Gender stereotypes that you... willingly embrace!

sindi

Horses are cool :) they won't make me fangirling over them, but I don't see the point of considering them feminine or whatever..

Are there stereotypes of NB folks?

45 minutes ago, Homer S. said:

Horses are cool :) they won't make me fangirling over them, but I don't see the point of considering them feminine or whatever..

Are there stereotypes of NB folks?

1. We have Black Beauty and Flicka to thank for those stereotypes.

2. Yeah, that we're attention seeking 12 year old AFAB girls on Tumblr with too much time on our hands -_- 

Ohh black beauty! I used to watch black beauty alot and little house.. fun times!

Hmm stereotypes for nonbinaries.. how about.... videogames? and music?? they are gender neutral, aren't they????

9 minutes ago, Jayce said:

Hmm stereotypes for nonbinaries.. how about.... videogames? and music?? they are gender neutral, aren't they????

Oh, got one: we're all skinny and white and have messy multicolored undercuts :lol: 

Absolutely none (and I identify as female)

• 2 months later...

Despite that I am an alpha girl, I love being feminine. 

I love cute, princess-y stuff and lolita fashion (especially sweet and classical lolita; I am now a beginner in lolita fashion as well). One of my favourite colours is pink. I also don't mind watching make up videos and wearing make up. 

Besides, I like cooking, especially baking. I often make cookies, puddings and cakes for my family :)

Hmm, let's see...

I love cars. I like building/fixing things. I'm not an emotional person. 

Also, I'm the one people go to when they can't open a jar or need a spider removed from the room. :D

J. van Deijck
6 hours ago, J Nouveau said:

Also, I'm the one people go to when they can't open a jar or need a spider removed from the room. :D

same here :D I also fix electricity at house.

ChillaKilla
5 minutes ago, UVB-76 said:

same here :D I also fix electricity at house.

You're an engineer, Jonas!

J. van Deijck
3 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

You're an engineer, Jonas!

kind of, yeah :P

it's seen as masculine isn't it? :huh:

ChillaKilla
24 minutes ago, UVB-76 said:

kind of, yeah :P

it's seen as masculine isn't it? :huh:

Yep, very. I'm an aspiring scientist, which tends to be more neutrally perceived (depending on what field).

I don't like watching sports, I guess? (Except football, but not American football, because what even is going in there)

And... I don't really embrace this stereotype, but I am pretty clueless when it comes to how machines work (everything from cars to cell phones to computers).

I don't know if there are really any "positive" gender stereotypes I fall into? (Maybe the one where my appreciation of something I'm a fan of expresses itself as something creative instead of intimate factual knowledge about the subject? I think knowing a bunch of facts is attributed more to male fans of a thing, whereas creative use of it to make art of any form is associated more with female fans?)

J. van Deijck
10 hours ago, Chorvus said:

And... I don't really embrace this stereotype, but I am pretty clueless when it comes to how machines work (everything from cars to cell phones to computers).

uhm. I build trains so I have to know such things :D

10 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

Yep, very. I'm an aspiring scientist, which tends to be more neutrally perceived (depending on what field).

that's what I thought, it may depend of a field :huh: what is your field? :3

<No longer active>

i'm super-duper fluid and have been every gender i can name (except female or male) and some i can't in the last month or so, so here goes;

-I love pretty jewellery, though i often can't or don't wear much. I have these pretty hairpins that work well.

-I also love makeup, but due to my eczema, i cannot wear a full face of makeup for more than an hour or two without rubbing/scratching half of it off.

-cute things! especially animals!

-i'm generally a very sensitive and emotional person

on the flip side

-I have always been obsessed with cars. ALWAYS

-Love me some video games in the evening

-i'm gonna be an engineer!

-i love tech and engineering. Seriously. I want to be the first person to ever build true artificial consciousness, that's how far this goes.

-Formula 1, MotoGP, Top Gear, Grand Tour, Wheeler Dealers, Gold Rush... the list goes on.

-Discovery channel is my shit.

in the middle

-white

-afab

-they/them pronouns

-short hair

-wants to dye their hair bright...??

Off the top of my head...

Love cars (at one point I was driving both a scion frs/Toyota 86 and a 2004 bmw 330ci, both 6 speed manuals hehe)

Have a "man cave" full of monitors, speakers, a computer, and other electronics with a big couch facing a TV

Love fighting/action scenes in movies, although as I've gotten older I have started to care more about acting and plot

Dance in styles of bboying, popping and locking, hip hop

Studied science and engineering (physics and electrical engineering) in college

• 2 weeks later...

I embrace being a class secretary.I like to talk. I embrace my heels, my curls, and my make up (literally, and wait, those actions used to be for boys).

I don't like basketball, doing laundy , and cheer leading. (That's masculine right?)

I love blue, and beers.(That's so innate in me. Imma gurl)

arekathevampyre

having long hair (though I prefer short hair) 

wearing jewellery 

wearing eye makeup (eyeliner and mascara only) and nail polish 

wearing boots

anything except high heels , other forms of makeup and super girly clothings like fishnets . I am ok with corsets though (victorian rock/gothic look) :)

dragon_nerd

lllllllllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg hair

I love wearing necklaces 

wearing makeup

I love horse ride

On January 11, 2017 at 5:08 PM, ChillaKilla said:

Black Beauty and Flicka

My 2 favourite books when I was 8

arekathevampyre
On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 8:02 PM, rivkael said:

i'm super-duper fluid and have been every gender i can name (except female or male) and some i can't in the last month or so, so here goes;

-I love pretty jewellery, though i often can't or don't wear much. I have these pretty hairpins that work well.

