Asexuals Wanted

Rabger

I was hanging out with a friend of mine today and she told me that she wishes there were more asexual lesbians around. Even though she's sexual herself, she says that with an asexual, if they wanted to be with her she'd know it was really HER and not just sex. That she could do without sex and would much rather just cuddle, etc. with someone if she knew that person wanted to be with her.

So, this just goes to show that there are sexuals out there that wouldn't mind one bit in being with an asexual.

Hey, that's very interesting. I also know some sexual (I think) people who are generally dubious of sex and distrustful of those individuals who seem to care about sex too much. Presumably, these people would rather be in a relationship with an asexual. It's a safe bet... there won't be any cheating or unneccessary promiscuity!

But I have to say I still have some basic qualms with sexual + asexual relationships. How successful are they really? It's easy for an asexual to never have sex, but it's a lot harder for a sexual person. While I suppose she could live with celibacy, does anyone else find it a little naive to presume that this woman could kiss and cuddle with somebody she is sexually attracted to and never want to go further? I just think the whole situation is really precarious. I don't know. It's kind of like an interracial or interfaith marriage. I'm all for them, but I think the more differences there are in a relationship, realistically, the more potential there is for conflict. Unless your sexual friend really falls in love with an asexual person by chance, which is totally cool, I would advise her to stick with sexual people. I personally would not set up your sexual friend with an asexual person on a blind-date, for example!

Opel the Old

i would glad to be if i am in the states

But I have to say I still have some basic qualms with sexual + asexual relationships. How successful are they really?

My ex and I broke up, granted, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the sexual/asexual thing. She knew I was asexual long before we got together, and we worked it out in the beginning of our relationship. Actually, she still tells me that the biggest mistake she ever made was leaving me, and she hasn't forgiven herself yet. So, they can work. But there are many factors in ANY relationships, including sex. Even a sexual/sexual relationship has sex problems.

98slbrookes98

Thats interesting.

Archived