For those who used to go or on Reddit/Twitter

Former redditors or tweeters  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you plan to go into or/have already went into?

• A fediverse instance: kbin, lemmy.world, etc (See https://lemmyverse.net/)
    • Bluesky
    • Mastodon
    • Tildes
    • I plan to stay in Reddit/Twitter
    • I don't go on into social media
    • Other

Because of the recent fiasco of Reddit and Twitter, I think that there are some of you making the change.

Anomaly Q3Xr

I quit Twitter when Musk began plans to take over, and haven't looked back. I am technically on Mastodon as I created that as I was leaving Twitter, but I have decided instead to step back from most social media platforms for the time being. I still have Facebook, but I am not on there much, and it is mostly to stay in touch with a few friends and family.

I'll never return to Twitter most likely, and 100% definitely not as long as Musk owns it. Musk was not my only reason for departing, I saw too much transphobic crap too, and had enough of it all.

• Like 3
Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

I quit Twitter a long time ago, but I still use Reddit.

• Like 1
RoseGoesToYale

Never been on Twitter and sure as hell won't start now. The only reason I'm on reddit is for the childfree community, and occasionally the atheist community (and if you're a member of both of those, you're unofficially shunned from the rest of reddit anyway).

I want to open a Mastodon account for my graphic design business, but I keep putting it because I know as soon as I do, I'll get followers and people will expect me to produce more and more, faster and faster, compounded with the pressure of having to post social media every day, and the expectations will get so high they'll crush me. 🙃

• Like 2

I'm not making any change, I'm going to continue using Reddit and Twitter. Not interested in switching to anything new.

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
36 minutes ago, Lysandre, the Star-Crossed said:

I quit Twitter a long time ago, but I still use Reddit.

Same, but I'm thinking about leaving Reddit, too.

I pretty much left reddit. I did make a fediverse account (and one on another site that isn't listed above that one of the lesbian subs migrated to), but honestly, it's too much hassle so I just stay off. Given the way reddit screwed over both its users depending on accessibility apps and its mods depending on tools the reddit app doesn't offer, it's a question of time till the platform degenerates to low-effort reposts and spam given that efficient moderation has been made that much harder.

• Like 1

I’ve never had a Twitter account to begin with. I used to lurk on it, but apparently you can’t do that without an account anymore. I’m tempted to make an account with no personal info just so I can keep up with some anime/manga/fandom related stuff. Maybe I’ll do that once I’ve weaned myself off following political stuff that just pisses me off.

I do use Reddit. I only post on a couple of subreddits anyway, and lurk on the other ones that peak my interest, especially the One Punch Man and BNHA subreddits to keep up with the mangas.

ThePapercraftingCat

I had Twitter very briefly last year just so I could get updates about the bus service in my town. Since that egotistical man-baby took over I deleted my account. Now when I look at what he's done to the platform I'm never joining twitter ever again. 

Never been interested in Reddit so never joined it. 

I'm on Twitter. Mostly to stalk the stars I love and for updates on events I'm interested in.

I've got no issues with Reddit.

Twitter breaks sometimes and there are some annoying people on there , but it gets more bearable if you block them. Kinda like AVEN!

I've looked at some of the others, but they mostly seem a bit...crap.

• Like 2

left twitter a few months ago due to the current hellscape w/ musk

reddit sucks and I want to leave

are there any good alternatives though? mastodon is... meh 

• Like 1

Yes, I am very liberal using the block button on twitter

Thelre are a lot of people there not worth getting into arguments with, especially those that paid 8 dollars so that more people can see their abusive tweets. They are straight on the block list.

7r9r7k.jpg

The thing with twitter is that there is a lot of cycling teams, cycling journalists, cyclists on it so particularly useful on being up to date,  neither mastodon or bluesky have that.

I am also on Mastodon, signed up last October or so.  Mastodon's problem is a lot of people got bored after an initial thing. On Sunday this week, some came back but even going through accounts I followed back in the original exodus, most are now inactive and went back to twitter

Bluesky feels like this party everyone else can get in, but no one wants to invite me, just like actual parties. I did sign up to the waitlist at one point but not holding my breath for an invite code.

• Like 1

I've never had a Twitter account, so no need for me to look for anything else in that regard. I have a Reddit account, but I hardly use it and when I do go on Reddit it is usually just to read opinions on this or that, and I never really post anything. Reddit always felt like a bit of a cesspool to me so I never spent much time there, but it can be useful for some things.

I'm trying to cut down on my social media, not increase it, so won't be looking into any of the options noted in the poll. The social media I use the most is probably Instagram and I've cut down on my time on that. I would delete it so I don't have any chance of getting pulled into watching brainless reels, but I have too many people on there that I use it to keep in touch with so am just trying to use it solely for that. 

29 minutes ago, aafire said:

left twitter a few months ago due to the current hellscape w/ musk

reddit sucks and I want to leave

are there any good alternatives though? mastodon is... meh 

Those I mention are alternatives. I'm using some fediverse instances like lemmy.world/lemmy.zip.

Deleted - wrong thread 🙃

I still don't understand what the word 'fediverse' means and I don't even care enough to look it up. 😂

• Like 1
Purple Red Panda

I'm on Twitter gleefully watching it slowly implode. I've no plans to move anywhere else at the moment.

27 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

I still don't understand what the word 'fediverse' means and I don't even care enough to look it up. 😂

I looked it up and I still haven't got a clue!

• Like 3

Don't use twitter.  Spouse did but quit largely due to how insufferable the community can be.

I use reddit, but more of a reader than a contributor.  I don't really understand what all the fuss about it is lately; all this API / 3rd party app stuff doesn't affect me at all as I don't use any of it, so it really just comes across as a bunch of subs closing themselves off for... no real reason (it's not like it's going to incite any change)

I used to have a reddit account, it was useful for keeping up with some niche hobbies. I deleted my account when it became clear it was the end of the road for the third-party apps, and I haven't missed it much tbh.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

The only things on Reddit I'm really a part of and might use pretty actively are shortwave radio and signal identification communities. I've joined my country group, too, but the community pretty much sucks and I really don't fancy being there anymore.

And none of the alternatives is interesting enough for me.

• Like 1

Despite being a user of both I'll stay on the platforms. I don't have any thing better to do and honestly I'm not paying the mush money and neither am I to reddit

I have subreddits which I can't find on an instance like lemmy (me with my obscure fandoms) and I like finding the groups to post questions on where I can't find answers anywhere else

I have tunblr tho but I use it in tune with everything else and not as a replacement for (joined before the Great Twitter Chaos and Reddit shit) reddit and twitter

TestingInProd

I don't post much but used to follow a lot of people on Twitter as an information source. Pretty early on literally all of them moved to various Mastodon instances. Made for an easy decision to move.

Starry Sky

Don’t think I’ll ever stop using Reddit. I get far too much value out of it to switch over… whatever is going on? I may be on the internet but I live under a rock. 

• Like 1
Autumn ace

I don’t have a Twitter Account, but Twitter has been a good way for me to keep track of things like album release dates and updates from artists I like. Since I could look without having an account, it was convenient. It’s not convenient anymore, so my already limited relationship with Twitter has pretty much come to an end. 
I check Reddit all the time, and I recently made an account. I can’t imagine not using Reddit, so unless something major happens, I’m sticking with it for now. 

SpaceDustbin

Still using Reddit. I like that there are hyper specific sub-reddits that can sometimes actually give you good information. You just don't find that anywhere else