Am I Oriented aro/ace (specifically ace/cupioromantic)

The Paracosmist

I've done a lot of deep diving into acespec/arospec orientations. But not into being oriented aro/ace.

I am asexual and have no desire to have sex, be pregnant ect. I also consider myself cupioromantic since I want a relationship but have never thought that much about having a relationship with anyone and it sometimes feels weird. The only thing on top of this is that I see alot of people when I'm out where I think 'oh they r really hot/pretty/cool!', however this has never happened for guys, like I can tell when some guy is conventionally attractive, but never in they way I feel for women/ other ppl. 

If anyone who knows about this/ is oriented, pls tell me what you think as it would help me greatly.

Sarah-Sylvia

@The Paracosmist Some use it because their attraction can lead to wanting a qpr, which can definitely be meaningful. Other than that being 'oriented' is really a personal thing in terms of if you consider the attraction you feel to be signifigicant or meaningful enough to use the label (to say you're oriented). Lots might feel aesthetic or platonic attraction but won't use it because it's normal enough to feel those things, while some others feel it says something about them somehow, for that they want to consider being oriented.

What would make you decide to have a romantic relationship with someone? If it's that you'd like to be closer or have a more intimate bond with them, you could just use a romantic or grayromantic label rather than an oriented aro one. Of course i still don't know fully how you feel.

The Paracosmist

How i would separate my attraction is:

Sexual:none, kinda sex repulsed.

Romantic: don't feel attraction, but still want a relationship.

Other: I see some people (women/ppl) and I think that they r really hot/ cool/ pretty ect. 

I think its pretty important to me since I would want to date non-men way more rather then men because this other attraction.

Also do know how to say it, e.g: I'm oriented polyromantic. Or is there a better way to say it?

Sarah-Sylvia
9 minutes ago, The Paracosmist said:

How i would separate my attraction is:

Sexual:none, kinda sex repulsed.

Romantic: don't feel attraction, but still want a relationship.

Other: I see some people (women/ppl) and I think that they r really hot/ cool/ pretty ect. 

I think its pretty important to me since I would want to date non-men way more rather then men because this other attraction.

Also do know how to say it, e.g: I'm oriented polyromantic. Or is there a better way to say it?

If you're polyromantic then that's all you need to say.
If you experience attraction that's meaningful to you to anyone (including men) and consider yourself aro then you would be poly-oriented aroace, or poly-aromatic asexual. There's different ways like that to say it.

If you only want to say you're oriented towards women/feminine aligned people, then as someone non-binary you could say you're gyne-oriented as an aroace (or gyne-aromantic asexual)

Sarah-Sylvia

Being cupioromantic but aro would mean you don't experience romantic feelings for anyone right? I think it's important to add that you're aromantic if you are, to always mention it because while some romantic people can be ok with someone aro for most it can be hard to not feel like their partner has those feelings towards them, or not wanted romantically.

The Paracosmist

Thx! Will do so :)

• Like 1