What supernatural creature and why?

3 hours ago, Nancy Esther said:

A demon of some kind. I don't know why but there's this draw towards the dark for me. Although, to be honest, I don't necessarily believe I would have to be bad to be a demon. But obviously, me being chaotic evil would definitely play a part in it.

The Japanese have a term that roughly translates to demon (yokai) but it refers to any alignment of supernatural being. Personally, I think this view makes more sense that anything demonic being automatically evil.

7 hours ago, Spotastic said:

The Japanese have a term that roughly translates to demon (yokai) but it refers to any alignment of supernatural being. Personally, I think this view makes more sense that anything demonic being automatically evil.

I like that. Because I might do some not like evil but maybe not always good things but I don't think I'd want to cause harm and suffering. Like if I had supernatural powers I might occasionally use them to pull pranks. Like everyone goes to Walmart and for a few hours whenever they pick up ice cream everything is cool until they get home and find out it has turned into a ham. Probably I'd be the only one laughing but after they put it back in their fridge and I'd had my laugh, I'd change it back and see how long it takes them to discover their ice cream is back😂

2 hours ago, Nancy Esther said:

I like that. Because I might do some not like evil but maybe not always good things but I don't think I'd want to cause harm and suffering. Like if I had supernatural powers I might occasionally use them to pull pranks. Like everyone goes to Walmart and for a few hours whenever they pick up ice cream everything is cool until they get home and find out it has turned into a ham. Probably I'd be the only one laughing but after they put it back in their fridge and I'd had my laugh, I'd change it back and see how long it takes them to discover their ice cream is back😂

Yeah, that's more in the chaotic neutral area then chaotic evil. :lol:

1 hour ago, Spotastic said:

Yeah, that's more in the chaotic neutral area then chaotic evil. :lol:

True, although I have to admit I can't say I wouldn't do stuff to cause harm and suffering. I'm already an instigator in real life and not the kind sometimes either:(

Anthracite_Impreza

Daemons were originally just spirits who affected the world; some were good, some were bad, most were a mixture of both. They only became 'evil' when Christianity decided anything related to polytheistic religions (such as Graeco-Roman paganism where daemons were found) was automatically evil.

/rant over

SorryNotSorry

I'd be the Boogeyman. 'Nuff said.

I'll be that person: There is no such thing.

5 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Daemons were originally just spirits who affected the world; some were good, some were bad, most were a mixture of both. They only became 'evil' when Christianity decided anything related to polytheistic religions (such as Graeco-Roman paganism where daemons were found) was automatically evil.

/rant over

All the demons got together and caused pandemonium.

Anthracite_Impreza
14 minutes ago, daveb said:

All the demons got together and caused pandemonium.

That made me cringe out loud.

My vote would be for the dragon of East Asian folklore. A beneficent creature that represents harmony and prosperity. Sculptural renderings make for spectacular temple decorations.

I think it's pretty obvious, I'd be a Genie, but only if I get to grant wishes of my own free will, rather than anyone's wish.

If I couldn't be that, I'd be a Naga. A semi-divine race of half-human half-serpent beings that resides in the netherworld and can occasionally take human form. 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:19 PM, daveb said:

All the demons got together and caused pineapples.

FTFY

I think it'd be cool to be a vampire because if I could live forever, I wouldn't feel any kind of time pressure. There would be no hurry to get things done because I would have literally all the time in the world and could just take it easy and read comics all day if I felt like it. Then again, I might get a lot of existential ennui. Also I'd want to be able to eat actual food, not just blood.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I'd love to be a Kelpie ❤️

610aa23cdf05e79d67432929f580760e.jpg

Kelpies are a shape-shifting water demon native to Scotland. Though usually appearing as a horse, the kelpie can also take a human form, retaining its hooves. The kelpie lures unsuspecting people to their deaths in the water, where it devours them. 

Sounds pretty good to me. It resonates with my dark, broken, vicious soul :D

Celyn: The Lutening
2 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

I'd love to be a Kelpie ❤️

610aa23cdf05e79d67432929f580760e.jpg

Kelpies are a shape-shifting water demon native to Scotland. Though usually appearing as a horse, the kelpie can also take a human form, retaining its hooves. The kelpie lures unsuspecting people to their deaths in the water, where it devours them. 

Sounds pretty good to me. It resonates with my dark, broken, vicious soul :D

I wouldn't be a kelpie but they're my favourite supernatural creature. Some legends say the human fiems do have hands and feet but keep horse ears and/or pondweed/reeds in their hair.

Eh... Chupacabra. I'd like to try to be Chupacabra.

no-longer-in-use

I'd be a Flumph:

636319337524366837.jpeg

They are lawful good creatures that prioritize kindness, generosity, and wisdom, which are all ideals that I strive to embody.

EverydayMermaid

I would say mermaid hands down but more like the mermaids in H2O then a classic siren. 

I just realised I wouldn't like to be Chupacabra but Curupira. That would be better. You know, that human-like creature with feet turned backwards so that its footprints confuse anyone who wants to follow them. It's from Brazilian folkore.

3 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

Depends on how scary you find nocturnal wails of "Leave me alooOOOOOoooooone"... 😂

I was thinking more of throw the vase or... make people thing they are going mad and misplace stuff and like just mess with them.

Just now, AwkwardSquid said:

I was thinking more of throw the vase or... make people thing they are going mad and misplace stuff and like just mess with them.

Nah, not mischievous like that. 🙂 Though I guess it'd be spooky enough when once every few weeks or so, for an hour between midnight and one... I'd get a hankering to manifest for a couple of minutes of socializing...

*nebulous figure waves up besides someone's bed, gravely voice* "Hey, I'm bored... you asleep already, or care for a chat?" 😁

Celyn: The Lutening
6 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

nebulous figure waves up besides someone's bed, gravely voice* "Hey, I'm bored... you asleep already, or care for a chat

I'd love to live in a house haunted by a chatty ghost 

I think my choices would be between an Elf and a Dragon.

Archived