AVEN Book – We Need Your Help!

AVENguy

The book is a great idea!

I'd love to volunteer! (if you're interested in the "older persons" input----we still think young----honest!)

Tikva

Kia ora tatou: I'm interested but I am bothered by one major concern:

COPYRIGHT

As both David & Keith know, copyright exists in your words as soon as written (they dont need to be promulgated, but copyright is waaaaay reinforced as soon as they are - put on a website, here, for instances...)

I would like, before I make any kind of commitment, to hear your take on this DJ, KAW-

SummerSeeker

I would like to take part in this, although I know I don't have enough posts. I will work on that.

Certainly, I'd like to help in any way I can. It sounds like a very worthy project!

Same here. :D

If it's not too late, I'd be interested in contributing as well. I wrote an essay/article about my self-discovery as an asexual a few years ago, myself.

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that this book will be a huge hit and help spread awareness!

I would love to volunteer some of my time for such an endevour. I think a published book would help cement our place in the minds of the general public.

DJ & KAW143 having cheerfully answered and met my concerns re copyright - I'm a starter.

Sooo - there's going to be on-line forum or an offline forum for contributions?

Yes, that is a cool idea. Very cool indeed. But I repeat the question... do we use "real names?"

I'm on board if we don't use real names... ? Other than that, I'm very interested.

summerbreeze

Writing, editing, critiquing and proofreading are right up my alley. Count me in as soon as I hit the 50-post mark---I am almost there. (And this post helps- he he he- I can be evil clever when I want to be- Thank God for the world that that doesn't happen very often.) :)

-The Brain

LostPenguin
I'm on board if we don't use real names... ? Other than that, I'm very interested.

If no one's yet gotten back to you on that, I was informed that you don't have to use your real name, no. You can use a fake name or as little or as much of your real name as you want.

We have more or less what we need for th proposal, we'll be contacing all of these recent volunteers once we have a book deal and start the main writing process.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I know, waaaay late, but if you still are looking for volunteers... I have a few interesting stories to share :wink: Also editing and any other random stuff... I'd love to help!

But, if it's too late, that's okay... this'll be so cool, once it's finished!!!!

ohohohoh, Im so excited, this is great n.n I'd love to help in anyway possible. I'm an out of the closet asexual...let me do something please <3 and even if I cant, im excited to hear of this, i hope it does get published, i shall buy it...itd be so nice to have asxuality in the media.

So... like what do we do... ? Type an outline of our life story... ? "My Life as an Asexual" -- & then each of those will be a chapter, or something?

We could always make it a "monologue" style book, with seperate contributions from all of us.

It would be easy to do, but if everyone wrote about similar topics, then it would get repetitive...

Archived