I want him to be my zuchinni...

alto

So there's this guy out there that I don't really think I have a chance with.  I still really like him though...and I would like him to be my zucchini (I'm aro).  He knows nothing about aro discourse, or about the concept of zucchinis, or anything like that.  I don't even know him that well.  I just really really like him based on the YouTube videos he's put up (he's something of a YouTube star).  He's always so interesting and thought-provoking.  I sent him an email just now...he mentioned in a video that he always responds to his emails and takes it very seriously.  So I am hopeful of a reply.  I should mention that he has a girlfriend.

I would like to reiterate that I am not romantically interested in this man.  It's a squish, not a crush.

I also have never heard of the concept of a zucchini, what is it?

1 hour ago, Gizamaluke said:

I also have never heard of the concept of a zucchini, what is it?

It's the term for a partner in a QPR (quasiplatonic relationship - basically a platonic form of a romantic relationship/marriage, culturally speaking). 

13 minutes ago, Tunes said:

It's the term for a partner in a QPR (quasiplatonic relationship - basically a platonic form of a romantic relationship/marriage, culturally speaking). 

Oh cool, I was thinking along those lines but couldn't be sure. Also if it was a British relationship it wouldn't be zucchini it'd be courgette.

Update:  I emailed him last night about the content of one of his videos.  Specifically, Zen Sickness.  I mentioned that a similar phenomenon often occurs among practitioners of Deep Tissue Massage, when they are learning the ropes.  He emailed me back, and gave me a pretty positive reply.  Said he wasn't surprised in the least, and mentioned that the Zen Master Dogen said that the mind is not seperate from the body.

Awesome sauce.

If he has a girlfriend, I would not recommend breaching the topic of a QPR unless he has expressed availablity outside of that relationship. However, I do wish you luck in becoming friends and if a QPR were to develop I think it would be much more appropriate than striving for a QPR from the beginning.

Archived