Let's say tomorrow you wake up and you realize you are your opposite gender, what would be your reaction?

Ruch33

Ashes Floating

Opposite sex or opposite gender?

If I turned out to be the opposite sex, I'd probably go 'meh. it's fine'. If it was the opposite gender, I'd go, 'make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Swiggity Swooty

I'd be like YESSSSS

Ghost of AVEN

I'm unsure if you meant opposite gender or sex. Opposite gender, I'm not sure if there is an opposite gender to mine, because of the clusterf*** that is the gender spectrum. I'd hate being a different gender though. Opposite sex, I'd be alright with it at first, and then screaming "NO!" because now I have to deal with periods and potentially boobs. Here's hoping if I do suddenly become female biologically, I don't get boobs.

aeimquy159

I would wake up a woman and my first thought would be "Yay boobies, booo oppression."

How would you explain that to you fellows though 

"yeah idk I just changed bodyparts over night"

AVEN #1 fan

If opposite sex. .. oh well, I'd have to change hormones again lol.

Philip027

I'm gonna hope you meant to say opposite sex, only because I honestly have no clue what the opposite of my gender would even be.

If I could get used to the periods (I have difficulty standing the sight of blood) and the unwanted male attention (something which honestly sickens me to be considered part of the sex that I am currently) I don't think it would be all that bad.  I'm in a committed relationship, but as she's biromantic, I don't expect that to be much of an issue :P

If you're asking what would change for me on a more day-to-day basis, honestly probably not much.  Sorry, I'm not that interesting... or interested in my own physiology, for that matter.

So, the opposite of agender is...

Pangender? Seeing as the opposite of "nothing" is "everything", right?

Cisgender? Seeing as agender is entirely outside the binary, and cisgender is entirely within it?

As for opposite sex, that would be incredible, just incredible.

AT first, I would question whether or not this was legitimately possible. I would first question my sanity, and then the situation. Then probably run out of my house yelling, while completely naked with bits flopping about. 

People would stop calling me sexist when I criticize feminism, so that's a plus.

Beyond that, eh. (wow i say eh a lot for a californian) Being a girl sounds lame.

ChillaKilla
8 hours ago, yourcaptaiin said:

People would stop calling me sexist when I criticize feminism, so that's a plus.

Beyond that, eh. (wow i say eh a lot for a californian) Being a girl sounds lame.

No, we'd say that you really need to be more cognizant of history and grateful for feminism that you'd be able to vote, own land, get divorced, etc.

Sea Lemon

It would be a surprise, to put it mildly :P But I think once I got used to it it'd be fine - I don't really feel hugely attached to my current sex/gender so I imagine I probably wouldn't be too put out if I suddenly changed overnight. 

LuckofTheChuck

No more female gender-roles for me, and hetercis expectations for me! That would also mean that I can spend time with my cousins more and be with my brothers more!!!

I'd sigh, feel a bit short changed by fate's timing, shrug and would try to make the best of it. - I believe the female fun times age window is somewhere between 25 & 40? - I'm a tad past it and would have to do a hell of a rush job to become a mother and comfortable with the change / new role etc. OTOH: My life is unisex (demands wise) an average gal could probably do it too.

Besides the shitload of hassle to get my papers and stuff fixed it might be a nice experience or challenge. - I 'll try to laugh about myself before others do. Since my buddies & co-workers are all taken, I don't expect a lot of challenges within my socialization. No clue about new encounters. - I guess it is hard to get previous romantic orientations and habits out of one's bones?

On 7-5-2017 at 7:18 PM, Just Me, Myself and I said:

So, the opposite of agender is...

Pangender? Seeing as the opposite of "nothing" is "everything", right?

Cisgender? Seeing as agender is entirely outside the binary, and cisgender is entirely within it?

As for opposite sex, that would be incredible, just incredible.

As a Pangender person i can safely say you're gonna go from no dress at all to a walk in closet with plenty dresses in all colors with plenty shoes, purses and other accessoires to go with 

That and the opposite sex would be fabulous! :D 

11 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

No, we'd say that you really need to be more cognizant of history and grateful for feminism that you'd be able to vote, own land, get divorced, etc.

