Questioning and Confusion

Scribble

Hey! I'm Aly (afab)!

Starting off, for the past ~2 months now I've gotten more into learning about what it means to be non-binary and what it means for others. During this time I've searched high and low, and really started questioning my gender..

Ever since I can remember I've had a disliking for my chest and always wanted it to be flat. This hasn't changed. (I find that sometimes when changing or showering I ignore my chest and try to pretend it doesn't exist..Which might..Sound sort of strange.. Noticing my chest makes me feel weird..) The idea of top surgery never felt like a good idea as I'm not one for pain..On the other hand, binding doesn't sound too bad- (but I don't have the funds currently..) I've always felt off in a way when called a lady, woman, ma'am, girl (sometimes*). I don't quite like it. I've always had the thought that it's just because I don't like being reminded that I'm no longer a child. I have no noticable issues with my lower half, though I do have a distaste towards my hips/curves..

I haven't allowed myself the chance to try out they/them pronouns with others yet as I'm timid that I'll be seen as someone trying to garner attention.

I've always seemed to have a "that's me, huh." "I'm a female. A girl." type thoughts whenever people use she/her pronouns for me. I know that I don't quite prefer he/him pronouns too much.

I've always felt funny wearing dresses, I felt like I looked presentable and nice..But not me in a way I guess.. 

I also have a feminine sounding name, which I don't mind my name as I've never really felt it fit a specific gender.. It was just me, not a gender..if that makes sense..

Has anyone else have similar thoughts/feelings? Am I just overthinking things? 

theCreepyInUrPasta

I haven't had similar thought but I think I get you situation, your not over thinking it either. maybe to try out them/they pronouns you could change your pronouns on here and see if you are comfortable with people calling you be them/they pronouns in here then you could slowly start getting people to call you by those pronouns out and about like you could ask a few close friends at first.

I do have similar feelings, but given that I'm amab they are a bit different.. I agree with @AceAroCreepypastaWolfThing's suggestion. Trying out they/them pronouns here could be a great way to see if you wish to use them in your day to day life with family and friends. Also, you're not overthinking things, all of your thoughts matter, especially thoughts like these. 

I know that I can't see myself using they/them pronouns because of where I live. Here where I am you're either male or female, there is no in-between. I have never met anyone in my life (that I know of) who uses pronouns that don't align to their biological sex.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! (:

6 hours ago, AceAroCreepypastaWolfThing said:

I haven't had similar thought but I think I get you situation, your not over thinking it either. maybe to try out them/they pronouns you could change your pronouns on here and see if you are comfortable with people calling you be them/they pronouns in here then you could slowly start getting people to call you by those pronouns out and about like you could ask a few close friends at first.

I'll see about trying that out then.. Thank you for replying! 😊

1 hour ago, flatulence said:

I do have similar feelings, but given that I'm amab they are a bit different.. I agree with @AceAroCreepypastaWolfThing's suggestion. Trying out they/them pronouns here could be a great way to see if you wish to use them in your day to day life with family and friends. Also, you're not overthinking things, all of your thoughts matter, especially thoughts like these. 

I know that I can't see myself using they/them pronouns because of where I live. Here where I am you're either male or female, there is no in-between. I have never met anyone in my life (that I know of) who uses pronouns that don't align to their biological sex.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! (:

Thank you so much for your comment! It's always nice to know that you're never alone with something.. I've personally met quite a few non-binary people which opened my eyes to something new which I never really knew about. I knew of the word 'non-binary' but unfortunately didn't quite know its meaning. I find that I can relate to other's experiences, but at the same time- it just feels like I'm looking for something to 'fit into a group' or in other words just trying to be 'fake'. 

22 hours ago, Scribble said:

it just feels like I'm looking for something to 'fit into a group' or in other words just trying to be 'fake'. 

nonono!! You seem like such a nice person!! How you feel is completely valid. You seem like the most un-fakest person everrr!! You're definitely not trying to fit into a group if you're just being true to yourself and how you feel. ❤️🙂 

much love, flatulence.

Archived