"Sexy" picture reaction

purple universe

purple universe

I see a "sexy" picture. I admire the person's curves, I enjoy the way they look. I would like to touch them, just to feel their smooth skin. But I don't want to rut myself against that person.

What does this mean?

God of the Forest

It means you are you Purple :D But the name for it is just what Jade Cross said above: Aesthetic attraction

Mike_Rophone

You have libido, like many of the asexuals on this site.

Don't worry. This doesn't take anything away from you. You're fine.

Actually, nothing the OP said indicates such to me. Maybe they still have a libido but that isn't necessarily indicated by what the OP has told us.

Aesthetic attraction is an incredibly broad concept, and it can stretch as far as appreciating types of beauty that are very often sexualized without actually reflecting any sexual attraction you may have. You can still be asexual and experience strong aesthetic attraction. Most attractive features aren't inherently sexual anyway, but they will seem inseparable from sexual attraction for people who desire sex.

Don't worry. This doesn't take anything away from you. You're fine.

It doesn't really matter if she has a libido or not. Aesthetic beauty can still appeal to people without libidos.

binary suns

I see a "sexy" picture. I admire the person's curves, I enjoy the way they look. I would like to touch them, just to feel their smooth skin. But I don't want to rut myself against that person.

What does this mean?

it means you feel an urge to touch their skin. it's a pretty common desire across all orientations, and perfectly healthy to experience.

purple universe

Aesthetic attraction is an incredibly broad concept, and it can stretch as far as appreciating types of beauty that are very often sexualized without actually reflecting any sexual attraction you may have. You can still be asexual and experience strong aesthetic attraction. Most attractive features aren't inherently sexual anyway, but they will seem inseparable from sexual attraction for people who desire sex.

That makes a lot of sense. Just because people's bodies are so heavily sexualized in society that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate them without having any sexual thoughts/desires.

paperwishes

I get the same thing. I absolutely love "sexy" pictures of women but I don't feel anything past wanting to look at them. Aesthetic attraction definitely. If you feel like you want to touch them... could sensual attraction be a thing??

purple universe

I get the same thing. I absolutely love "sexy" pictures of women but I don't feel anything past wanting to look at them. Aesthetic attraction definitely. If you feel like you want to touch them... could sensual attraction be a thing??

I think so. I've been learning about the different types of attraction and I think I definitely identify with aesthetic attraction as well as sensual attraction.

Archived