ED times India — Is LGBTQ Community Not Being Hypocritical By Making Asexuals Feel Left Out?

Homer

It might be hard to believe but asexuals in the LGBTQ community are oftentimes discriminated and not included in it. 

The LGBTQ community has had a hard and difficult time in raising awareness about different types of sexualities, with the gay, lesbian and trans community being the most vocal in making sure that equal rights are given to them. 

June 21 —  https://edtimes.in/is-lgbtq-community-not-being-hypocritical-by-making-asexuals-feel-left-out/

I feel like this article might have been stronger if it had included the fact that Dan Savage has gradually changed his stance on asexuality since then. (Not only would saying "Hey, even this guy thinks it's valid now!" be an example of the asexual journey towards inclusion, but it would flesh out the piece a bit. As it is, the article feels too short and ends abruptly.)

Could be possible that the article does not want to take sides that much, hence the "abruption".

It's good to see a writer from my country talk about asexuality. I personally have no stance regarding the community's stand on asexuality inclusion. It seems the conflict has been going on forever. 

PastelBread

It is sad to see that this does happen. :( I have had so many people tell me asexuals are not LGBTQIA and it makes me upset. 

It does seem hypocritical that some exclude aces.

Archived