Are demigurls and demiguys straight? The other demis aren't

AVEN #1 fan

Are demigirls and demiguys called hetero or they are called homo, andro and gyne/gyno?

Like for being straight you have to like the opposite sex and opposite gender, but I think they don't have "an opposite sex and gender", so they can't be straight like how cis and Trans persons are.

For being homo they have to like either the same sex or gender, so I think they can be called homo.

Now for the andro, they can use that term if they feel attracted towards males (cissexual or transexual)/masculinity.

And gyno/gyne if they are attracted towards females (cissexual or transexual)/femininity.

And before anyone complain, the other demis like demiagender can't be straight. So what do you think about demiguys and demigurls?

Could a dyadic demiguy who feels attracted towards dyadic demigurls be called hetero and vice-versa?

To be blunt, they can be called what they want.

Well if nothing was ever said about them, I propose we should vote if the definition of "hetero" can include dyadic demibinaries.

Well if nothing was ever said about them, I propose we should vote if the definition of "hetero" can include dyadic demibinaries.

If you're demiGUY then you obviously feel more like a guy then anything else so that would fall under hetero.

Also, I don't think a site of asexuals can 'vote' on anything but asexuality terms

Agreed - we really can't put it up to a vote whether or not demigender folks can call themselves straight. We don't have that power.

I've seen plenty of non-binary people self-identify as straight or gay.

Agreed - we really can't put it up to a vote whether or not demigender folks can call themselves straight. We don't have that power.

That until cetero/neutrois/andro/gyno-sexual/romantic terms were coined.

Well androgyno-sexual/romantic was coined before bi-sexual/romantic, and was coined for nb love away before nb love was there.

You don't know that. Those people could know all the words and still call themselves straight or gay.

Anthracite_Impreza

Let's just go with this...

You don't know that. Those people could know all the words and still call themselves straight or gay.
Maybe they really didn't know, I wonder what asexuals called themselves in the 19th century.

Well that up to you. Am a demi-girl and i consider myself asexual androsensual (cuddle, kisse, hug guys) aromantic/cupio flux (cupio= sometimes i want a BF sometimes i don't). I don't use hetero because it kinda fell weird. Am also gender fluid and flux so opposed gender... I don't have have opposite gender *sort of*. So i use andro plus i could probably date a agender Amab (Assigned male at birth)

Well I'm afab demiboy (most of the time) and while I'm panromantic, if I just liked guys I'd probably just say I was straight to keep it simple as I'm not planning on medically transitioning.

Also even though those other terms have been coined not many people know about them. It would probably save an AWFUL lot of explaining to just say you were gay or straight or bi because those are orientations people have heard of. Cetero/neutrois/andro/gyno-sexual/romantic orientations aren't exactly well known are they? Even if it's not exactly right to most people it's probably just easier to say you're gay or straight.

Archived