2. 2. Two or more word name semifinalists

• Black Stripe Asexual
    • Asexual Asexual
    • Cake Person
    • J.A.N.U.S. Ace
    • Onyx Ace
    • Nemo Ace
    • Non-Attracted Asexual
    • I am simply going to clarify I am an asexual who never feels sexual attraction

The culling was brutal, folks. Each term needed 2+ votes to continue to round 2. Many brave souls were lost. I gave it about 22-23 hours since I posted the poll, and I'll do the same for this round! It should give the most active members of the community (who are the most concerned with a term) enough time to vote and be awake or whatever. :P

I'll admit I have hedged my bets with nemosexual a little, I've made a flag, I wear it proudly. But, at the same time, it's anybody's game. I hope the nemos bring it home but I'll respect the label for whoever wins. I suppose I can always use nemosexual to mean "never has experienced sexual attraction", and whatever other term we land on could mean "does not experience sexual attraction". (and by sexual attraction I mean intrinsic sexual desire, of course.)

OKAY, so cast your votes. 

Same as last time, the term means:

an asexual who does not experience sexual attraction/intrinsic sexual desire

can masturbate

can fantasise

can have sex for reasons outside of intrinsic desire

can have a low, high, whatever libido

be sex averse, neutral or favourable 

(also, I know @Sarah-Sylviadid a poll with a smaller subset of terms which ppl have also voted on, which is why we're currently going with the name-leader Black Stripe Asexual as the term (since that was the winner in that poll). The non-name winner was just saying asexual and clarifying, so once again that is an option for people, but this poll is just for those who would appreciate the micro label and it's not compulsory or anything!! We'll see who comes out on top!)

A. Sterling

I must say, I would like to have a term which doesn't include the word "sexual" in it, for sex-averse folks. But otherwise, why are we voting on a new name? 

36 minutes ago, A. Sterling said:

I must say, I would like to have a term which doesn't include the word "sexual" in it, for sex-averse folks. But otherwise, why are we voting on a new name? 

the BoD is going to change the definition of asexuality to mean "a person who experiences little or no sexual attraction", so in deference and validation (and there's a bit of disagreement, I'll admit, it's been havoc) of the new description, ppl are making a new definition for asexuals who experience no sexual attraction (not a negligible/fleeting amount).

And I think you mean "sex-repulsed folk", because sex-averse folk are simply ppl repulsed by themselves being in a sexual situation (with someone else) and are okay with others/mentions of sexual contect etc, whereas sex-repulsed folk can be repulsed by sexual things outside of themselves in a sexual situation 

Also I'll add a term that does not include "sexual" in it for sex-repulsed ppl, what term were you thinking? xual? nemoattraction? nullattraction? nixattraction? (and the person who experiences nemoattraction would be a nemoattracted-person?), nonooky, bonkmephobia (bonkmephobic being the person who has bonkmephobia), anticoitusual, lovewithouthemaking (lovewithoutthemaker)

Okay I am getting a bit silly with the end ones but do let me know if one stands out to you!

Still asexual. The BoD can go and find a new name for their thing.

Zimmermikeee
3 minutes ago, SleuthArt said:

the BoD is going to change the definition of asexuality to mean "a person who experiences little or no sexual attraction", so in deference and validation (and there's a bit of disagreement, I'll admit, it's been havoc) of the new description, ppl are making a new definition for asexuals who experience no sexual attraction (not a negligible/fleeting amount).

N there r also ppl who doesn't want the original definition and name of 'asexual' to be changed xD so i bet there r already debates bout this.

2 minutes ago, Zimmermikeee said:

N there r also ppl who doesn't want the original definition and name of 'asexual' to be changed xD so i bet there r already debates bout this.

I did say there's been a "bit of disagreement" xDDD

But I do agree, I wish they'd handled this differently. "little or no" is too vague

Zimmermikeee
Just now, SleuthArt said:

I did say there's been a "bit of disagreement" xDDD

Ohhhhh xD n prolly isn't just 'a bit'

Just now, Zimmermikeee said:

Ohhhhh xD n prolly isn't just 'a bit'

that was the joke aspect of my reply xD I guess tone isn't really sent through text

I'd just personally prefer to have terms that match my experience rather than watch Asexual continue to mean literally anyone.

Black Stripe Asexuals acts as a perfect way to say "I'm the asexual with an asexual orientation"

Nemosexual says "I'm a subset within Black Stripe Asexuals who has never/ doesn't/ won't experience intrinsic sexual desire"

We can have other terms like Nopesexual mean "I am a subset within Black Stripe Asexuals who will never have partnered sex for any reason."

And maybe another one for "I wish I didn't have genitals at all."

Janus the Fox

There’s fans still for the J.A.N.U.S cult even at the second round :P

YourePerfect
52 minutes ago, Janus DarkFox said:

There’s fans still for the J.A.N.U.S cult even at the second round :P

When I saw J.A.N.U.S. ace, I thought about you :D

Onyx sexual sounds like a mysteriously beautiful label, though I wouldn't use it to describe myself.

Archived