Does anyone..

Ever get sad about the fact that being asexual decreases the chance of having children?

I know that there are plenty of options and it absolutely doesn't mean it's not possible but it does of course make it harder.. especially if you are aromantic as well as asexual.

My best friend is pregnant and I'm getting to the age now where I guess a lot of my friends will be in the next few years so I've just been thinking about it quite a bit recently.

Usually I'm totally fine with my sexuality and accepting of it but every so often it does make me a little sad so just wanted to see if others could relate :) 

• Like 1

I feel grief and sadness about not having started a family of my own when I could have. I did eventually look into artificial insemination but I was in my forties by then and too old for it to work.

My friends have all moved on. They had their weddings and are busy now with spouses and little ones or are getting ready to wrap up and send teenagers off to college.

I'm probably the only person in the world who actually looks forward to getting *old*. I want to move to a retirement community and make friends and do senior aerobics.

• Like 3
RottenInDenmark
21 minutes ago, kimbo21 said:

Usually I'm totally fine with my sexuality and accepting of it but every so often it does make me a little sad so just wanted to see if others could relate :) 

i can understand your concern. though i'm not aro. But I'm single and i'm getting at that age where i'm thinking whether having children is a possibility in the future.

This might sound dumb. I think about that children' is where i would be okay with sex.  If' i find that person i want to have kids with, but then i think about if 'that one' is female... that adopting might be tough.  idk :/ 

Sometimes i get sad thinking about i'm, weird, i'm ace and i'm getting old. I am proud of my sexuality, and i don't mind getting old. but changes for me having a relationship, and getting/having kids seems kinda problematic by each day. i can live with having just platonic relationships and friendships in my life, but i would rather love to have kids and grandchildren when i grow very old. :) 

Sweet Potato

Im asexual, I dont enjoy sex anymore than I enjoy practicing piano scales; its slightly boring, a means to an end, unsatisfying on its own. I also have a child (naturally concieved) and want another. being ace is not a barrier to having children unless you make it one.

besides, this is the 21st century, conception does not always involve sex.  theres AI donor, IUI, and IVF

• Like 1

I am often very sad about the fact I'll most likely spend my life on my own. Real relationship seems like a hopeless dream and I'm slowly accepting this. I do want to have children, though. I don't mind addopting but I also want to have biological children. I don't know why - I just feel it this way. And my asexuality seems to stay in the way alot. I'm currently thinking through my opptions. I won't give up 'cause I know one thing that I've known since the age of fourteen - I do want to have children.