Sign in to follow this  
alto

I want him to be my zuchinni...

alto

So there's this guy out there that I don't really think I have a chance with.  I still really like him though...and I would like him to be my zucchini (I'm aro).  He knows nothing about aro discourse, or about the concept of zucchinis, or anything like that.  I don't even know him that well.  I just really really like him based on the YouTube videos he's put up (he's something of a YouTube star).  He's always so interesting and thought-provoking.  I sent him an email just now...he mentioned in a video that he always responds to his emails and takes it very seriously.  So I am hopeful of a reply.  I should mention that he has a girlfriend.

I would like to reiterate that I am not romantically interested in this man.  It's a squish, not a crush.

Tunes

Good luck. :cake: 

RiddleMeThisTom

I also wish you good luck! 🌻

Gizamaluke

I also have never heard of the concept of a zucchini, what is it?

• Like 1

Tunes
1 hour ago, Gizamaluke said:

I also have never heard of the concept of a zucchini, what is it?

It's the term for a partner in a QPR (quasiplatonic relationship - basically a platonic form of a romantic relationship/marriage, culturally speaking). 

• Like 2

Gizamaluke
13 minutes ago, Tunes said:

It's the term for a partner in a QPR (quasiplatonic relationship - basically a platonic form of a romantic relationship/marriage, culturally speaking). 

Oh cool, I was thinking along those lines but couldn't be sure. Also if it was a British relationship it wouldn't be zucchini it'd be courgette.

• Like 1

alto

Update:  I emailed him last night about the content of one of his videos.  Specifically, Zen Sickness.  I mentioned that a similar phenomenon often occurs among practitioners of Deep Tissue Massage, when they are learning the ropes.  He emailed me back, and gave me a pretty positive reply.  Said he wasn't surprised in the least, and mentioned that the Zen Master Dogen said that the mind is not seperate from the body.

Awesome sauce.

• Like 1

kaysir

If he has a girlfriend, I would not recommend breaching the topic of a QPR unless he has expressed availablity outside of that relationship. However, I do wish you luck in becoming friends and if a QPR were to develop I think it would be much more appropriate than striving for a QPR from the beginning.

• Like 1