Hello everyone, I'm new here

Hi, nice to meet you ^^

I'm a 35 years old woman and I just recently figured that I'm demi.

Maybe it's a bit strange that only now do I realize it, but first, until some time ago I didn't know what a demi person was and second, I'm bipolar and I used to be really sexual during my mania phases, before I got medicated and stop having those phases, and I just simply never took the time to stop and think and realize that most of the sex I had in the past was because I was aroused and in the mood for it, and not because the person with who I had it turned me on.

I think one of the reasons why I never figured what I am before is because I'm social isolated and even in the past, when I had friends with who I regulary spoke and hang out with, we never talked about sex and attraction and stuff like that, so I never met anyone who, for example, was attracted to someone at first sight, so I kinda thought that kind of thing only happened when you meet someone special. I'm kinda sad because that will never happen to me, meet someone and just click right away. I read that a lot in romance books and I always wanted it for me.

I also feel silly for only now realizing that the problems that a past 7 years relationship had due to lack of sex, was because my attraction to him dissapeared when the way he treated me started to turn my heart cold and the connection I used to feel started to dissapear.

Funny thing, I told today to an online friend that I'm demi and his reply was 'I figured'. Turns out, he knew it before I did lol.

I'm not sure what else to say about me, it's been 15 years or so since last time I introduced myself on a forum lol

• Like 2
Sarah-Sylvia

@AllegraSHi 🍰
Attraction at first sight is overrated, for relationships, it's much better ot actually get to know someone and like them more for who they are :).
I think it's better to have a good foundation. Welcome around, hope the site is useful.

Hello there @AllegraS! It's very nice to have you on the forum with us! I'm fairly new also, as well as demisexual! :) I hope you like it here, welcome!

TheSmolFoxWeeb

Hi welcome to AVEN 🍰

Congrats on figuring yourself out, and I hope you enjoy your time here :D

Hey, welcome!! 🍰 

Nice to see yoiu've figured yourself and yeah, that sometimes happens lol (the friend thing. Friends know).

Hi. Welcome! :cake:

[a close of pic of a vanilla cupcake (in a black liner) decorated with a red rose on top. Parts of other cupcakes are on the bottom left corner and in the top right.] 

Easy-Red-Rose-Cupcakes-500x500.jpg