• Never! Hail Satan!
    • Other (explain)
  2. 2. Bonus question: How do you usually dry your clothes

• Dryer/“tumble dryer”
    • Clothesline/air dry
    • Other (explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

Inspired by conversation in Sexual Q&A

usually every other day to a few times per week. i tumble dry everything despite being told that it wears out clothes much faster

I usually do a daily load of laundry and I use the dryer for everything except very delicate items of clothing such as a nice dress shirt. I never knew hang drying was so common in other countries (outside the US) but I hate the scratchy feeling it leaves and it takes forever.

Once a week, and I use a dryer. I used to air dry my clothes by hanging them up in my bathroom to save money but that became too much of a pain.

Used to leave it all to the weekend - that ended up taking up too much of my time. Felt like an all-day chore. 

Now, little & often. Works well with air-drying. ^_^

Usually once a week on my main wash. 

Though the last two weeks, I did 2. 2 weeks ago I did my normal wash and then I did my work shirt wash. They take more care as I have to apply stain remover to collar and shirt sleeves. 

This week I did a second wash for my blankets, which are wool and need to wash separately to the rest of it otherwise I am picking strands of wool from them. 

I have an airer, clothesline and also I have radiators too for drying

15 minutes ago, iff said:

Usually once a week on my main wash. 

Though the last two weeks, I did 2. 2 weeks ago I did my normal wash and then I did my work shirt wash. They take more care as I have to apply stain remover to collar and shirt sleeves. 

This week I did a second wash for my blankets, which are wool and need to wash separately to the rest of it otherwise I am picking strands of wool from them. 

I have an airer, clothesline and also I have radiators too for drying

Main wash? Airer?

I do two or three loads of more delicate clothes that I hang to dry (indoors) every three weeks, sometimes four depending on circumstances. I do three or four loads of things I put in the dryer every two weeks (socks, underwear, tights, camisoles, towels, mats, sheets, blankets).

Rare Aztec Whstling Chickn

Usually once a week, sometimes 2 weeks, depending on how long it takes to get enough of a pile of dirty clothes, which could depend on what I'm doing at the time.

27 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

Main wash? Airer?

Main wash is the non-work clothes wash

Airer is

H17Z3Jj.jpg

Laundry every week.

Bedding included with laundry every other week.

Tumble dry delicates, shirts, dresses, and pants for 7 minutes then let air dry on folding rack.

Tumble dry towels, bedding, socks, and under garments on low until dry.

Whenever the hamper fills or a necessary article of clothing runs out.  Roughly weekly.

I tend to reuse shorts/pants, but not underwear or shirts; mine tend to get too sweaty/icky to reuse.  (Shirts I can understand people reusing, but is it ever really considered kosher to reuse underwear, though?  Kinda feel like it's not...)  I'm pretty much perpetually hot whenever I'm fully clothed. 😧

We have a dryer.  Screw clotheslines

14 minutes ago, iff said:

Main wash is the non-work clothes wash

Airer is

H17Z3Jj.jpg

Ohhh my husband calls that a clothes horse.

I reuse pants and sweaters/outer layers and bras (provided they smell okay). It helps that I don't work in a uniform or scrubs or whatever. Also, this habit developed when I lived in an apartment with paid laundry facilities, so it was less convenient. I can do laundry whenever now, but I usually stick with a pattern. 

Weekly, as my clothes usage is one tub a week near enough, and a second tub for bedding, towels etc. Line dry outside of possible, or indoor airer and radiators in winter. Whilst I have a washer/dryer I've never used the dryer function in a decade 

everywhere and nowhere

I have to wash my clothes rather often because I only have four white and four black bras. My laundry generally falls into a few categories:

1. Underwear - includes all panties (I only wear large, well--covering, 100% cotton panties in light colours), white vests (undershirts), white gloves (used at home when my hands itch), in the winter also long johns (even though I'm female, I prefer men's long johns to pantyhose because they contain 100% cotton. Through a family member who works in the army, I managed to acquire three pairs of white military long johns*).

