Do you have any obsession? / Are you obsessed with something?

Soldier455

J. van Deijck
13 minutes ago, dragon_nerd said:

What can I say, I'm very weird.

...I thought nobody could be weirder than me. <_< xD

dragon_nerd
5 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

8 minutes ago, BionicPi said:

2 friends of mine have a game where they compete to see who can ID planes from photos faster....

this is just awesome. :lol:

I completely agree, me and my brother will play that game in airports if we can see the runway 

1 minute ago, dragon_nerd said:

I completely agree, me and my brother will play that game in airports if we can see the runway 

Yeah but they would sit at a computer for an hour and do this all of lunch...

dragon_nerd

I don't regularly hang out with my brother and when we do we don't have access to the internet. 

All my obsessions are by phases. Like, music. Now I'm obsessed with asian music, before was with any type of music with screams in it. They all have one thing in common I don't understand what the song is about. :D 

I also have strange obsessions with everyday stuff, like I have to fold papers perfectly, if not I can't rest. It drives me crazy.

Fandoms and ships. Fanfiction. AVEN. Homosexuality. The human brain. Science. I'm also obsessed with mysteries and making theories. Imagining ways objects can kill me. The MOON, I'm crazy about the moon and looking at the sky. (People may think I'm weird since on the street I always stare at the sky and it's the first thing I look at when I get outside.)

Félinferno

Pokémon

Game of Thrones

Attack on Titan

Ghosts and other paranormal beings

Aliens and UFOs

Cryptozoology

Unsolved mysteries and murders

Conspiracy theories

Dieselpunk and Raygun Gothic/Atompunk

1920s-1950s design aesthetics (including cars from that period, architecture, etc)

Vintage cartoon characters (Felix the Cat, Popeye, etc)

Zeppelins

Plague Doctors

Prehistoric life

EDM

Electro-Swing

Synthwave

Space

Deers

Cats (big and small)

Unusual sea creatures

Mythical creatures

J. van Deijck

oooh. dance. someone said dance?

6 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

oooh. dance. someone said dance?

😍😍😍😍😋

J. van Deijck
11 minutes ago, MaybeIBelongSomewhere said:

😍😍😍😍😋

giphy.gif

:wub:

• 1 month later...
TheNerdyOne

I go through a lot of obsessions, some dying down a little while others flare up. Right now, Stranger Things runs my life! So did Death Note earlier this year (I freakin' love L). I was seriously obsessed with Portal/Portal 2 a while back-so much so that not only did I cosplay as Chell, but I also made a plushie of Wheatley to accompany me at the con. I have several other fandoms that I'm into, and I love every single one of them.

Even though I'm definitely an artsy kind of person, I have had and continue to have a low-key fascination with viruses, especially the deadly kind. Ebola was my biggest virological obsession for the longest time, and I was almost considering a medical pursuit for the CDC to fight ebola and many other viruses. However, I could care less about biology and chemistry in school, and I was way more into the arts than anything else. But I have an appreciation for those in the medical field. I probably could've been a good doctor. I can look at just about any injury or diseased/infected person with little to no reaction when others would vomit or faint.

10 minutes ago, TheNerdyOne said:

I go through a lot of obsessions, some dying down a little while others flare up. Right now, Stranger Things runs my life! So did Death Note earlier this year (I freakin' love L). I was seriously obsessed with Portal/Portal 2 a while back-so much so that not only did I cosplay as Chell, but I also made a plushie of Wheatley to accompany me at the con. I have several other fandoms that I'm into, and I love every single one of them.

Even though I'm definitely an artsy kind of person, I have had and continue to have a low-key fascination with viruses, especially the deadly kind. Ebola was my biggest virological obsession for the longest time, and I was almost considering a medical pursuit for the CDC to fight ebola and many other viruses. However, I could care less about biology and chemistry in school, and I was way more into the arts than anything else. But I have an appreciation for those in the medical field. I probably could've been a good doctor. I can look at just about any injury or diseased/infected person with little to no reaction when others would vomit or faint.

I hear you on the Stranger Things obsession. For me, it's died down enough so I can live my life, but ugh. That show. Damn it. 

Names, forever and always. I have obsessed over names since I was ten and I expect I'll obsess over them until the day I die. 

J. van Deijck
On 16.6.2017 at 10:15 PM, alpha decay said:

ionising radiation.

seriously, it's a greatly big obsession, probably to an unhealthy extent. (you can imagine now how happy I was while having the CT scan of my head done.) I read about radiation every day, one of my biggest dreams is to visit Chernobyl, and I know how to make x-rays at home. :ph34r:

I'm also obsessed with all these mysterious military things, see number stations etc. I'm also fond of things like HAARP,  Duga-3 or UVB-76, and literally everything similar to it. one day I wish to explore the area where UVB-76 was previously located, and to climb the highest Duga radar.

following both, I have an obsession with radars, so deep that I want to build my own radar. it's an overwhelming dream. also, urban exploration (I hold an obsession with abandoned buildings - particularly industrial wastelands and military areas). also, radio waves - not only shortwave, even though these in particular.

science of any kind. physics, chemistry, biology, IT. and anything that connects these sciences. medicine and technologies, too.

