Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

CaptainYesterday
1 hour ago, ChillaKilla said:

Oh Jesus Christ, are we going to see conspiracy theories about the meaning of the word now?  

It's clear Spicer meant that people knew exactly what Trump's tweet meant in spite of the typo.  Like if I text my friend "I'm on my way, I'll be there in a gew," if I then say that my friend will "know what I mean," that doesn't mean that "gew" is some secret code word between him and I.  It means that my friend isn't an idiot and can tell, based on the rest of the text and the context surrounding it, that "gew" is probably a typo for "few."

Also, seeing language like this in an article:

WAIT. WHAT?????????

Is god damned pathetic.  You're reporting on politics, not texting your BFF Becca.

22 hours ago, Mystic Maya said:

Last I knew, W Bush is kind of seen as a war criminal, certainlly not favourably

He started wars, yes. But he's not a war criminal. Just starting wars that one don't find just or needed do not make another a war criminal, that being said, that do not mean those who started the war don't have blood on their hands and a moral responsibility. And how is this relevant to Trump anyway? 

• Like 1
ChillaKilla

Some people in this thread need a nice cup of covfefe coffee

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

He started wars, yes. But he's not a war criminal. Just starting wars that one don't find just or needed do not make another a war criminal, that being said, that do not mean those who started the war don't have blood on their hands and a moral responsibility. And how is this relevant to Trump anyway? 

Someone on the last page claimed that liberals are looking back on W Bush favourably (I have no idea if this is true among some or not)

The American military has done many bad things but never get held rezponzible due to power

ChillaKilla
9 minutes ago, Mystic Maya said:

I prefer tvfea

Me too honestly

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Mystic Maya said:

I prefer tvfea

I'd rather have hot covlate.  

• Like 3

The thing about little things like the typo is they add up to a pattern that looks like someone in over their head (at least it does to a lot of people). But it's true that there are plenty of worse things about the current administration to cause concern. Of course, not everyone perceives these things the same way. Some will jump on every little misstep; some will excuse or deflect or applaud everything he does. And most are somewhere between those extremes.

Apart from that, laughing at politicians has been a long-standing tradition in the US (and possibly elsewhere). No president in my lifetime has been immune from it, nor should they be. Of course, some are easier targets because of their own words and actions.

• Like 4
The Terrible Travis
Spoiler

No, not that Richard Spencer. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if it was.

On 5/30/2017 at 7:42 PM, Maou-sama said:

The only people I'm against coming over, are those coming here illegally by skipping the vetting process and hopping the border.

What if the immigrant is Muslim? One of Trump's campaign threats was a complete Muslim ban.

It has been watered down due to legal issues, but he is still pushing for a ban from immigrants from the six Muslim countries with which he does not do personal business. What if the immigrant comes from one of those countries?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Kelly said:

What if the immigrant is Muslim? One of Trump's campaign threats was a complete Muslim ban.

It has been watered down due to legal issues, but he is still pushing for a ban from immigrants from the six Muslim countries with which he does not do personal business. What if the immigrant comes from one of those countries?

Barring people from entering is suppose to be entirely in his power. I don't think the caution is unwarrented either. Just look at the state Europe is in. 

CaptainYesterday
33 minutes ago, Kelly said:

It has been watered down due to legal issues, but he is still pushing for a ban from immigrants from the six Muslim countries with which he does not do personal business.

The list of countries in Trump's initial Executive Order was created during the Obama administration.  Unless you mean to imply that Obama is also in on this conspiracy theory.

Occam's razor.  Business is safer and more easily done in more stable countries, whereas it's unstable countries that pose the security risk.

What does that have to do with banning Muslim immigrants?

What does Obama have to do with a Muslim ban? Conservatives even accused him of being Muslim.

• Like 1
Skycaptain
1 hour ago, Maou-sama said:

Barring people from entering is suppose to be entirely in his power. I don't think the caution is unwarrented either. Just look at the state Europe is in. 

Remember that nearly every "Muslim" terrorist attack in Britain has been carried out by British residents, and generally they have been born in Britain, so is DT going to ban Britons from travelling? 