2. "Medium" - includes white bras and all clothes in not too dark colours such as light blue, light green, gray, yellow etc. Almost all my outdoor shirts, tunics, robes etc. are not monochromatic, but anyway they can be divided easily into categories**.

3. "Dark" - includes black bras and vests and all clothes in darker colours such as dark blue, black, brown, red etc.

4. Bed linen and towels.

5. Other - blankets, tableclothes, curtains, jackets, also tie-dye T-shirts (they don't damage each other when washed together, but I wouldn't risk washing them with other dark clothes).

*Recently I also managed to "order" another military item from him: a set of cutlery with a spork.

**It only included one memorable mistake. As mentioned in point 3, red falls into category "dark". I used to have a red shawl which probably hadn't been washed before. The colour would bleed to an unimaginable degree... this single shawl turned a pair of blue jeans permanently purple and made a very nice gray kerchief with flower pattern unuseable because it looked really bad. The laundry also included a black bag with whitish string, used to protect some pieces of delicate laundry... that was 16 years ago and the string is still red. 😮

everywhere and nowhere
12 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

@Nowhere Girl do you wash your bras after every wear? 😱

I do, why wouldn't I?

I wear sport-type bras and have very sagging boobs (they were sagging already when I was 20 years old), so they're relatively sweaty. :(

1 minute ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I do, why wouldn't I?

I just didn’t know anyone did that is all.

Um, when I run out of underwear 😉 Which works out to about every week. Throw in the bedding irregularly, whenever (though I wash the pillow case weekly). I wasn't raised to air dry anything, so tumble dry it is.

11 minutes ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

I just didn’t know anyone did that is all.

I wash mine after every wear. Otherwise, mine smell sweaty. Not all qualify for the torture of the dryer, though.

Idk what I'm doing wrong, but I wind up doing laundry just about every day. Wash everything we wear after one wear. Wash bedding once a week.

Back when it was just me, it was only 1-2 times a week, though.

I never use the tumble dryer for my clothes, because it causes them to wear out much more quickly than they otherwise would, and I like my clothes to last as long as possible. The tumble dryer is useful for towels, but that is about all I use it for.

For my clothes, I have one of those plug in electric drying racks. They have a cover made out of fabric which completely encloses it, and the rails heat up, creating an area of warm air. I think they are absolutely brilliant; they cost a pittance in electricity costs compared with a tumble dryer, and they do not damage or crease clothes.

RoseGoesToYale

Once a month, rarely twice, reason being that I live in an apartment and doing laundry is expensive. It costs $1.75 for a (small, not like normal privately owned washers) load of laundry. If I washed clothes every week that'd be $91 a year. Hell no. Also the dryers cost that much and don't work, so I rack dry all my clothes in my apartment.

I do my laundry whenever the basket is halfway-totally full, so that can be anywhere between 1-3 times a week.

I put most of my clothes through the dryer, but the higher end clothes, plushies, or the more delicate clothes (including concert tees!!) I let them air dry across my bed/chair/etc. One time my dryer ripped one of my bras in half (idk either... don't ask lol) and ever since then I have been careful to airdry the bras too.

1 hour ago, Ortac said:

For my clothes, I have one of those plug in electric drying racks. They have a cover made out of fabric which completely encloses it, and the rails heat up, creating an area of warm air. I think they are absolutely brilliant; they cost a pittance in electricity costs compared with a tumble dryer, and they do not damage or crease clothes.

I need to get one of those!

nutterwithasolderingiron

few times a week. as for drying, i dry everything over the doors or heaters in my flat. 

I do a load of laundry whenever I have enough to make it worthwhile. So timing varies, depending on different factors. I also usually end up doing a load of laundry whenever I get back home from being away. I use a dryer to dry most things. Gets a bit damp here to just hang things to dry (indoors or out).

Archived