constant need for sunglasses

sunscreen

not having sandals

sweaty feet because ^^^

not be able to wear coats/layers

heat

crowds

going outside

The heat. I hate it when it gets above 75 degrees Fahrenheit. It's awful. Marginally okay for sitting still in the shade at that temperature, but moving around -- unless in water -- is out of the question aside from necessity.

The sun. It comes up around 5:00 AM, and it doesn't set until 9:00 PM. Too much of it. I luckily don't sunburn anywhere near as easily as most people with skin as pale as mine is, but my eyes are really light sensitive, and I end up having to wear sunglasses and a hat pretty much all the time when I go out in summer. It's so much nicer when the sun doesn't come up until 9:00 AM and sets around 5:00 PM...

The humidity. Sure, my skin tends to crack a bit in winter when it's really dry, but I really don't like humidity. It makes everything feel even hotter.

The dogs. People take their dogs bloody everywhere with them in summer. They seem to hold back a bit in winter, but anywhere I go in summer, it's dogs everywhere, and lucky if people even bother with a decent leash.

The students. I live in a university town, and they only leave for a few weeks a year, but their drunken parties and propensity for rioting after college football and basketball events is by far the worst in the summer.

Having to use air conditioning because I can't tolerate the heat, but I also feel bad about turning it on, so I only do it when it's really necessary (such as overnight, so I can sleep).

And, of course, allergies. I seem to be allergic to most things that bloom, so although they're worst in spring, they generally continue until autumn (which is, in fact, my favourite season).

Oh yes, and all the people who were griping about winter for the last half year or so and are now wanting me to enjoy summer, despite my having told them repeatedly that I like winter and am not looking forward to hot weather. Especially the ones who got annoyed at me for not complaining about the cold with them, even though I don't mind it and in fact prefer it to the heat (although really, somewhere around 55 degrees Fahrenheit is my ideal weather for being outside and active in, I'd much rather it be cooler than warmer).

Elizabeth Blossom/Jessica

When you go to the pool and people stare at you in your swimsuit.

ALL OF THE BUGS!!! (Night time is the worst!)

Your ice cream melts literally within seconds.

If your car has black interior it feels like you're walking into a sauna.

When you wear dark clothing you feel like you're being burned alive.

What's worst of them all is seeing the poor, heavy fur coated dogs being walked in the excruciating heat and burning their paws on the sidewalk pavement. It's so sad! They're literally suffering!

The heat especially over 100 degrees ( gonna be 105 in the weekend here and hotter the other days)
the UV index is too damn high in New Mexico of course its all wide open spaces ( tho i love it)
sweat.. ewwww...
bugs and tarantulas... don't get me started with scorpions
not being able to wear my felt cowboy hats unless i wanna sweat my head off 😕

Somehow a moth got in my apartment and when I tried to kill it with Raid it dive-bombed my face. Bitch.

22 minutes ago, texpika96 said:

the UV index is too damn high in New Mexico

Image result for uv index too damn high

The great thing about summer? Summer Solstice. The days will start getting shorter again! YAY!!!

sundagger-Fajada-Butte.jpg

Stonehenge_heel_stone.jpeg

I can't deal with the heat, I get heatstrokes very easily and my blood pressure is all over the place. 

• Stifling heat, humidity
  • Sun: makes me eyes hurt and water
  • Sun: I can do without rashes and sunburns, thank you very much
  • The noise!
  • Moths, bugs and other insects
  • Constant headaches and circulation problems
  • My brain turns into mush
  • Waking up at 5:30 and being unable to get back to sleep because it's too bright outside
  • My pet peeve: everybody's raving about the 'awesome weather'

At least the days are getting shorter, hurray 🤗

Wasps wanting to get inside my house :( 

3 hours ago, daveb said:

Wasps wanting to get inside my house :( 

I sprayed a lot of insect repellent around my door, and now there's like a half dozen dead wasps on my living room floor where they tried to crawl under the weather stripping and then were poisoned to death. Sounds cruel but it's the only way I've found to keep them out of my apartment. 

Is it just people in the American South or do people drive infinitely stupider in the summer? Since the first week of May, I can't even drive 5 miles to the fucking grocery store and back without 3 or 4 or more cars cutting me off, pulling out in front of me, running stop signs, running red lights...I swear to god I'm afraid to even fucking leave my apartment during the day because I expect someone will hit my car and then run (has happened twice to me already since 2015 in North Carolina and I just witnessed it happen to someone a few weeks ago). North Carolina drivers are pretty negligent in general but I swear it's 100X worse in the summer.  

Next door neighbours starting barbecues when you have laundry out 

Moulting pets

Sweaty car seats and bedsheets 

Tennis on TV 

Fantastic Name

- Sunburns

- Having to start shaving my legs constantly again (no more jeans)

- All my friends are on vacation

- Thunderstorm/hurricane season

- Bugs

- It's hot and humid. All day, every day.

- Sweat

- All that other stuff everyone else mentioned

• 2 weeks later...

fires and air pollution

Sitting outside for an hour in the morning when it's overcast and STILL getting sunburned. 

I hate the feeling of clothes in summer. There's not a single piece of fabric that's damp or stuck to me.

Oh summer and hot days! My problem is, I just can't sleep at night. Too stuffy.

And I start to wear sandals and I get blisters.

when it feels like you are in the mario brothers world where the sun tries to kill you. And when my feet end up feeling like sandpaper 

For some reason the worst and most physically overwhelming things that have happened to me in my life happened during summer. This is a cursed season. 

Sarah-n-dippity

Ugh I hate summer literally unless I’m on holiday, it’s just too warm to walk around and go to work!

I hate the fact you have to keep the windows open but then all the bugs fly in, and it’s hard to sleep at night and you can’t snuggle up in a warm jumper and drink a hot chocolate without feeling like you’re going to die! 

Also I either burn or stay as pale as a vampire so a tans out of the question 😛 

7 hours ago, Sarah-n-dippity said:

Also I either burn or stay as pale as a vampire so a tans out of the question 😛 

Me too! Heck, I'm burnt right now... 😳

smoke from the fires

Archived