned, here, in your status update (if you're having tech issues on the site), I thought I'd help mention that I, also, have a few links in my signature (at the bottom of my posts) that have some information to help members navigate the site.

I hope this helps!

[a pic of a two-tiered Strawberry cake (topped with a few strawberries in the center) on a glass cake stand. A piece has, already, been cut and placed on a gold-trimmed plate.]

Strawberry-Cake-Feature-1084x1536.jpg

• Like 1
Old Maid Librarian
6 hours ago, Lollypop61 said:

Hi there. I am new to this site and have no idea how to navigate to anything. I am also new to the realization that I am asexual. I am 62, and I want a relationship that is loving and close, but I hate sex. It almost makes me physically sick. I just watched Coming Out Colton and saw how helpful it was for him to find his LGBTQ community. I started crying because I knew that is what I want but I didn't think they existed. So now I'm here and I'm confused and I want to meet other aces where I live.

Welcome! Have some cake! 🍰

I'm in my 70's and didn't know there was a name for my feelings until I was your age. AVEN skews really young (every time someone posts about worrying about their SAT scores, I feel ancient).  However, it is a good community and I think the young ones have a lot to teach us. There are some older people too. Try the Older Asexuals forum.

It sounds we have some interests in common. If you would like to send me a private message just to talk, I would welcome that.  If you don't feel comfortable with that yet, that is fine.