I am obsessed with androids. one day I want to have such advanced android boy as a friend. :x

I'm also obsessed with trains. to the point that building them is my job. :3 I'm proud of it.

Also, I tend to obsess over music and my favourite musicians... let's call it fanboying :D my favourite music is industrial in all its variety and I love to discover more and more.

and obviously I'm obsessed with the cybergoth culture! I'm that crazy cybergoth myself :D

there's probably more, but this is all I remember by now.

nothing has changed here :D I would just add industrial dance to this list.

also, does my fondness of gas masks, respirators, riffles, guns and knives count as an obsession? :ph34r:

and the wish to be a soldier?

I also think I'm somewhat obsessed with the character I've created.

- Video Game franchises/video games in general.(some being Kingdom hearts, sonic, pokemon, okami, mass effect and Zelda)

-Art, drawing it, reading about it, whatever. Art books are especially great I adore concept art.

-Cartoons and anime (some being transformers, yugioh, rwby and Steven universe.) 

-Egypt. I love learning about Egypt. 

-The book series Skulduggery pleasant.

-YouTube...I get lost for hours. 

-Music.

I'm always obsessed with something, usually a tv-show or movies. It kinda goes in cycles, like I'll be obsessed with a tv-show for a few months and then it fades into the background when another one takes over, only to come back at some point. But there's always something :D

SallyBlackwater
On 1/8/2017 at 3:38 AM, TheNerdyOne said:

Stranger Things, Death Note, Portal... I like your taste in stuff xD

My current obsession is Yuri On Ice xD I just love it so much *___* and Dream Daddy. I can totally feel the obsession coming xDD

Angel/Demon etc mythology.

The cliche pop culture, tech-internet age and then the subversion of those things. It really grabs me and pulls me into it.

I tend to get really into new interests for a short period of time, before moving on to something else. But I've had a longstanding obsession with philosophy of language.

Guinea Pigs  guinea-pig-5.gif

I haven't hit crazy lady levels yet, but it's only a matter of time... :wacko:

Sometimes if I get into a really good storyline and get really attached to a character, I get a little obsessed with my thoughts.  I once had a character I grew really attached to die, and I swear I felt sick for three days.  Dude wasn't even real!  Ugh!

I'm obsessed with skiing. It's all I talk about and think about. In summer when there's no snow I spent all my time preparing for the next season, drilling, analyzing helmet cam footage and working out. I've lost partners, good friends and jobs due to my unyielding dedication to skiing.

MiraMeyneth

Machines. Computers, cars, giant mechs, humanioid robots, sentient AIs, Vocaloids, literally anything Sci-Fi related as long as it has lots of machines.:D

Oh, I forgot to add a few things to my original post. 

Demons, darkness, corruption, evil, possession, and Yugioh? (lol) 

Jellyfish, Dark art (literally art), Sims, Rhythm games, Fighting games, Nephology, stuff from the 1970's, and spiritual stuff for some reason.

J. van Deijck
9 hours ago, MiraMeyneth said:

Machines. Computers, cars, giant mechs, humanioid robots, sentient AIs, Vocaloids, literally anything Sci-Fi related as long as it has lots of machines.:D

:wub:

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

My interest in computer science is also continuing unabated ^_^ I say interest. I know when it first started it must have looked like an obsession. I changed my main laptop to Linux, started learning c++ and writing notes to remember on it in a notebook specifically for programming, then I read about computer science from the uni library's online material, took a course on Computer Security(I wanted to take the one on software security but by the sound of it would have died-that was mostly for pen-testers and stuff!), picked up bits of Bash and loved learning new command line. Now it's been low for a while but I'm starting on an electronics kit and enjoying the parts where I programme the arduino as well.

Personally I think the distinction between an interest and an obsession is often made by others on the sidelines out of fear and we're just so used to it that we've adapted it for ourselves, but I think the reason why I sometimes have such strong interests is because it feels like life has been beating me down for just too long. I felt like my interest in computer science(plus electronics now, plus I've been studying cryptography etc at uni anyway) pretty much saved me from the worst parts of my depression when I wasn't really able to enjoy anything in my final year of undergrad, which is part of why it had to be so intense, and in the past having intense interests has generally given me a way out while I was bullied, as well as making me better friends(though sadly I'm not good at staying in contact, so may never get back to them).

Faceless characters. Making theories for Homestuck and Super Hot.

• 4 weeks later...

i swear my obsession changes every 5 minutes!!! RIGHT NOW ITS PROCRASTINATING!!!! 

.....i need to do my hmwk.....

Archived