Black Stripe Asexuals Hangout Thread

SleuthArt

THE NAME HAS BEEN CHOSEN! (oooooooooh) Black Stripe Asexual won by a landslide! 

And I made a lil wiki -> https://black-stripe-asexual.fandom.com/wiki/A_Crucial_Item (I will be making a page on the lgbtq+ wiki once my account allows it lol)

Current idea for the flag: (can be altered upon demand from the BSAs)

bsaflag.png

Black Stripe Asexual is an umbrella term that represents all asexuals who do not currently experience sexual attraction.

Rules of the thread:

1. No one has to use the term if they don't want to! It's just an optional umbrella term and no one has to label themselves anyway. This is just to specify asexuals who do not experience sexual attraction/intrinsic sexual desire

2. No ace elitism 

3. CAKE

4. You don't have to be a striper to hang out here

The equivalent of Black Stripe Asexuals is maybe Green Stripe Aromantics??

Also, for those who wanted nemosexual to mean something (i.e. myself), I propose it means "an asexual who has never (to the best of their knowledge) experienced sexual attraction/intrinsic sexual desire". At least, that is my life headcanon. Thoughts? 

Also, any other BSA microlabels and flags and news and memes can be suggested in this thread!

Milque Toast

Although I identify with this label, I don't see myself specifying to people that I "do not feel any sexual attraction".

I can definitely see the use of this label being handy, 

but I also feel that when people think of 'asexual', they are imagining the definition of a BSA, which is why we use 'gray-asexual' and 'demisexual' (etc.) to specify that it is different.

Other than that, it is nice to have a flag to fit in with gray asexual, demisexual and all the other terms under the asexual umbrella.

Because, after all, 'asexual' technically counts as an umbrella, meaning there is always room to be more specific! (✿◡‿◡)

Sarah-Sylvia

It's nice to see the idea come to form :)
People don't have to use it, but it exists so that's cool. If it's just to describe and specify something.

uhg I tried, memes aren't my strong point, but ya get the drift

GREETINGS FELLOW BLACK STRIPE ACES. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT GOLF? DONT ANSWER THAT, ITS NOT IMPORTANT. DID YOU KNOW WE ARE HAVING AN OLYMPICS? GO CHECK IT OUT IN JFF. PLEASE.

THERE ARE CUTE ANIMALS THAT NEED YOUR VOTES. CUTE ANIMALS INCLUDE CLOWNFISH. NEMO IS A CLOWNFISH.

ALSO, I WANT IN TO THE BIKER GANG. BUT JUST LIKE ON A REGULAR BICYCLE. 

3 minutes ago, Vemmaren said:

GREETINGS FELLOW BLACK STRIPE ACES. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT GOLF? DONT ANSWER THAT, ITS NOT IMPORTANT. DID YOU KNOW WE ARE HAVING AN OLYMPICS? GO CHECK IT OUT IN JFF. PLEASE.

THERE ARE CUTE ANIMALS THAT NEED YOUR VOTES. CUTE ANIMALS INCLUDE CLOWNFISH. NEMO IS A CLOWNFISH.

ALSO, I WANT IN TO THE BIKER GANG. BUT JUST LIKE ON A REGULAR BICYCLE. 

WELCOME TO THE GANG. INITIATION INCLUDES SATANIC RITUALS AND ARSON! YAY!

1 minute ago, SleuthArt said:

WELCOME TO THE GANG. INITIATION INCLUDES SATANIC RITUALS AND ARSON! YAY!

EXCELLENT. AND I APPRECIATE YOU STANDING IN SOLIDARITY WITH ME BY BEING SOFTSPOKEN. I WILL BRING MY OWN FRESH GOAT BLOOD AND MY RITUAL CUDDLING "A" GAME. I ALREADY LIT A CANDLE. THAT COUNTS AS ARSON RIGHT?

1 minute ago, Vemmaren said:

EXCELLENT. AND I APPRECIATE YOU STANDING IN SOLIDARITY WITH ME BY BEING SOFTSPOKEN. I WILL BRING MY OWN FRESH GOAT BLOOD AND MY RITUAL CUDDLING "A" GAME. I ALREADY LIT A CANDLE. THAT COUNTS AS ARSON RIGHT?

HAR HAR HAR, I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE, LADDY. AND YES, I SPEAK ONLY WITH THE SOFTNESS OF A THOUSAND DYING SUNS. THE GOAT BLOOD NEEDN'T BE FRESH BUT ALL IS APPRECIATED. IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE'S CANDLE, IT SURE DOES!

Janus the Fox

Fitting for a J.A.N.U.S such as myself :P

Nemosexual is a micro-label under the Black Stripe Asexual umbrella that describes BSAs who have never (to the best of their knowledge) experienced sexual attraction, aka intrinsic sexual desire. Nemos can be aegosexual and have a high or low libido, and the vast majority are sex-averse or sex-neutral (though I am sure sex-favourable nemos probably exist). Nemoromantic is the aro-spec equivalent micro-label and describes ppl who have never felt romantic attraction/intrinsic romantic desire.

Here is the nemo flag --> nemooooo.png

Flag colour meanings:

black - asexuality 

purple - community

white - how nemos intersect with other spectrums/non-cishet identities like the trans spectrum

orange - inspired by the famous fish from Finding Nemo, this colour represents nemosexuality specifically, as in not ever having experienced attraction 

Well, oof, I have apparently grown a lil bored of this, I've run out of steam already lmao (that's how I tend to be, lots and lots of energy into a project until it bores me). So um, this will still be here as a hangout thread for ppl to be in, and black stripe asexual is a formal term, but yeah.. @fishcrow you have the details for the wiki account, which is the same one for the lgbt wiki, so maybe you'd like to do the black stripe asexual page? Okay, now I'm going to hibernate toodles

I mean I have to admit that 'black stripe asexual' sounds cool. Guess I'm one of those too. Although I like 'nopesexual' as well.

but why

now i wanna be in the club

Hey, guys, um hi. (yup) 

So, some ideas I've had.

Ppl seem to really like nopesexual, and @fishcrow suggested nopesexual mean "someone who identifies as having no sexual orientation due to their asexuality"

Praetersexual is the opposite to nemosexual (thoughts?) meaning a black stripe asexual who has experienced sexual attraction in the past

I thought vultusexual could be an a-spec term that relates to the merging of non-sexual attractions, like sensual with aesthetic, sensual with platonic, etc, so that it is difficult to tell these feelings apart? thoughts?

Miransexual - someone who experiences visual sexual attraction but not sexual desire. I saw someone who posted about being sexually visually attracted to ppl but not wanting the actual partnered sex bits, thoughts on that?

Let me know!! I'll keep everybody updated 

Archived