Game of Thrones! [spoilers, probably]

Wikkit

The theory I've heard is that all the writers who made Seasons 1-4 great were hired away to make super-hero movies. I can neither prove nor disprove that.

ALRIGHT GUYS WHO HAS THOUGHTS ON THAT EPISODE? 

Well, I don't mind the endings themselves but rather the execution... Feels kinda anti- climactic? It's boring; episode 5 remains my favourite of season 8... Yay, I guess... Considering that it's everyone's least favourite episode. XD

Spoiler

Loved:

Good Bois
#1 Drogon- Instead of killing Jon, he destroyed the Iron Throne. It is like he knows. He knows that it was the corrupting power of the Iron Throne that led to Daenerys' downfall. Smart dragon. :3 (The sound technician and CGI team did a really good job on him... He was wailing, and I felt it! T_T)

#2 Ghost- Aww, it is a foreshadow! The lack of a pat from episode 4 that is lmao! They're saving the CGI dog budget for this one. Poor doggy lost an ear, but it's ok-- Jon is back to give Ghost plenty of good boi pats. :3

Sansa, Queen of da Norf
Started from the bottom, now we're here! All hail the Queen of the North!

Tyrion
Only when he threw his (hand) pin away lmao! That was so satisfying to see. Great cinematography for a small scene that probably not many will care too much about, but I loved that attention to detail!

Hated:

Bran, the Broken

First of all, what is with the name? I feel offended in a funny way... Almost?? Secondly, he does close to nothing this whole show and this is his pay off?? I'm not shocked because I saw the leaks, and have been making plenty of possibly offensive sitting jokes to anyone who gets it-- but now that it has sinked in... I was hoping at least to have his eyes turn blue! THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN EPIC!

(The general mood and pace of the episode)
It seems like a lack of energy almost and like I've mentioned, anti- climactic. I knew Jon was going to kill Dany, but was like... Is he really going to do it now? There's no setup (something like Arya and the Night King) zzz... And everyone just seems like they're not really upset at all lol! I was expecting Greyworm to go mad or something, but he seemed resigned to his fate. That speech from Davos was enough to placate everyone?? Amazing! Maybe he should have been king instead of Bran? Maybe he should have given that speech a long time ago? IDK I'M ALSO FEELING A LACK OF ENERGY!

OK THAT IS ALL. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY REVIEW. I MIGHT WRITE SOMETHING MORE PROPER AFTER REWATCHING, BUT I'M NOT SURE IF I WANT TO. I DON'T HATE SEASON 8, BUT IT'S OVERALL MEDIOCRE COMPARED TO THE EARLIER SEASONS WHEN I WAS CRYING AND SCREAMING A LOT... NOW IT'S JUST A BIG FAT MEH. IF ANYTHING, I FEEL LIKE READING THE BOOKS NOW TO SEE HOW ALL OF THIS EXPAND TO THE INEVITABLE END.

Shiloh_Rose

It felt disappointing. It felt like when I tried reading Twilight again a few years back(but some years after I'd first read it) and I just couldn't because the writing felt... not polished? I couldn't get into it? Was hard to read? Bad at explaining. : p but that's what it was, imo. Very unsatisfying. Even if it had turned out differently-like bad ending mention below-if it had... better writing??? it would have felt more satisfying. But it was just... 'oh.' Lots of time-skip sort of things but it didn't feel natural, somehow, the... cuts? Or how they were in the past, it was just suddenly! x amount of time. Suddenly! this. It felt weird.
I'm glad it wasn't a 'bad ending' though, because that's what I thought it would be,

Spoiler

thought maybe drogon would come back and burn everything in fire and blood. : p like he did with the city, but with the whole continent or something. Personally I thought he did understand, and that he melted the iron throne because 'if my queen can't have it, no one can'. But yours also makes sense!
And yeah. I was definitely not expecting bran. honestly anyone but him. because he's the three-eyed raven and not really bran anymore, and stuff like that.

and with Dany, I dunno. It felt. How she acted in the scenes with jon before he killed her, and the shots and the lighting and atmosphere or. like everything I've said above with the whole episode, just kind of 'weird' and 'off' and like it didn't fit. Like maybe it was building up to this but it didn't feel quite right or real or. ugh. aksd;jfda words.

@Stralen A+ for the good bois! And I agree completely, the CGI team were particularly amazing in that one shot. My heart broke. Which is pretty impressive considering how I had an inkling the main action of the scene was going to happen and assumed I'd feel nothing XD

If only they'd done something similar a lot earlier...

@Shiloh_Rose I don't know about you but I definitely felt that was a consequence of not having enough time to explore it properly. Like, I could see it happening and working that way (with her being totally blind to the mood of the room), but it didn't quite feel earned. A bit more of a stretched out buildup would have helped. But that's a fault with the season as a whole. 6 WAS NOT ENOUGH 😭

I feel that Episode 4 was the weakest episode in the entire series. The ending was...well it was kind of meh. I hope the ending for the books is entirely different and better. I think this whole thing was to set up the spin-offs.

Archived