Something a bit strange happened

Hella Ace

So for one, so far I know I’m hetroromantic, so it would come as a surprise when this basically happened:

Brain: Hey you know what we could imagine in a romantic way?

Me: Not again..... what is it?

Brain: Imagine laying in the grass holding hands with someone, stargazing, and they’re leaning on you.

Me: Okay.....

Brain: And it’s your best friend. (A female may I note)

Me: waIT WHAT

So I have little to no idea what’s going on,  can anyone help me out on this?

I take this to mean you're also female?

Some of us, like myself (a demiromantic, for whom this can be a fairly common trait) are a lot more likely to experience this sort of thing for those we'd call our friends.  Could be you have a little bi in you, or just that your friend is that special.

Also I might note, this is the first time this has happened, hell, if this is a “crush” it would be the first one on another human being (because fictional characters are a thing) so that makes it even more strange. Just another tidbit of info.

Curious as to what had you think you were hetero if you never experienced a hetero crush/relationship before.

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

It sounds like you're Biromantic, but your Homoromantic side is also Demiromantic so that most of the time you'll be Heteroromantic. I'm not sure what you'd call that.

10.jpg

51 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

Curious as to what had you think you were hetero if you never experienced a hetero crush/relationship before.

It’s more parent pressure to be straight and fictional characters (if that even counts) if you were wondering 

Don't worry too much about the labels. Think for yourself, and decide whether or not you want to follow these desires.

Anthracite_Impreza

It doesn't necessarily mean anything, brains make up all sorts all the time. That's how new ideas form, doesn't mean they're relevant to you.

Moved from Asexual Relationships to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations

Gareki

Moderator for Asexual Relationships

Archived