Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

25 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

You forgot Alaska, Hawaii and Greenland.

Greenland - me wantee!!! 

Maybe Alaska and Hawaii were intentionally not included

Anyway, with pence staying at trump's hotel in Co. Claire, where trump had also stayed on his visit, what is the financial benefits trump has received through his company tigl Ireland limited which he owns 100% of it. 

Conflict of interest? 

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0903/1073543-doonbeg/

• Like 1

No, Alaska is up there above North Colorado. :P 

(to trump Hawaii is some foreign place; kind of like Puerto Rico)

My dispute with the map is that he probably doesn't see all of Texas as "Mexico", because he gets some support/votes from Texas. And I guess he would label California as "Hollywood" (or "Liberalland"?).

9 minutes ago, iff said:

Anyway, with pence staying at trump's hotel in Co. Claire, where trump had also stayed on his visit, what is the financial benefits trump has received through his company tigl Ireland limited which he owns 100% of it. 

Conflict of interest?

That's not the only place that has happened and continues to happen. He makes money every time he goes to Maralago, just to name one obvious case, or any of his other properties. Or when foreign dignitaries stay at his properties. He also gets free advertisement and promotion by himself, people in his administration, etc. The ethics violations of it all has been pointed out. The likelihood that it violates the Constitution has been pointed out. But he doesn't care, and the Republicans in control of other branches of government don't care. Nothing will be done about it, because anyone who could do something about it either doesn't have the power or doesn't want to use the power they do have. Most of us have to pin our hopes on the elections November 2020.

• Like 4
RoseGoesToYale
2 hours ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

You forgot Alaska, Hawaii and Greenland.

I had to remove them to make way for the three Alabamas :lol:

• Like 1
Calligraphette_Coe
31 minutes ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

I had to remove them to make way for the three Alabamas :lol:

I looked it up, and Wyoming is the state that gives him his highest approval ratings. I think I read somewhere, too, that all 3 people who live there voted for him in 2016. 😜

BTW, I heard they want to change name of  the Electoral College to Trump University and charge people to vote if they don't vote for him. Trumpocracy-- it's like a box of chocolates.....

• Like 2
Calligraphette_Coe
2 hours ago, daveb said:

No, Alaska is up there above North Colorado. :P 

(to trump Hawaii is some foreign place; kind of like Puerto Rico)

Ah! I see it now! And in that location, it would make a better place to put a golf course! In the old location, there would be real problems with balls freezing.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

there would be real problems with balls freezing.

Wouldn't be much of a problem for the Republican leadership as they seem to lack said sporting equipment.

• Like 1
Calligraphette_Coe
13 minutes ago, daveb said:

Wouldn't be much of a problem for the Republican leadership as they seem to lack said sporting equipment.

Yeah, they look the other way just like they were playing golf with him. Check this out!

https://www.golf.com/news/features/2019/04/02/how-why-president-trump-cheats-golf-playing-tiger-woods/

• Like 3
On 9/3/2019 at 1:55 AM, RoseGoesToYale said:

After his last bit about Dorian hitting Alabama, I decided to come up with this...

:D Funny map.

Here's the map, which, apparently, gave Trump the idea that Alabama was going to be in the hurricane's path. Someone circled in a cone, in black Sharpie, that made it appear as though Alabama could be in the path.

:huh: I wonder who added that.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-used-doctored-hurricane-dorian-forecast-map-backing-false-claim-that-alabama-was-in-its-path

Now I can't stop thinking about the "cheating at golf means you'll cheat in real life" thing. Just... those stories about him golfing and that picture of the poorly doctored map... it makes me think of students who steal their essay from someone online and go "great minds think alike!"

• Like 2

The black sharpie wasn't on the map in the briefing. Seems most likely someone made that black sharpie version to bolster Trump. Such a clumsy attempt though. The "cheater-in-chief", "let's nuke the hurricanes". shakes head

• Like 2
RoseGoesToYale

Yeah, speaking of funny maps... 😂

That photo's hilarious. "Well, we can't move Alabama, let's just move the hurricane!"

Next he'll say the path is headed straight for Scotland. 'Cause Newfoundland is totally in Scotland, right?

• Like 1

The black sharpie altered map situation looks like something that would be done by a character in a comedy movie or TV show, not in real life! Why did he say Alabama was in the path in the first place?

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Gentle Giant said:

The black sharpie altered map situation looks like something that would be done by a character in a comedy movie or TV show, not in real life!...

Yeah! I thought the same thing when I first saw it, too. I couldn't believe it was real; it seemed like a Saturday Night Live skit.

Trump tweeted another photo, showing a spaghetti line graph, where some lines (which didn't appear on the National Weather Service's original map) were shown heading toward Alabama.

:lol: So, on Twitter, people are having fun, doctoring their own Trump pics in "black Sharpie." They're using the hashtag "#TrumpSharpie".

