re: AVEN MOVIE! (Sorta)

spinneret

(a response to AVENguy's PT post about making a podcast and flash movie of his lecture at U of Delaware)

The flash powerpoint movie sounds fantastically useful to me.

I don't suppose it's the sort of job you could relegate to someone else, is it? So if you don't have time for it now, it's definitely something to keep on the back burner.

In the meantime, even just slapping on a (CC) and uploading the .ppt for us to steal and modify would be nifty.

Anyone else have a opinion?

FlightofFantasy

Anyone could make a documentary about asexuality. All you need is a video camera and the will to do it. I am studying Video Production in school and I am doing an essay on it in English/Psychology, so I could do more research, get together with other asexuals and talk with them, interview myself, even talk with gay or straight people to get their opinion and educate people on asexuality. You could go in so many directions with this! AVEN has been so good for me, it is really motivating me to get out there and try new things, and explore sexuality in general. I am getting way excited about this! And people could also organize events, like "A" Pride, like they have Gay Pride stuff. I also want to buy some merch to show people the asexual movement, where they might have never heard of it before. GET OUT THERE!

the ppt would be incredibly useful for a lot of us as well. I for one would be happy to use it wherever I could. Wolfie, like you, I am also excited about finally getting to explore sexuality in general without fear. I am extraordinarily eager to help where I can.

I already pmed DJ about maybe hosting the "snazzier" video on Youtube, with a linkie being a sticky thread somewhere, or even better - on the front page. The idea also came to me that maybe someone with their own webpage (just for example, TripleA or KE6WNH, or other people who have used their webpage before to help or host things publically) could host the ppt presentation as it's not too much of a bandwidth hog and something someone could do to help the site, at least until the server switch is done.

Youtube has a limit on video length, we'd have to break it up into smaller videos which may/may not be a good idea. (The lecture has different sections, maybe an asex 101 bit, a middle bit and a relationships bit? They kinda build on one another though.) Otherwise there are a couple of different off-site hosting providers that might work.

An actual documentary with interviews would be even more fantastic, I'm just thinking of an Al Gore type thing that we can use for education purposes.

Does anyone besides me know Flash?

I need. This. Movie. :)

And anything else that could possibly spice up my presentations with some fresh insights and some apt comments. So what could I do to help out and make it faster?

I know Flash and though I dont have the software I know, where I could get it.

Also I have a webspace for the AVENde online shop, which is not at all used: http://www.avende-shop.de . If it would be of help and if someone could tell me, how to set up a movie there, I would more than gladly make the ressources available to you.

I know basic Flash, though I haven't used it in years and I'd have to 'brush up" on it. I did a interesting intro for a website I was into a long time ago. I have it on my computer and can email it to you, Avenguy, if you wanna see how far my talent went to.

Go ahead and send it over, we'd need some transitions. Ideally the snazzier the better. (Having different slide elements fly in independently rather than just having the slides come up.) Do you think you'd have time?

Archived