Currently:

- Nail polish never dries completely

- My skin is really dry because of the need for constant A/C

- Frozen foods only stay half-frozen in the freezer

- Sweaty armpits no matter how much deodorant you apply

- Getting sunburned while driving to work and back

- Allergies

- The humidity is so oppressive it's sometimes hard to breathe

- Getting ogled by random dudes in public because anything other that a tank top is intolerably warm

- Hot tea doesn't taste as good

- The sun is blinding until 9 PM

- It's not September yet

Uuugh, the heat and the sweat is horrible in summer... x___x

Bandrailian

All your friends are suddenly off travelling or went home for the summer. Most recently this summer has marked our graduation and so we've all gone our separate ways.

The heat has a habit of making me feel pretty sick too.

Also, I hate wearing shorts.

The Sad Ghost

The heat! 20 C is too hot for me. But then there is always that one cold wind that makes you into ice. So like, shorts or not?! And ugh, people who leave their dogs in cars "iT WaS JuST fOr 10 MinUtES". I also HATE sweating. And mosquitoes!!!! Winter is simply the best.

I'm much more of an autumn/winter kind of person

-Having to shave legs

-Wasps and bugs

-Too hot to sleep

-Constant sticky humidity

-Overheating regardless of what you're wearing

Blergh

-Higher electric bill because of the need for A/C.

-More sun.

-It’s during daylight savings time.

-I start feeling naked and exposed after a couple of months of having to wear tank tops and shorts.

-Wildfires sometimes start in the area I live in if it gets too hot and dry.

WinterWanderer

I hate summers where I live especially....

• Getting mosquito bites every time you go outside
  • Every park or pool is too packed to enjoy
  • Inevitably, you get weird tan lines (or patches of sunburn)
  • My electric bill increases by at least $20 (although hopefully not as much this year, because I got some blackout curtains)
  • The greenery shrivels up and dies because even the plants can't take the heat
  • Random, giant insects find their way inside
  • Spider webs everywhere
Bandrailian
30 minutes ago, The Sad Ghost said:

And ugh, people who leave their dogs in cars

This.

- it's bright all day

- it takes all my energy to do basically anything... how are people more energetic when it's hot outside?

- sun causing drowsiness

- you get to see things in public that should definitely remain unseen
- this is a picture of my arms after 10mins in the sun

- no gingerbread available

So yeah.

Spoiler

dear-heat-of-summer-off-is-the-direction

Uuuugh yes THE INSECTS. Oh my god, when I lived in Florida it was the worst, the insects there grow to like giant mutant size and always somehow come in the house no matter how many precautions you take. 

it takes all my energy to do basically anything... how are people more energetic when it's hot outside?

I don't understand this either. Just going to the grocery store and back makes me exhausted in summer, or running any errands really. I come home and crawl into bed and feel like I need to nap for an hour or two. The heat completely drains my energy. 

1 minute ago, Palovana said:

Uuuugh yes THE INSECTS. Oh my god, when I lived in Florida it was the worst, the insects there grow to like giant mutant size and always somehow come in the house no matter how many precautions you take. 

Waaaah I still remember a vacation in Denmark 25 years ago. The mosquitoes were so bad, I looked like I had measles

EggplantWitch

BUGS. BUGS. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS.

But yeah, also sweat pouring out of my armpits and other even more unsightly places. I'm on medication that messes with my ability to thermoregulate so I have, more than once, been reduced to doing literally nothing but sitting in a bath full of cold water to make my temperature drop even a little. Britain = no air conditioning.

Also also: having to put up with people who like the summer

Oh, and also, there's no comfortable temperature anywhere. You're either freezing to death in every building you go to because they have the A/C cranked to 50F so it's like an icebox, or you're dying of heat stroke outside. No middle ground. You're fucked either way.

Having to use dusting powder\baby powder  on everything that your skin(or your skin itself) touches so that your skin doesn't stick to places! 

things I don't like about summer and one I do like:

It's dry heat so sweat just evaporates.