Oh, trust me, I love first-wave feminism. It's just the second and third waves that I'm not especially keen on.

ChillaKilla
1 hour ago, yourcaptaiin said:

Oh, trust me, I love first-wave feminism. It's just the second and third waves that I'm not especially keen on.

First wave was full of middle/upper class white supremacist women. +1 voting rights, -10 racial justice. Susan B. Anthony herself said she'd cut off her arm before fighting for a black person's right to vote.

2 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

First wave was full of middle/upper class white supremacist women. +1 voting rights, -10 racial justice. Susan B. Anthony herself said she'd cut off her arm before fighting for a black person's right to vote.

Yeah, but as far as the overall goals (those related to gender equality) of the movement, I'd say it's pretty top-notch.

Sleepy Skeleton

It'd be totally fine with me. In fact, I'd probably be a little excited.

If we're talking opposite gender, then nothing, I guess. I have no attachment to gender. 

However, if I got to change sex... I'd walk around without a shirt and have no one care. 

• 1 month later...
J. van Deijck
On 20.4.2017 at 7:57 PM, QueenOfCake said:

I would feel very comfy. No more periods, no boobs and no long hair.... actually I would be so happy! :D:cake:

this is actually pretty optional :D

gender, eh? so if I woke up as a woman, I'm not sure how I'd feel. by now being a woman is not appealing to me, unless it meant having prettier legs. :P

OverwhelmedA

'WHOA AN ACTUAL REAL LIVE DICK!' bc I've never seen a dick irl before

999papercranes

Opposite sex? I mean, there'd be a lot less dysphoria and I'd be sure to go around shirtless at least once a day, weather permitting. However there'd still be the issue of reproductive genitalia so who knows? 

Opposite gender? Is that like pangender for me? That would be kind of exhausting, not gonna lie. Having so many genders must be confusing, and I admire all pangender individuals.  

Id go to the bar and hit on and flirt with people of the other gender to see if I'm as hot as both genders. Then get a nice outfit showing off my new gendered body. Since I know id be all that. 

chrys_silver

(if sex) First I'd freak. Then check I haven't woken up in a parallel dimension or something. Then check out ma new bod. Then freak some more and try to work out what the heck happened.

If I knew how/why and could reverse it I'd spend a day or two making the most of it and pranking everyone I know. Otherwise I'd likely spend more time trying to work out how to change back than anything else.

If gender I'd still freak. But my concerns would be more about my sanity, and I guess my suddenly limited wardrobe options, than anything else.

On 21/04/2017 at 5:44 AM, Tainted said:

I'd probably try to track down the source of the magic/technology that did this to me cos...what else could it do???? Think of the power (and potential airships ^_^ )

Though I love this reaction ^  Take over the world with fancy device that lets me flip people's genders/sex. And revolutionize sex-changes.

Become a superhero with a proper secret identity. Clark Kent just wears glasses, but Chrys Silver swaps sex. Much more effective.

J. van Deijck
30 minutes ago, chrys_silver said:

and I guess my suddenly limited wardrobe options

I must admit that I'm interested why :o

chrys_silver
1 minute ago, alpha decay said:

I must admit that I'm interested why :o

I guess that after I've managed to get to the shops I can boost wardrobe options immensely, but if I suddenly swap sex the changes to my height/figure would mean none of my clothes fit. More of a problem immediately after the change than long-term, but still there.

drjohnhwatson

Me whenever I find out I:

• don't have to deal with periods, bras, or getting pregnant accidentally should I ever have sex in the future
  • how much money I'll save from forgoing all the products that go along with the aforementioned stresses
  • how now I can go topless when it gets hot
  • how much cheaper and more durable clothing/razors/other products are made for me now:

tenor.gif

J. van Deijck
37 minutes ago, chrys_silver said:

I guess that after I've managed to get to the shops I can boost wardrobe options immensely, but if I suddenly swap sex the changes to my height/figure would mean none of my clothes fit. More of a problem immediately after the change than long-term, but still there.

that explains much :D I was wondering if it was solely a gender thing, but then, I am not a good example when it comes to appearance :P

Archived