Confused

ladylacewing

ladylacewing

I'm having trouble. On one hand I fit into demisexual and on the other I fit into fraysexual. If I have very strong romantic feelings for someone I can be sexually attracted to them. If I don't or hardly know someone I can be sexually attracted to them. Equally as intensely. If I know you, know you well, and have no romantic feelings towards you, there's no way I'd ever be sexually attracted. We can be friends, best friends, like family, but I would never be physically attracted. There's just no in between. Is there a term for this or am I just to use these 2 terms?

• Like 2

could you be ok identifying with both it doesn’t have to make sense to others it just has make sense to you or if you feel restricted you could try being unlabeled?

Sarah-Sylvia

Hi. Do you feel you need a label for it? It could be simpler to just explain if it comes up. Or you could just consider yourself sexual but with a quirk where you can't feel sexual attraction to someone you've known but don't have romantic feelings for.  There's a diveristy of how someone can be sexual.

As far as I know there's no term that would fit 'exactly', and demisexuality can include developing sexual feelings with someone you've known, so long as a strong or longterm bond exists.

• Like 2