Choose the least bad option to face (Science Fiction)

AVENites choice of facing science fiction enemies  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of those seem like the least bad option?

• The Wraith (Stargate)
    • The Goa`uld (Stargate)
    • Galactic Empire (Star Wars)
    • 0 [Q-Adjectant] (Star Trek)
    • Borg (Star Trek)
    • Weeping Angels (Tardis)
  2. 2. Which is the worse to face?

• The Wraith (Stargate)
    • The Goa`uld (Stargate)
    • Galactic Empire (Star Wars)
    • 0 [Q-Adjectant] (Star Trek)
    • Borg (Star Trek)
    • Weeping Angels (Tardis)

Did you mean Q? I don't know O.

Anyway, I don't know the Stargate ones.

Dunno, I seriously haven't the faintest clue what any of them are. But just going on the names, somehow 'Weeping Angels' manages to sound like the least awful option while also sounding like the creepiest. 😂

23 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

Dunno, I seriously haven't the faintest clue what any of them are. But just going on the names, somehow 'Weeping Angels' manages to sound like the least awful option while also sounding like the creepiest. 😂

Well, I'm adding a brief description.

1) The Wraith (Stargate) - Technologically advanced species that enslaves human-like beings for food.

2) The Goa`uld (Stargate) - Technologically advanced being where its followers are subjected to be melded with a parasite that can control minds. They act as if they're god.

3) Galactic Empire (Star Wars) - A totalitarian regime where violence and repression are used. Its goal is to rule over a galaxy.

4) 0 [Q-Adjectant] (Star Trek) - Space gods that likes playing with human-like being as if they're a rat in the face of a cat. They can rule the entire universe without intervention.

5) Borg (Star Trek) - Technologically advanced cyborg which forces beings to assimilate into their group.

6) Weeping Angels (Tardis) - Creatures that are statues when your eyes are open, but moves fast when you close your eyes or even blink.

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr

I picked the Weeping Angels as the least bad option, and 0 as the worse to face.

Although, despite being a lifelong Trekkie, I have never been a fan of species like 0, Q, etc.

I thought that I'd rank them too, because why not? From least bad to worse to face I'd go:

1. Weeping Angels

2. The Goa'uld

3. The Wraith

4. Galactic Empire

5. Borg Collective

6. 0

Yeah, not being familiar with Stargate, I'd say the Empire is easily the least scary/impressive. They get beat by a band of scrappy misfits, like nearly all the time.

So yeah, an evil Q thing would be the worst, unless I also get an omnipotent being on my team. Then the Borg, somewhere between that and Palpatine and all his fodder.

Hmm, I'm intrigued that the Wriath didn't get any vote for the second one. I'm guessing that they using humans as food is much less personal than other things.

ElloryJaye
7 minutes ago, R_1 said:

Hmm, I'm intrigued that the Wriath didn't get any vote for the second one. I'm guessing that they using humans as food is much less personal than other things.

Anthropophagy just isn't very novel—even in our present rather sheltered world, some human will occasionally be eaten by an apex predator, like a shark or a rogue lion.  And, of course, there's also a history in some corners of the world of humans eating other humans.  A highly-advanced society that eats humans is very little different from a highly-advanced society that just enslaves humans, and that's well-trodden ground.

Plus, a certain Twilight Zone episode considerably predates even the original Stargate movie, so people who consume a lot of SF had run into the idea before.  "To Serve Man is a cookbook!"

Picklethewickle

I'm loving the Stargate options. I picked the Goa'uld as the least bad, simply because I've met ruder people. I picked Weeping Angels as the worst, even though I like them, because I'm a blinky sucker and would die before I even got a proper look at one.

• 2 weeks later...

Weeping Angels are by far the least bad since they don't technically kill you. Just a pat on the shoulder and you get time travelled to somewhere else. Still gives you the possibility of a good life once you reconcile being forcibly relocated from your life.

From the basic description of the O, they sound the worst since they're technology levels above everybody else on the list to the point that they may as well be gods. The second worst on the list would be the Empire methinks, because while you can fight them as a military, their head and core is one of the most powerful space wizards ever known, and even if he doesn't match up to older Sith Lords in terms of raw strength, Palpatine's deviousness and plans within plans allowed him to single handedly take over on his own. A regular soldier couldn't kill him, and as long as he was alive in some sense, so was the Empire.

The others all suck to contend with too, but they can be engaged and resisted in a military sense. Space gods and space wizard can't. (Granted, I'm only thinking of space wizard in the legacy lore sense. Palpatine found ways to transfer himself into bodies if one was destroyed and he could solo fleets of starships on his own)

• Like 1