How to come out by text

Almost_something

Almost_something

I think I'll gonna have to come out as trans by message for a few people who I'm not especially close. I don't think they will react badly and it's safe for me to do this, but I still feel a little uncomfortable doing it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do it?

Grey-Ace Ventura

Ironically, the only two people I ever came out to in person were people I wasn't close with at the time. I told everyone else over text, including my parents and my brother.

I would recommend just casually telling them the name you want them to use (if you chose a new one), and the pronouns you prefer. I find being casual about it tends to make the experience less uncomfortable, especially if you feel these people will respond fine to your coming out. You could include your specific identity if you want, but I tend to find there's no need for me personally if it's people I'm not too close with. Best of luck!!

• Like 1

Hey I'm transgender. Just wanted y'all to be aware. My pronouns are____________.

That's how I come out with my disability, like 

Hey I have an auditory disorder. Just wanted you to know. I communicate best by _________, _______ and _________.

If they have respectful questions about it, you can open a platform for them to ask, but otherwise just pew pew pew the information and check -done.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Crystal dragon

When I came out as trans I told my friend I wanted to call them and was like “hey I wan’t to use different pronouns maybe perhaps idk I mean like ahsgdjqabg.” But they understood anyways.

When I came out as genderfluid the second time I just sent a gif of the flag went “^me” and left it at that. 

Crystal dragon

There is this moment of nervousness after but the feeling of being left in the gray area unable to tell them is worse by a long shot then after you just tell them and get it out.