Aro/Ace Vehicle

ContentedCentipede

ContentedCentipede

Hey there.

I haven't been actively reading and keeping up with things here in a while, but at a quick glance through a few areas, I can see that things are changing - and that makes me feel both nervous about making mistakes and getting yelled at, and old. :P Anyway, this is meant to be fun, and I do not want to offend or upset people, so if I unintentionally say something insensitive or outdated, please correct me gently, because I'm not trying to be a jerk.

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize. 

Okay, so here's the thing.

In a group chat with some LGBTQ+ friends, the topic of people's "queer car stereotypes" came up. Someone had discovered Subaru's ads for lesbians and was thrilled about the Outback being the unofficial lesbian vehicle. Someone else went searching for the gay car stereotype. A third person reported that hybrid vehicles might be a fitting bisexual stereotype, because "they go both ways".

I don't know what the asexual car stereotype is, and I haven't been able to find any signs of a conversation like this online. If you know where this has already been discussed, please let me know and add the link here! If you have thoughts and opinions, please share them here. Please be kind and patient.

I ask you, AVEN community - what do you think an "aro/ace car stereotype" would be and why? What's a vehicle that would represent our community or orientation? What's a vehicle that you think symbolizes asexuality and aromanticism, in the same lighthearted way as cake and dragons?!

Electric car? The Tesla's symbol is based on a cat's nose.

Hmm...well, some of us have mentioned we don't have cars, but walk, cycle, or ride a bus.

:P So, if the other orientations have cars representing them (i.e. meaning sexual attraction), then, maybe, perhaps, asexuality/aromanticism would be something that's not a car (i.e. lack of sexual attraction/lack of romantic attraction).

14 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Hmm...well, some of us have mentioned we don't have cars, but walk, cycle, or ride a bus.

:P So, if the other orientations have cars representing them (i.e. meaning sexual attraction), then, maybe, perhaps, asexuality/aromanticism would be something that's not a car (i.e. lack of sexual attraction/lack of romantic attraction).

Like a bicycle, which lacks an engine. :)

7 minutes ago, Mag, the Drifter said:

Messerschmitt Kabinenroller.jpg

A Messerschmitt KR200, because much like an aro-ace person you've got an almost 0% chance of getting inside one.

(no offense)

I see about 40K were made.

How about the Lagonda Rapide? Only 55 made. 😁

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Autumn Twilight said:

I see about 40K were made.

How about the Lagonda Rapide? Only 55 made. 😁

spacer.png

It's funnier if you know me, because I'm huge compared to most people. (6'1" and 285#)

I couldn't get in one of those if my life depended on it

I vaguely remember a news story from a while back about a cop pulling over a "car" that was actually a bicycle (or maybe a quadracycle) with a car chassis on top . . .

I'm vibing with the bike idea.

ContentedCentipede

This is so awesome! I'm loving this discussion! :D

I like the bike idea. I've actually been thinking about a motorbike with sidecar - because you can bring a friend or pet or plant, and it's not a family vehicle or two-seater or particularly intimate/couply.

TormentDubz

A prop plane

As someone who can’t drive or cycle, the first thing that comes to mind is a shopping trolley (when you give it a shove and then stand on the back). It’s probably better if the trolley has some cake in it as well.

6 hours ago, Cinematic said:

As someone who can’t drive or cycle

So glad I'm not the only one!

18 minutes ago, coolshades said:

So glad I'm not the only one!

You aren't even the only two... 😉

I would absolutely love to push my car into a ditch (well, a recycling facility), but... f*ing southern California.

Archived