• Like 3

It is so embarassing to have a President who does this shit, which makes it necessary for the weather professionals to state, "No, Alabama is not  in the path...", because they don't want to scare people in Alabama.  Trump is getting much more stupid at an alarming rate, and we have more than a year left of his chaos. 

• Like 5
Calligraphette_Coe
7 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Yeah, speaking of funny maps... 😂

That photo's hilarious. "Well, we can't move Alabama, let's just move the hurricane!"

Next he'll say the path is headed straight for Scotland. 'Cause Newfoundland is totally in Scotland, right?

Hurricanes are no match for The Trunp Reality Distortion Field (tm). 

• Like 2

It's getting to where Trump, et al., can't even keep up with their own lies and have to "kick the can down the road" to give them time to come up with explanations and "evidence".

RoseGoesToYale

No lie, if this weren't really happening to us right now, take all of Trump's shenanigans and put them in a Simpsons-esque comedy about a dunderhead president, and you'd have an instant hit.

Maybe future generations will do it. I'm counting on them!

• Like 4

When you listen to Trump's longer extemporaneous meanderings, he sounds like an unmedicted psychotic.   There's nothing there but disorganized ego.  

Calligraphette_Coe
4 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

No lie, if this weren't really happening to us right now, take all of Trump's shenanigans and put them in a Simpsons-esque comedy about a dunderhead president, and you'd have an instant hit.

Maybe future generations will do it. I'm counting on them!

Trump is to politics what L. Ron Hubbard was to "science" . He's turned the Cult of the Deal into Presidential Apprentice and inducted his Base into his 'Church'. Next thing you know, they'll be bowing twice a day in the direction of Mar-a-Lago. Sheesh, he even sounds like a televangelist in his tee vee clips.

• Like 2

He's a narcissic and can't accept he was wrong about anything. But hey, the more he's distracted with shit like Alabama, the less he's saying other idiotic shit.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Wow. Trump's still insisting he was right about Alabama being projected to be hit--showing more maps--and calling for the media to "apologize."

You sound surprised at Trump being, well, you know... in Trump mode?

42 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

You sound surprised at Trump being, well, you know... in Trump mode?

I thought, since tons of people kept retweeting to him how wrong he was in interpreting the maps, and that when a reporter asked him about the Sharpie outline in the video, he'd said, "I don't know. I don't know. I don't know," that he'd stop trying to insist he was correct and talk about because everyone had caught him in the deception.

Other people on Twitter were also surprised that he was still harping on about it, especially when it was old news and more important, current things were going on, like people being affected by the hurricane.

I don't know. I didn't think anyone could predict what he'll say or do, next: many people were surprised by the whole Sharpie drawing on the map, especially with him going on about how media has "fake news" and misrepresents things (and these are/were people who seem to be more aware and familiar with what he says and does; even they're surprised).

But, yeah. I don't really keep up to date about what he says and does, much, as I guess, compared to others. But, it's because I've lived in an area surrounded by Republican supporters and lawmakers for so many decades, with neighbors who put up American flags after Trump because president, etc., and am already familiar with all of the hurtful ridicules--that I don't always like reading up and being reminded about this stuff that's constantly being said by politicians and their supporters, feeling angry, upset, and helpless about being surrounded by all of it (because being reminded that a large group of the population doesn't/wouldn't like me hurts). Plus, I've heard family members repeat the same things, showing support for Trump and Republicans.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I thought, since tons of people kept retweeting to him how wrong he was in interpreting the maps, and that when a reporter asked him about the Sharpie outline in the video, he'd said, "I don't know. I don't know. I don't know," that he'd stop trying to insist he was correct and talk about because everyone had caught him in the deception.

Other people on Twitter were also surprised that he was still harping on about it, especially when it was old news and more important, current things were going on, like people being affected by the hurricane.

He doesn't care about people affected by the hurricane.  If he cared about people in any way, he wouldn't be imprisoning children at the border separate from their parents, and he wouldn't have stonewalled about helping Puerto Rico, and he wouldn't be doing any of the dozens other things that his administration has done that hurt people.   

• Like 3
15 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Wow. Trump's still insisting he was right about Alabama being projected to be hit, showing more maps.

Why did he threaten Alabama with a hurricane in the first place?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kelly said:

Why did he threaten Alabama with a hurricane in the first place?

Because he's a blowhard :P:P

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Because he's a blowhard :P:P

That's actually the case.  That's why he does anything.  

• Like 2
RoseGoesToYale

NOAA is now siding with Trump in his Alabama statements, even after NWS Birmingham confirmed there was no threat to Alabama.

Like a potato in the oven at 400 for 45 minutes, I am done.

• Like 2

Argh who the f* cares about the stupid Alabama statements. Everyone is insane. Trump, the media, everyone. If he'd not said a word, no one would have even noticed in the flood of dumb he usually produces. This is a lesson everyone should take to heart: MOVE ON WITH LIFE. Instead we have a week of this idiocy drowning out legitimate news.

• Like 2

Well, on the plus side maybe this distraction is keeping him from spending more time messing up more important stuff. :P