Greetings and Salutations

Greetings:

Thanks for the website and the community. I'm hoping to share my journey and help others who may have similar stories.

I'm a mid-40's male married to my wonder wife of 20+ years of similar age. I'm mainly here to share my story and help others so I'm not going to share much of her story.

I believe my wife is asexual and I am not, with me being higher drive.  She doesn't identify so I'm trying to come to terms that this is who she is. That probably sounds really obnoxious to say out loud but this has caused a lot of problems in our marriage. After 20+ years of marriage I feel like I'm now maturing enough to handle this. It's really helped me lurking on this forum and reading other's stories about this just being the type of person she is instead of something she is doing wrong. 

My goal of being here is to support those who are not asexual who are in relationships with people who are. I wish I had this type of community and knowledge earlier in my marriage as it would have saved us so much time and conflict. 

Thanks again and I look forward to conversing with others here.

• Like 3

Hi. Welcome! :cake:

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi! I'm just letting you know I've moved your thread from the Welcome Lounge to the "For Sexual Partners, Friends, and Allies" forum.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator