Hi from Montréal!

unicooorn

Hi!

After two years of thinking of it i finally create an account to discuss with other asexual people! 

My first langage is french so sorry if my english sound a little funny!

Long story short I discover that I was asexual (maybe graysexual or demisexual ... i'm not sure yet) a little bit more then two years ago after reading some article that I found on a feminism blog. It was the first time I was confront to the idea of someone don't necessary feel sexual desire or necessity. It was so refreshing and sound so right for me but so scary at the same time. I try to avoid thinking about this at first. But one night, after a lot of drinking with some of my close friend, it just come of my mouth : I think i'm asexual. Immediatly after that I try to recuse myself and say that it was a thing I just read about and that cross my mind but it was probably untruth because I had many crush even if I had never had a relationship or sex. But my friends knowing me really well, they don't let me just avoid the subject I just iniate. We discuss for a long time about it that night and my friend help me realise it was maybe truth. For a long time the only moment I was able to discuss about it was when I was really drunk and sad. I try to begin a reationship with someone, trying to avoid thinking about that and never had the discussion with him. The relation didn't go well for many reason outside of that and end fast. Like I said, I didn't talk about my asexuality much even with my close friend that I had do my coming out at the beginning. But they read a lot about this and send me some articles that they read (most of the time I had already read them but I really appreciate the gesture). Now I talk more about it and even when I'm sober and I accept it. They make me confortable talking to them about my asexuality and the questionning that comme with it and I am really greatfull to them for that. I'm still scare, I suppose like some of you, about the difficulty that it will represent to have a relationship because I'm not aromantic. But I know now that this is a part of me that I need to explore and trying to avoid that will not make it go away. Actually it feel even better to be true to myself. But despite how amazing my friends are, they don't understand my situation and this is why I came here.

So beside that! I'm a 27 years old girl from Montréal. I currently do a master in sociology and I have a crazy obsession about unicorns and corgis. I like to travel and spend some time with my friend or alone with a good book or movie. I reaaaallyy like to cook and I binge wath cooking tv show a little bit to much for my own good. And for the moment it's all that come in my mind so I will keep a little bit for further conversation! 

Welcome! As per AVEN tradition, have a welcome cake!

unicorn-cake-nerdy-nummies-ro.jpg

Don't worry, your Englis is fine. And I'm so glad you've decided to join AVEN! Feel free to explore; I recommend starting at the site Info Center, where you can read about AVEN's rules. You can visit Tea and Sympathy for support from other aces; or, if you just want to kick back, you can play some games at AVEN's Arcade!

I hope you have a great time here at AVEN!

Welcome! Your English is definitely better than mine, and I'm from England :P

Homemade+Rainbow+Birthday+Cake.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

On 1/25/2018 at 12:51 AM, unicooorn said:

Hi!

After two years of thinking of it i finally create an account to discuss with other asexual people! 

My first langage is french so sorry if my english sound a little funny!

Long story short I discover that I was asexual (maybe graysexual or demisexual ... i'm not sure yet) a little bit more then two years ago after reading some article that I found on a feminism blog. It was the first time I was confront to the idea of someone don't necessary feel sexual desire or necessity. It was so refreshing and sound so right for me but so scary at the same time. I try to avoid thinking about this at first. But one night, after a lot of drinking with some of my close friend, it just come of my mouth : I think i'm asexual. Immediatly after that I try to recuse myself and say that it was a thing I just read about and that cross my mind but it was probably untruth because I had many crush even if I had never had a relationship or sex. But my friends knowing me really well, they don't let me just avoid the subject I just iniate. We discuss for a long time about it that night and my friend help me realise it was maybe truth. For a long time the only moment I was able to discuss about it was when I was really drunk and sad. I try to begin a reationship with someone, trying to avoid thinking about that and never had the discussion with him. The relation didn't go well for many reason outside of that and end fast. Like I said, I didn't talk about my asexuality much even with my close friend that I had do my coming out at the beginning. But they read a lot about this and send me some articles that they read (most of the time I had already read them but I really appreciate the gesture). Now I talk more about it and even when I'm sober and I accept it. They make me confortable talking to them about my asexuality and the questionning that comme with it and I am really greatfull to them for that. I'm still scare, I suppose like some of you, about the difficulty that it will represent to have a relationship because I'm not aromantic. But I know now that this is a part of me that I need to explore and trying to avoid that will not make it go away. Actually it feel even better to be true to myself. But despite how amazing my friends are, they don't understand my situation and this is why I came here.

So beside that! I'm a 27 years old girl from Montréal. I currently do a master in sociology and I have a crazy obsession about unicorns and corgis. I like to travel and spend some time with my friend or alone with a good book or movie. I reaaaallyy like to cook and I binge wath cooking tv show a little bit to much for my own good. And for the moment it's all that come in my mind so I will keep a little bit for further conversation! 

Welcome to AVEN :cake: 

I'm 'next door' in central Ontario. Lots of friendly folks here to discuss matters with. Sorry about the corgi obsession...just kidding. I have a thing for beagles as I grew up with two.

Archived