-I also love makeup, but due to my eczema, i cannot wear a full face of makeup for more than an hour or two without rubbing/scratching half of it off.

-cute things! especially animals!

-i'm generally a very sensitive and emotional person

on the flip side

-I have always been obsessed with cars. ALWAYS

-Love me some video games in the evening

-i'm gonna be an engineer!

-i love tech and engineering. Seriously. I want to be the first person to ever build true artificial consciousness, that's how far this goes.

-Formula 1, MotoGP, Top Gear, Grand Tour, Wheeler Dealers, Gold Rush... the list goes on.

-Discovery channel is my shit.

in the middle

-white

-afab

-they/them pronouns

-short hair

-wants to dye their hair bright...??

did you see a dr for your ezcema ? maybe you can try some makeup meant for sensitive skin . see if your dr has options for that :)

I love the colour pink. I have so much stuff in pink, even the decoration in my room is mostly pink/purple.

Also, I'm really good with kids. 

arekathevampyre
22 minutes ago, Kelpie said:

I love the colour pink. I have so much stuff in pink, even the decoration in my room is mostly pink/purple.

Also, I'm really good with kids. 

Thats good . I dont like kids haha :)

I admit that I like to wear dresses and skirts, and usually dress like that for work.  If a guy did that, he might not get on with colleagues, I guess.

Or perhaps (hopefully) it would be OK.  In the 1990s, when I lived in Texas, our favorite restaurant had a waiter who always wore a skirt.  It was OK with me, and really, just about everyone else, too. :cake:

I think that I have some male stereotypes, too.  I studied physics, and basically do physics at work, yet am employed with the title of "engineer" (that is a male-dominated title, yes?).  I also love math.

J. van Deijck
8 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

having long hair (though I prefer short hair) 

wearing jewellery 

wearing eye makeup (eyeliner and mascara only) and nail polish 

wearing boots

anything except high heels , other forms of makeup and super girly clothings like fishnets . I am ok with corsets though (victorian rock/gothic look) :)

I know so many men wearing fishnet gloves that I don't even see it as feminine :D

fishnet gloves are horrible on ANYONE tho

...although, once upon a time I had pretty cool ones, but in my defense, they weren't really fishnet

wait this thread had a topic :ph34r: 

gender stereotypes I willingly embrace - wearing the figurative pants... 

J. van Deijck

not really :P

they're just pretty uncomfortable to wear and cut my hand once ;_;

Gender stereotypes that apply to me, let’s see....

-being dominant and in charge
-being assertive
-being ambitious and competitive
-being a rational and logical thinker
-love being strategic and playing strategy games
-good with numbers
- not being emotional, I never cry
- practical mind
-a massive nerd
-love science
-likes vehicles;  tanks and cars for example and did I mention tanks and ach ja tanks
-interested in military history
- I really can’t cook. You don’t want to know what happens when I try because I’m like that:

c68da91bb8a6b279a273a6abb5d496be.jpg
england_s_cooking_again_by_heta_lolia-d6

-visual nature
- I collect stuff
-reading manga/comic books, playing video games
-being a metalhead
- loathing the colour pink. If someone tried to attach something pink onto me I’d turn into the Hulk and smash everything *innocent face*

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

-can’t do multitasking. 
-I’m a dog person and think dogs are much better than cats. 

J. van Deijck
1 minute ago, Antihero. said:

Gender stereotypes that apply to me, let’s see....

-being dominant and in charge
-being assertive
-being ambitious and competitive
-being a rational and logical thinker
-love being strategic and playing strategy games
-good with numbers
- not being emotional, I never cry
- practical mind
-a massive nerd
-love science
-likes vehicles;  tanks and cars for example and did I mention tanks and ach ja tanks
-interested in military history
- I really can’t cook. You don’t want to know what happens when I try because I’m like that:

Hide contents

c68da91bb8a6b279a273a6abb5d496be.jpg
england_s_cooking_again_by_heta_lolia-d6

-visual nature
- I collect stuff
-reading manga/comic books, playing video games
-being a metalhead
- loathing the colour pink. If someone tried to attach something pink onto me I’d turn into the Hulk and smash everything *innocent face*

Hide contents

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

about 5/6 of it is me xD

17 hours ago, UVB-76 said:

I know so many men wearing fishnet gloves that I don't even see it as feminine :D

I have seen that quite often as well, but I don’t know mate, fishnet gloves still look rather feminine to me.
Well, I prefer to wear black leather gloves anyway because .....
large.png
[Yes that stupid picture (that I love) is extremely informative and explains literally everything xD] 

J. van Deijck
1 minute ago, Antihero. said:

I have seen that quite often as well, but I don’t know mate, fishnet gloves still look rather feminine to me.
Well, I prefer to wear black leather gloves anyway because .....
large.png
[Yes that stupid picture (that I love) is extremely informative and explains literally everything xD] 

that says much :D

I do understand black leather gloves, though *o* Now I wonder about one thing: how people would see my arm warmers (have you seen them?). 

fishnets appear pretty genderless to me, though.

Archived