New to identity know no one who feels this way. NYC

monicaLynn

Hey there. 32 year old female new to nyc and new to the realization of my asexuality. I know no one who identifies this way and am in a relationship with a guy who is not asexual. i have been hiding the fact that i do not like sex as i have with all of my past partners. i enjoy and want to be in a committed affectionate relationship but do not care for sex. i always thought there was a problem with me until i heard of this website.

i am looking to meet others in the area who feel the same way...

~monica

Welcomes! I'm about an hour away from NYC but I can't say I visit very often. Have some cake while waiting for New Yorkers, though. :cake::cake::cake:

.welcome! :cake:

.i'm currently in south jersey, though my girlfriend goes to nyu, so i'm at least in the area pretty often. .i'm glad you found us, and realized that there is nothing wrong with you, plenty of us feel the same way.

.now, this is easy for me to say, since i'm a really really open A (i tell complete strangers who happen to ask about my tattoo), but i'd suggest being up front about it with anyone you would even think about being in a realtionship with. .guys, particularly straight guys, are generally not very understanding about this, and they certainly need boundaries clearly defined, otherwise you're in an uncomfortable situation. .anyway, welcome, and i hope you stick around, and enjoy the wonderful community of AVEN. :)

Hi nad welcome.

Have some :cake:

You are not alone here.

Hope AVEN helps.

Welcome and :cake::cake:. You've picked a great city to be Asexy in - plenty of meetups happen so you shouldn't be alone for long.

lostbutstilllooking

Hi. I know no one who is asexual where I live either--but you have a better chance in finding someone like yourself in NYC. If you really want to know what it's like feeling completely alone, try living in Mississippi. :P

Until recently I didn't actually realize I leaned toward asexuality either. Then again...who had ever heard of that in the middle of the hypersexualized Dirty South?

Here you will never be alone. Welcome to the site.

Archived