Soundtracks from movies and video games

Feryn_Hyte
On 7/6/2019 at 10:34 PM, UnderworldFan1988 said:

When you beat the game you realize what the name of the song means and it's surreal. 

@UnderworldFan1988 this whole soundtrack is great! I really love the city ruins theme especially!

Hylethilei

7 hours ago, Feryn_Hyte said:

@UnderworldFan1988 this whole soundtrack is great! I really love the city ruins theme especially!

Right on! Love Nier!!!

• 1 month later...
thequietplace

Ah love pretty much anything by Mr Zimmer, that man is amazing! Also the remake of the bjork song which is currently haunting me from the new Terminator Dark Fate trailer -

Also recently discovered audio machine, not soundtracks per se, but sooo could be, great stuff!

• 3 weeks later...
Twisted Tempest

This track is powerful to me. It plays during a fight between two brothers, brothers that grew up together, brothers that were inseparable. When one of them falls from grace, both of their worlds fall apart. One becomes ruthless and twisted; a husk of his kind and caring, funloving and out going former self. The other simply wants his old brother back, but knows that as much as he wants things to go back to normal, the man he once knew is gone, and beyond saving. 

I apologize for the long winded post. I simply think the story behind this track and its use in the scene is masterfully done. 

Skyrim

Life is Strange

Any Fallout game

Scott Pilgrim

Digimon the Movie

Suck: The Movie

...are some of the ones I really liked.

• 3 weeks later...
DarkStormyKnight

The World Ends With You game has a poppin soundtrack.

And I could listen to the How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack all day.

I loved the Undertale soundtrack so much, I have it on my MP3 and use Heartache as my (rarely used) ringtone. I'm also a big fan of Dearly Beloved from Kingdom Hearts; and Turnabout Sisters Ballad from Ace Attorney. 

Also, FFIX has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.... 

So...I may be here a whole lot because I have a ton of soundtracks that I absolutely love and would want to share them, but for now, I I am only going to share two, both are from the Leon soundtrack by Eric Serra

@Blaiddmelyn It's funny you posted that song from Final Fantasy 9. I haven't played the game yet, but I've listened to that one a few times already recently. I like that one as well as Suteki Da Ne from FF10.

A Bird in New York

&

She is Dead

Both are short but have a massive impact and represent the movie pretty well.

Not really either, but the sound track that Griffin McElroy made for The Adventure Zone, I can’t get enough of it.

Some, but not all of the video game soundtracks I like best:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This one appears in games but I know it from an anime:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
Twisted Tempest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bYmjJK00XA

Huge fan of Rik Schaffer's soundtrack to VtM: Bloodlines. Really in general, from the music to the characters to the narratives, one of the most cohesive atmospheres of any RPG I've played. 

Twisted Tempest

Genuinely beautiful. 

Sneaky Snek 🐍

Skyrim is definitely one of my go-tos! I actually listen to it while I'm working to help pass the time! I would say the soundtracks to MegaMan Battle Network 2 and 3 are up there for me as well. The nostalgia is real. 😊😅

I absolutely love game soundtracks and think they are highly underrated. I play the violin and have for about 4 years and my favorite violinist is Lindsey Stirling 💜 she does a lot of game covers, in particular, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo and Zelda 😊, they are amazing so be sure to youtube her. I learned a bit of Assassin's myself, was so beautiful.

Your comment reminded me of this soundtrack:

1 minute ago, argar said:

Your comment reminded me of this soundtrack:

Eeek! I love Taylor Davis as well! She does a beautiful cover from the movie Moana as well (I shamelessly love animated movies), which reminds me, I forgot to mention the How To Train Your Dragon movie soundtracks are absolutely amazing. I find myself lost in them on my drives home from work 😊 Haven't heard this particular Taylor Davis though so I will have a listen, ty!

One of my favourite soundtracks from one of my favourite films

Janus the Fox

smellincoffee

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the jazz pieces in SimCity 3000 and in The Sims: Hot Date. Maxis' music people knew what they were doing back then!

One of the jazz pieces from Hot Date

Easily one of the most memorable pieces I've ever heard, though, comes from Star Wars Republic Commando:

But I have to mention something from Red Dead Redemption 2, sooooo I'm going to go with "A Quiet Time", because it's the funnest and funniest section of the entire game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Twisted Tempest

Gotta say, fighting through the insane fans at a murder circus, to make it to centre stage only to come face to face with a giant death robot controlled by Penn and Teller themselves is one of the better moments in gaming to my recent memory. 

Archived