Hi ???

LaynaGayle

Hi! My name’s Laynie and I just joined this site yesterday because I wanted to ask a question about coming out as asexual to my friends. After doing so to a few people (today) I’ve realized I really need some ace friends... Since my allow friends believe I’m going through a ‘phase’ or something. So, here I am! 

Um... I’m about to turn 16, I live in VA, and I am a massive nerd. I love DW, Sherlock, Supernatural, Harry Potter, LOTR, Narnia, DC and Marvel Comics, and really just literature in general. I also really like cooking! So... yeah. I’ve never really done this before since I don’t want to get murdered, but I figured this place was as safe as it gets. :)

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Welcome to AVEN LOTR FAN! :P I hope you enjoy it here. You'll make lots of good friends here as well, feel free to look through our forums :D

Hi and welcome, please have some cake :cake:

Hope you enjoy your stay

perhaps check out the teen corner

NickyTannock

@LaynaGayle Welcome to AVEN!

You'll find no shortage of potential friends here.

Rainbow-cake-700.jpg

Hiya fellow nerd, welcome to AVEN! :cake:

SparkyCat13

Welcome aboard!!

900_763254gQdz_superhero-birthday-cake.j

Hiya :)

Welcome to AVEN! Unfortunately, the "phase" speech is something that seems to get thrown around a lot. While I think that 15 is an age where things can look completely different in a couple of months than they do now, it's completely okay and necessary to be able to talk about your feelings and seek companionship. You've come to the right place! AVEN is a wonderful spot full of friendly and supportive people :)

I see Andrew already pointed you towards our Teen Corner, but feel free to explore all the boards and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! We're always happy to help each other out.

I hope you enjoy being a part of AVEN! Here's some cake for you:

lemon-poppy-seed-cake-1.jpg

Welcome! What Hogwarts house are you in? :P 

Dragon-Cake-Ideas.jpg

Hi Laynie! I'm also 16 and a huge nerd too XP. I have some friends who are LGBTQA+, but none who are Ace. I can totally understand how frustrating it is to be told your identity is "just a phase", and you definitely won't see that from the people here. Welcome! :cake:

Thanks MelBel! A lot of my friends are lgbt as well, but they don’t seem to ‘get’ aces. It’s nice to meet you! What kind of nerd are you??

Saaame with HP! I never got into gaming-partly bc we have a first gen wii console and my parents are if it isn’t broke don’t fix it people. But I do like playing my cousins Xbox (even though I’m terrible at it)

Guest -NULL-

Hello @LaynaGayle ,

Welcome to AVEN! You can talk to us about asexuality to your heart's content! :)

I am a major science enthusiast, if you wanted to know a little bit about me.

As a tradition on AVEN, we are accustomed to giving new members cake. It is a gesture that is rooted in the idea of "taking the cake" when you come out as asexual.

Here is some cake for you! :D:cake:

e5398b44b206e383b78d3a873995ea18.jpg

Keep acing it,

Ace Ninja :cake:

b924b63dc117c4aff3e5cb060b4cc8c92a8ce2f0_hq.gif

Welcoooome ! I've seen you in the Teen Corner already but gotta say hello on your presentation too.

Huge fan of Wholock, Harry Potter, LOTR, Narnia and X-Men. Hope we can find time to chat about it  (I'm an Hufflepuff through and through and we are the best, you'll have to deal with it though x) 

Sorry to hear your friends weren't supportive, hope it'll get better.

Still; have some cake <3 

f25066_92b0457d5904464f98fcb2bdfc5ddd57.

3 hours ago, Leilamy said:

Welcoooome ! I've seen you in the Teen Corner already but gotta say hello on your presentation too.

Huge fan of Wholock, Harry Potter, LOTR, Narnia and X-Men. Hope we can find time to chat about it  (I'm an Hufflepuff through and through and we are the best, you'll have to deal with it though x) 

Sorry to hear your friends weren't supportive, hope it'll get better.

Still; have some cake <3 

f25066_92b0457d5904464f98fcb2bdfc5ddd57.

Thanks! Especially for the cake-every time I go on this site I want some now. What’s the reason behind the tradition? And I’m ravenclaw, but my sister and aunt are hufflepuff and are honestly the best. 

NickyTannock
3 minutes ago, LaynaGayle said:

Thanks! Especially for the cake-every time I go on this site I want some now. What’s the reason behind the tradition?

I don't know how it started, but it's in the Welcome Lounge guidelines:

I asked myself the same when I arrived  (Tuesday, I'm a newbie too)

It's kinda a tradition it seems. Here's a link if u want : http://wiki.asexuality.org/Cake?title=Cake 

Well, I don't know if it's coincidence or something else but my younger sister is actually a Ravenclaw so haha 

12 minutes ago, Leilamy said:

I asked myself the same when I arrived  (Tuesday, I'm a newbie too)

It's kinda a tradition it seems. Here's a link if u want : http://wiki.asexuality.org/Cake?title=Cake 

Well, I don't know if it's coincidence or something else but my younger sister is actually a Ravenclaw so haha 

Thanks! I like your sister already lol

Archived