• Like 2

He owns golf courses in the UK, so, no.

Here is a breakdown of countries that had 911 terrorists, where he does business, and his partial Muslim ban (Iraq needs to be removed; what was the reason?):

immigration-ban-trump-countries-business

Other Muslim countries not on the list that he has businesses:

image.jpg

He also has business in Indonesia, and business ties to Malaysia; both are Muslim countries not on the list.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Kelly said:

He owns golf courses in the UK, so, no.

Here is a breakdown of countries that had 911 terrorists, where he does business, and his partial Muslim ban (Iraq needs to be removed; what was the reason?):

immigration-ban-trump-countries-business

Other Muslim countries not on the list that he has businesses:

image.jpg

He also has business in Indonesia, and business ties to Malaysia; both are Muslim countries not on the list.

Trump didn't make the list. Obama did.

CaptainYesterday
4 hours ago, Kelly said:

What does that have to do with banning Muslim immigrants?

You insinuated that Trump made the list to coincide with the countries he does and does not do business in.  But he didn't make the list, so no such scheming was possible.

4 hours ago, Kelly said:

What does Obama have to do with a Muslim ban?

This:

3 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

Trump didn't make the list. Obama did.

Or, most likely, national security officials appointed by Obama under his administration made the list, and then Trump followed it some time later.

Perissodactyla

Trump’s latest unhinged tweetstorm could hasten his downward spiral

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/06/05/trumps-latest-unhinged-tweetstorm-could-hasten-his-downward-spiral/

Trump’s latest tweets will likely hurt effort to restore travel ban

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trumps-latest-tweets-could-hurt-effort-to-restore-travel-ban/2017/06/05/c8eb5940-49e8-11e7-bc1b-fddbd8359dee_story.html

How to Impeach a President
May 23, 2017
What does it actually take to remove a U.S. president from office?

Video:

QuickTake Q&A explains the complex and rare process of impeachment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2017-05-23/how-to-impeach-a-president-video

Trump is out of control

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-out-of-control/2017/06/05/9665c9a4-4a21-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html

We already knew that Trump had a narrow mind and a small heart. Now we must wonder about his emotional stability, his grasp of reality, or both.

What rational head of state attacks the mayor of a city that has just been hit by terrorists? Why would Trump do such a thing, in the process taking Mayor Sadiq Khan’s words out of context in a way that totally changed their meaning? I don’t see political genius in the invective coming from Trump these days. I see an angry man lashing out at enemies real and imagined — a man dangerously overwhelmed.

A look at Trump’s reactions to five separate attacks

President Trump tends to quickly tweet about potential terrorist attacks, but he has drawn criticism for reacting slowly to recent attacks in Oregon and Kansas.

Video:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/a-look-at-trumps-reactions-to-five-separate-attacks/2017/06/05/89659f02-4a5a-11e7-987c-42ab5745db2e_video.html

Perissodactyla

Here’s why Comey’s testimony could haunt Trump’s presidency

The Post’s Robert Costa explores how the Senate testimony of former FBI director James B. Comey on June 8 could have a lasting impact on President Trump’s tenure

Video:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/heres-why-comeys-testimony-could-haunt-trumps-presidency/2017/06/06/15f7e54c-4aec-11e7-987c-42ab5745db2e_video.html

Trump Will Live Tweet James Comey Hearing

Video:

https://www.laprogressive.com/progressive-events-in-los-angeles/#3.16035?icx_id=130422&showTitle=true

Trump, furious and frustrated, gears up to punch back at Comey testimony

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-furious-and-frustrated-will-join-allies-in-attacking-comey-testimony/2017/06/06/171e6d00-4acf-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html

As Democrats prep for Comey, some on left want them to give up Russia story

Videos:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/06/06/as-democrats-prep-for-comey-some-on-left-want-them-to-give-up-russia-story/?tid=ptv_rellink&utm_term=.513858302394

Max Blumenthal Grills Progressive Rep. Jamie Raskin about Russia Allegations

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce0X7_48vGY

Vice Trump Tracker

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-cut-27-crucial-words

Trump cut the one sentence that would have assured NATO

Flynn gives Russia investigators more than 600 pages of documents

Top lawyers reportedly won’t represent Trump in Russia probe

Mayor of London takes the time to tell Trump he’s not welcome in the U.K.

