What would you do if you had no income?

Asexy51

I would put my last money into a gym membership so I can still shower and have a warm place. Find a place with Wifi so I can still program/publish code and interact on LinkedIn to try and get a job.

Daydreaming_again

I’m reading a non-fic book called The Salt Path, which I totally recommend - the author and her husband were made homeless suddenly, and they decided to walk a coastal trail and wild camp with little to no income, and it sounds really tough. I definitely couldn’t live like that for long, especially with U.K. weather!

• 2 weeks later...

Why would I need cousins specifically in this scenario?

• 2 months later...
AshenPhoenix

Live under a bridge and charge local goats tolls for food.

SorryNotSorry

Barter, duh.

Lord Jade Cross

Probably off myself as there really wouldn't be much of a point to struggle to get back on the treadmill of struggling to get by to keep struggling.

Besides, no one's going to second guess the idea that a person who's suddenly lost everything would not have a moment of desperation that led to suicide.

On 1/21/2020 at 6:09 AM, Asexy51 said:

Lets say you live alone and have no cousins, you suddenly lose your job and become homeless. Do you prostitute, steal, beg, become someones slave?

I'd have to have no income for a long ass time to become homeless... so do my friggin best to find another job before that happens (or if I can't find one, do something on a self-employed basis)

That scenario also only stipulates no cousins, so, you know, move in with other family? :D

Certainly no prostitution or slavery. And I'd imagine shoplifting before begging, to run with your scenario. (But again, that's a very limited pool of options you pose there - so more realistically: "None of the above" :D)

J. van Deijck

Social service for a place to live, then looking for a job. That would be an option for me.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:17 AM, Asexy51 said:

People here are very closed minded and judgemental, restrictful and resentful, i doubt it anyone would let me just use their work space to sleep in there. I dont even wanna try and ask cause i know the response will be rejection.

Worth a shot, I know two cases of people living at their job (both were warehouse workers).

Thankfully, I have an income as I am still in work and I work for a pharmaceuticals and oversee sales of products.  I wrote on here earlier that I'd rent out my flat for spare income but with this situation we are in, I don't think this will really work as a lot of people in London have moved to their parents or family homes and very few people will be looking for a flat to rent. So my idea which I mentioned in January isn't gonna work! Just goes to show what a horrible situation we are all in, eh?

I'm physically fit and so I'd look to get any job, be it in a supermarket or fruit-picking. That's what I would do now if I had no income!

Archived