Hey there!

EarthboundAddict

On 7/5/2022 at 4:34 PM, EarthboundAddict said:

This right here is what I call ABSOLUTE GOALS.

The compound in the link is a big boi considering that it isn't a biomolecule. Though I was wondering, in your compund, do the phenyls and double bond make the molybdenum ion more reactive or do they interact with the molybdenum ion as to try to retain some kind of aromaticity in the five membered ring?

Sorry for the late reply, I was graduating :P 

It is a big boi yes, the molymod I have of it is huge!

The NCS leaves, so it forms a 2 electron ion on the Molybdenum, this charge can then spread around the ring system which influences the properties of the molecule. The phenyls are there for affecting the bite angle, as they are very bulky so the angle of the ring is larger as a result. The double bond withdraws from the ion into the pi electron system, which is what we were studying as we wanted to see I feel it improved conversion (it didn’t lol).

• 2 weeks later...
EarthboundAddict
On 7/18/2022 at 11:07 PM, LeChat said:

@EarthboundAddict Hello, Andrea. Welcome! :cake:

:) Since you mentioned liking salty snacks, I thought, perhaps, you might like this:

[a pic of an overhead view of a bowl of peanut butter caramel corn, pretzels, and popcorn. It's, also, strewn all over the counter.]

Peanut-Butter-Pretzel-Popcorn-5.jpg

Hi, and thank you! 

You got it right, pretzels are one of my all time favorites :D

EarthboundAddict
On 7/22/2022 at 12:22 AM, Lichley said:

Sorry for the late reply, I was graduating :P 

That's awesome!! Truly congratulations :D

On 7/22/2022 at 12:22 AM, Lichley said:

The NCS leaves so it forms a 2 electron ion on the Molybdenum, this charge can then spread around the ring system which influences the properties of the molecule. The phenyls are there for affecting the bite angle, as they are very bulky so the angle of the ring is larger as a result. The double bond withdraws from the ion into the pi electron system, which is what we were studying as we wanted to see I feel it improved conversion (it didn’t lol).

Those pesky electrons and their lack of collaborative behavior, in a couple months classes here will start again and there will be a course about more advanced biochem, I can already tell it's gonna be... Quite the experience 

• Like 1
On 7/31/2022 at 10:58 AM, EarthboundAddict said:

advanced biochem,

RIP. Good luck with those :P