Trump seems to forget Qatar is a major U.S. ally in tweetstorm

Trump can’t stop undermining his own “TRAVEL BAN”

Trump is just one point away from his lowest approval rating yet

Trump’s NATO speech reportedly blindsided his own Cabinet

Trump is still insulting the London mayor after terrorist attack

Trump team tried to lift Russia sanctions before Jan. 20, report says

Trump team won’t say if the president believes in climate change

“Above average” hurricane season starts without anyone running FEMA

Journalists listening to Sean Spicer give some serious sideeye.

Video:

https://www.facebook.com/vicenews/videos/805349836291635/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

• Like 3
Perissodactyla

Why the latest Russia news paints an increasingly grim picture for Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/06/07/why-the-latest-russia-news-paints-an-increasingly-grim-picture-for-trump/

Watergate 'pales' compared with Trump-Russia: former U.S. intelligence head

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-australia-clapper-idUSKBN18Y0SU

Top intelligence official told associates Trump asked him if he could intervene with Comey on FBI Russia probe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/top-intelligence-official-told-associates-trump-asked-him-if-he-could-intervene-with-comey-to-get-fbi-to-back-off-flynn/2017/06/06/cc879f14-4ace-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html

Senate Russia Investigation: National security officials testify to intelligence committee on FISA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nggKnzUNcE

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Director of National Intelligence Director Dan Coats, National Security Agency Director Admiral Michael Rogers, and Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe testified at a hearing on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

• Like 2
Perissodactyla

Former FBI Director Comey Set to Testify on Russia Probe

Jun 08, 2017 | 10:00am EDT

In his first public appearance since his dismissal last month, former FBI Director James Comey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Full James Comey Testimony on President Donald Trump, Russia Investigation at Senate Hearing

2 hours, 40 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j0f6c-3x6s

• Like 2

Comey's statement helped Trump, instead of hurt him. Lmao

Now maybe the news will shut up about all this bullshit. I'm so tired of all this crap, and it's everywhere. Liberals need a new hobby other than Trump lol.

• Like 2
Mostly Peaceful Ryan
8 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

Now maybe the news will shut up about all this bullshit. I'm so tired of all this crap, and it's everywhere. Liberals need a new hobby other than Trump lol.

One can hope my friend, but I'm not optimistic. I'm not a huge fan of Trump he has some good and bad but I do hope he does well since he is our leader. I get the impression that is not the way most react to his presidency. It seems some want him to go down no matter what that actually would do to the country. 

10 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

Why are you paying attention to it?  

12 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

In which regard did it help him? Serious, genuine question.

• Like 1

Nothing Comey said helped Trump.  Now the question will be whether what Trump said to Comey will be considered to be simply inappropriate, or actually criminal.  

• Like 3

Comey's statements were vague at best-he really didn't answer anything, probably with good reason. That hearing was literally made to ease the minds of people who were curious instead of people who think. He did his best not to incriminate Trump outright, but I believe he is biased against him (for obvious reasons). If Comey's notes on Trump prove he's been secretly communicating with Russia, he can be impeached for treason-probably. Or maybe it's just that I see him as a treacherous snake.

He wasn't vague; he was quite specific in what he said.   The notes Comey wrote down immediately after meetings with Trump won't prove anything; they are simply his record of the meetings, and as such they are valuable because there were nine meetings and it would be highly unlikely for someone to deliberately write nine batches of untruths -- especially when he was then meeting with his boss (Trump).  Comey's a lawyer and a former prosecutor and has been with the FBI for many years.  He's generally respected by both Republicans (and he is a Republican) and Democrats, and by other intelligence agencies.   He was apparently appalled by Trump's actions and words, as are many people in the government and Congress.   

• Like 1