The downside is the amount of water you need to drink to replace the sweat. Sometimes, I think we ought to be wandering around in stillsuits ....

Things I don't like about summer:

Too much sunlight

The UV index in NM is really high

Daylight savings time is a (cruel) joke and the days are too long

Sometimes the sunlight is too bright

The heat

scarletlatitude
4 hours ago, Palovana said:

Allergies

037e4b4ef55e43bfd846852329822716--allerg

Here's a complete list of things I like about summer:

- laundry gets dry pretty quickly

Echoing the clothing sentiment. There is very little I want to wear that is actually acceptable and comfortable/ non-suffocating in summer. And my favorite clothes are all fall/winter clothes. >.<

Other things I hate:

- Very hot temperatures

- Everyone arranging outside activities in said hellish temperatures.

- Humidity + heat = gross, sweaty weather that makes you tired much faster than normal.

- All of the bugs, mosquitos, cicadas, wasps, bees...

- Allergies

- Not having a personal open pool to cool down in (public pools are always too crowded).

- Swimsuits.

- Daylight Savings Time.

54 minutes ago, scarletlatitude said:

037e4b4ef55e43bfd846852329822716--allerg

I've been outside for a total of about three hours and I've sneezed probably more that 20 times today. Not to mention the watery eyes and sniffing every five seconds.

scarletlatitude
11 minutes ago, Zosia said:

I got into a fight with a praying mantis. Yes, a fight

This is like an epic tale of man vs beast... :P 

There are 2 things I like about summer:

- summer break (because I am a teacher)

- clothes and shoes... because I don't like a lot of clothes or shoes

Everything else is bleh. Has anyone said humidity yet?

07c23ad8b9a31d0ff1c3e02a97155e9a.jpg

I almost forgot, when I get in my car during the summer it feels like I'm going into an oven.

I always get sick in summer, right when the weather starts to get really humid. This is the third summer in a row.

Ms. Carolynne

The heat, it's just exhausting. I don't handle it well.

Annoying bugs. Mosquitoes, wasps, and house flies.

The kids aren't in school, teenagers in general are particularly annoying.

It's too warm for long sleeves and jackets.

On 5/23/2018 at 4:16 PM, Rosendust said:

Having to use dusting powder\baby powder  on everything that your skin(or your skin itself) touches so that your skin doesn't stick to places!  

-While I'm Caribbean blooded so obviously love the hot stuff, this happens to be probably one of the few things I hate about summer. Mind you, I don't use baby powder, but when I jog or want to take a long power walk, I can't just wear shorts. I have to wear spandex under shorts (if that's even a term), or risk a thigh rash from the chafing.

-Actually, guys who wear skin tight spandex body suits, not realizing that unlike women, that they have body parts that are not covered by a bra, protruding. Made all the more annoying if they're against wearing underwear underneath. I'm a live and let live type, so if you do this on your own time--whatever. If I'm stuck in a lineup in a grocery store, and you're the customer in front of me stretching shamelessly, to boot. Why?!!

Also, I hate the: "then don't look" crowd, when you obviously avoid looking, after noticing them walking up to the conveyor belt to place your items in the first place. The damage is already done.

-Taking the bus, due to not wanting to drive downtown, and regretting it when you're stuck next to an insanely smelly and sweaty person who's crotch and armpit stank is just radiating through. If we're talking booty stank to boot, I'll just excuse myself and sit elsewhere. My tolerance is only so high. I'm unfortunately the least subtle person, if you smell bad. I won't even make an attempt to hide my grimacing.

-No problem with those who use AC all summer, and hate the hot stuff. This I understand in full. Some seasons aren't for everyone. My problem are the fellow Canadians that complain all winter. Can't wait for summer, based on their boats and many complaints. Spring time, they let out a collective sigh (and talk about the: "about time", during small talk), but not good enough--they want summer.

Only to crank their AC, and complain about how hot it is, on a constant basis O_o

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Heat and too many people all over, at any place or corner. There's just no escape...when living in a big city 😕

Archived