Could someone help me understand the point of the label diamoric?

I just heard about this and it’s honestly really interesting. But at the same time I’m confused by it. Diamoric is a term for nonbinary people to use as an orientation label. It doesn’t actually specify what genders they’re attracted to, just that they’re nonbinary and that affects their attraction. It can be used as an add-on to another label (diamoric lesbian, diamoric pansexual, etc.) but it can also be a main orientation label. I’m somewhat confused as to why. I mean, it doesn’t specify who you’re attracted to (labels like straight, androsexual, vincian, etc.) or how your attraction works (labels like demiromantic, aceflux, grayrose, etc.) just that you’re nonbinary. It’s sometimes framed as a nonbinary equivalent to sapphic or achillean, but it’s really not. Sapphic and achillean are anyone who is WLW or MLM, exclusively or not. By that logic diamoric should be anyone who is NBLNB, exclusively or not, but it’s not. An equivalent of diamoric for the binary genders would be a label to describe how being male/female influences your attraction. But despite all this confusion about it, it feels intriguing. Like, for me, being outside the binary does affect a lot of things in my life. Like, I want to learn more about this. So if there is anyone here who is diamoric who can explain why, that would be super helpful.

thebluestskye

Well from my albeit very basic understanding it's kina like how someone who is for example a Bi Woman might prefer to describe her relationship with another Woman as Sapphic since she doesn't identify as Lesbian so to her the relationship isn't Lesbian despite being a relationship between two women, similarly a Nonbinary person who is attracted to Women might not feel comfortable using the term Lesbian in isolation since it implies that they too identify as a Women when they don't. There's also just a technical aspect to it with the meanings of homo and hetero those being "same" and "other" respectively and for a nonbinary person those terms now don't technically hold the same meaning because of their gender identity. Also to be kinda pessimistic some people can be really shitty about nonbinary people using terms like Lesbian or Straight and use that to question their gender identity or just be generally shitty towards them so this clarification might offer some slight protection from that

• Like 3

Another extension for use where LGBT+ can't meet every feature of everyone's attraction types, with a focus on semantics.

• Like 1