Intimate in other ways?

ChrissyBunny

I have been doing a bit of research and the phrase "intimate in other ways" comes up a lot. I was just wondering if anyone has any examples because this seems a bit vague to me (maybe I am just being dumb).

Shortass Lady

The phrase probably means 'intimate in other ways apart from sex'. Examples of this could be through conversation, or other forms of physical contact such as cuddling. Basically it'd be anything that makes you and another person feel close and bonded with one another.

What Shortass Lady said, anything that feels close.

Some wide-ranging examples: hugs, kisses, glances, massages, cuddling, boko maru, dancing, compliments, gifts, notes, in-jokes, confidances, deep conversations, sitting together without needing to talk, being serious together, being silly together, laughing, cooking for each other, doing each other favors, leaving enough hot water for a long shower.

And, most importantly, saving the last piece of cake.

haha, I was wondering if people were actually going to read the whole list ;)

Well, it's a Bokonist religious ritual for the mingling of the souls, outlawed on the island of San Lorenz. . .

um. It's from a Kurt Vonnegut Jr book, Cat's Cradle. Two people touch the soles of their feet and feel some spiritual unity. It's asexual lovemaking, basically, in contrast to sex.

The protagonist's love interest is an asexual Bokononist, so there's some interesting exploration of sex.

haha, I was wondering if people were actually going to read the whole list ;)

Well, it's a Bokonist religious ritual for the mingling of the souls, outlawed on the island of San Lorenz. . .

um. It's from a Kurt Vonnegut Jr book, Cat's Cradle. Two people touch the soles of their feet and feel some spiritual unity. It's asexual lovemaking, basically, in contrast to sex.

The protagonist's love interest is an asexual Bokononist, so there's some interesting exploration of sex.

:shock:

You could make a boko maru kama sutra!

*gets inspired*

hee! "For this position you need a sturdy chair, a feather, and neatly trimmed toenails. . ."

"...and a reasonable degree of hip flexibility helps with most positions in this book..." ;)

Ha ha! I just barely finished that book--and. . . uh. . .the asexual significance was totally lost on me until you said that. :D

I am an idiot.

Archived