Fresh out of my first relationship...

junebuglovesyou

junebuglovesyou

I just got out of my first real relationship. One of my close friends drunkenly confessed their love for me, and I felt really pressured to reciprocate feelings that I didn't have, eventually convincing myself I would be willing to date them if we took it slow instead of jumping fully into being a girlfriend like they wanted. I finally realized that casual dating and being friends don't look any different for me besides in intention and label. It gave me a lot of anxiety because shes very physical and I am ace, which is a part of me that I obviously value but something she doesn't understand. She wasn't very willing to learn and was not a safe person to have a conversation with. I hate being dismissed as confusing or invalid. Im glad I broke it off but upset I felt like I had to date her in the first place, upset that the boundaries I felt were necessary for my identity were labeled as strange and I am upset that I lost friends. Does anyone have any advice on how to date or have these conversations in the future? Or how to talk to my friends that I lost because she didn't understand me? Or how not to feel like a horrible person? Lol 

• Like 1

Dating people who don't understand aceness is always hard.  I understand having anxiety about it.  Her not being open minded also makes things difficult.  

You're not a horrible person because this happened to you.