I started playing Stardew Valley

catkid

3 minutes ago, AJ 0688 said:

Darn I best start saving for that kitchen!

The kitchen is worth the cost, especially later in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Kent just sent me a quest to get him a JoJa Cola for him???? Dude where are your legs? The saloon has a whole vending machine get it yourseeeeellllffff!!

On 5/22/2021 at 5:30 PM, AJ 0688 said:

The saloon has a whole vending machine get it yourseeeeellllffff!!

Consider it an easy way to get friendship points. Plus, it's Kent. The dude has been through a lot. I wish Concerned Ape would flesh out Kent's story a bit more.

Omg Shane!! 😢 Poor guy. Sadly can connect to this on a seriously personal level. Depression is horrible. So much harder to deal with when you feel you can't ask for help 😞

@AJ 0688 Yep. Shane is possibly the character with the strongest story arc in the game in the game. The best thing Concerned Ape did is not provide a final resolution. Shane is still a bit of a jerk and still has issues, but now he has a chance at a better future and a chance to continue his redemption.

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea slimes could fall in love and have babies....until last night when I went monster hunting in the mines. I felt kind of bad slaying a family of slimes T_T baby one was so tiny

You can breed slimes, too.  If they never had babies, that wouldn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I have probably asked this before but my chickens aren't laying any eggs and I'm not sure why? Does anyone here know why in the game chickens will stop laying eggs?

The most I'll get is one I don't get it

38 minutes ago, AJ 0688 said:

Guys I have probably asked this before but my chickens aren't laying any eggs and I'm not sure why? Does anyone here know why in the game chickens will stop laying eggs?

Have you fed them recently?  They have to be fed or let outside to scratch for their own food if you want them to lay.  If it's rainy or in winter, they can't forage for themselves and you need to give them hay even if they have access to the outdoors.  Their happiness level affects the number and size of eggs as well, but I don't remember the details.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:34 PM, AJ 0688 said:

As @ElloryJaye said, check on your silo and see how much hay is there, and make sure you're feeding them every morning. The other thing that might be an issue is if you're currently in winter and you don't have a heater for your coop. It reduces their happiness which in turn reduces their egg quality and production.

Sadly don't have a silo yet working on getting the money and materials but yeah u feed them everyday and make sure to open the coop up when I go in to feed them. Same with the cows but still only one eggs. I think my hens might be on strike!!

@AJ 0688 Do you pet the chickens every day. The animals like attention. I usually do this before opening the coop every morning. If you are in spring/summer/autumn, buy/make some grass starter and plant it near the coop. If the chickens have access to grass, you do not need to feed them everyday. Other than than, I suggest making certain that you are placing the food in the food trough. And how much hay are you placing in the trough? Make sure it is enough for all the chickens. If one is happy but the others are not, this may be your problem.

The spoiler contains the ways to earn/lose friendship points with chickens (and how much is earned/lost).

Spoiler

Petting +15 per day (+30 with the appropriate perks)

Eating grass outside +8 per day

Not fed -30, calculated at the end of the day

Trapped outside overnight -20, calculated at the end of the day

Not petted -5 to -10, calculated end day by this formula: 10 - (Current Friendship/200). This means that the higher your friendship level with the chicken, the less points you will lose by not petting them

Honestly, a fence is a bit overrated--at least earlier in the game. The animals will eat all that grass growing like mad around the farm, just make certain all the chickens are in the coop before closing the door. I usually do not bother with a fence until I have at least one barn and one coop, both full of animals (the sheer number of animals becomes too much of a hassle when you try to keep tabs on them). When that happens, I try to make the fenced-in area large enough to feed the animals for a full season. Then, when a new season begins, I plant some grass starter and leave the animals in their barns/coops for a few days to let the grass spread. Oh, and I never bother with actual fences, using tea saplings plus a gate creates a more profitable barrier.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing with a friend group, and we've developed some nicknames for things in the game. Here are some translateable ones (we also got a bunch of other ones that are hard to translate from Finnish to English):

Elliott is "Beach Fabio"
Shane is "Regular Finnish Guy"
Adventurer's Guild is "Funny Old Guys' Club" (I also have a personal choice of "Big Kids' Club")
The Mines and Skull Cavern are called "Midden" and "Skull Midden" respectively

Archived