in a relationship, would you sleep in the same bed as your partner?

Mike-95

If he snore or is a blanket thief, no. If not, then yes.

everywhere and nowhere

I wouldn't. I dislike sleeping in one bed with anyone and anyone should also dislike sleeping with me. ;) Really, I'm a very restless sleeper (I hate sleeping, to make it clear, I perceive it as a chore), I sleep bad due to my allergy + sleeping-pill-phobia (which is a very justified feeling, they are very dangerous - more than some "illegal drugs") and so sleeping with me is very unpleasant. My mom has had this discomfort a few times and the result was always such that she couldn't get a good night's sleep.

Edit: about blanket thieves (because I loved this name :D). Once my uncle made a bed for my cousin, my mom and me: it was a very broad mattress on the floor with three pillows and quilts. We spent all night tearing the quilts from one another ;) and in the morning we discovered that my cousin had laid down on one of the quilts without noticing it, so we only had two quilts to share between the three of us. ;)

embracetheace

100% yes. Even though she snores... and as nice as cuddling is it gets hot.... We're just very attached and I'm sad if we don't sleep together lol

I'd be open to it, and I have in the past. However, when I've been in the same bed as past partners, I've REALLY struggled to get restful sleep, even in a king-sized bed. Not sure if it's on a physical or mental or energetic or some other level, but I get much better sleep alone a large majority of the time.

divided_sky

Probably not. I have a difficult enough time sleeping as it is. Someone else in bed could only make it worse

Yes, unless he's an unusually loud snorer or prone to night terrors.

My ex had a seizure in the middle of the night once and I didn't know because he was just talking nonsense the entire time. That was scary and I wish I had known that's what was happening so I could know what to do or not do.

Not if they snore loudly, then I'd just lose sleep. Otherwise, I'd love to have someone to cuddle with before going to sleep.

Grumpy Alien

Yes. I prefer sleeping in my own bed in a separate room but I've gotten so used to sleeping in the same bed as my partner that I just feel too alone to do so willingly. 

This is a funny subject for me. On one hand I would like that, but on the other I doubt I'd be able to sleep. The last time I shared a bed I was forcefully held down to it by an abusive relative.

The only partner I'd probably feel safe with would be an 'object'.

Definitely Yes. I super like to snuggle so I would love to sleep very close with my partner.

RoseGoesToYale

Couldn't do it. I toss and turn too violently and frequently breathe like a clogged tuba thanks to chronic nighttime congestion. We'd need separate rooms.

No. I am not even comfortable sleeping in the same room as someone else, never mind the same bed. 

Purple Wanderer

Yarp

EggplantWitch

I'm rather surprised to find I'm the first one who would answer with 'sometimes'. It's not something I would mind with the right person, but a surefire way to make me hate something is to tell me I have to do it. I think I'd find being stuck in the same small space with another warm, breathing, sweating, farting human being very frustrating if there was no opt-out. I roll about a lot and pull the duvet around too, so I doubt after a few nights stuck putting up with that a hypothetical partner would argue against spending a few nights separately. Have you ever seen those kinds of bunk beds where the top bunk is a single and the bottom bunk is a double? That would be perfect, being able to choose and switch between them even during the night. Maybe that's weird, but it just sounds nice to me.

I've done it before and it can be nice, but I really prefer to keep the cuddling limited to just before we fall asleep. Trying to fall asleep with someone's arm too tight around you wondering if your own breathing is disturbing him is a total mess. I wouldn't mind sleeping in the same bed at all as long as we each had our space and boundaries when it was time to turn off the lights. I think my ideal situation though is same room, separate beds. Talking and hugs before bed and then retreating to our own side of the room sounds lovely. 

Bronztrooper

Most likely, yeah.  I enjoy cuddling, so sleeping together (in the most literal definition) is not very different for me.  I'm also somewhat used to having to share a bed, so I'm not really against the idea to begin with.

If neither of us disturbs the other's sleep, yeah, why not?

For what it's worth, I sleep with my fiancee and we each find it comforting and preferable to being on our own.

Blanket thieving is nearly never a problem for me, because I almost never go under the blankets anyway.

If you had asked me at the beginning of the year, it would have been a flat "no." However, after spending long, gruesome months trying to get over my phobia, I can say that if I'm close enough with my partner, I probably wouldn't have a problem with it. I've never shared a bed before (not in a romantic sense, anyway), so I'm not sure what it's like, but I imagine I would feel comfortable and safe.

I don't mind sharing my bed for a while, but I wouldn't want to live with anyone to begin with.

Sweet Potato

Id really rather not. I don't sleep well if I'm sharing my bed. however, if I really wanted to make a relationship work and no bed sharing was a deal breaker for them I would do it, but keep to your own side!

.diva plavalaguna.

Maybe. Never done it before so I'm not sure how I'd react. I am very self-conscious and weird about personal space, so that is something that would have to be dealt with first. And he can't knock my bonnet off. Not unless we have satin pillowcases... 😁

Fluffy Femme Guy

I like sleeping alone.

RakshaTheCat

Yep, done that, was fun. I sleep hard enough so I don't mind sharing, makes it more interesting.

It's double fun if my partner enjoys some touch, because I do like gently stroking them. Feels nice, and seems to be nice bonding experience. I don't recommend doing it with sexual people though, it makes them want sex, I learned that the hard way...

Luftschlosseule

Depends on the size of the bed. Usually, I don't sleep as well when somebody else is in the room, but I think it might be a trust issue, so...

Depends, but I prefer a mix I think. I like my own space (and I also sleep at really weird hours), but occasionally I like cuddling and being close to a partner when sleeping. 

Archived