Advice (trans people more than welcome)

AVEN #1 fan

So I want to talk to my endocrinologist about HRT, but how can I tell him I don't want to be a transexual, I want to look like an hermaphrodite, sry for the term, I mean I want to look like an intersex, I'm so desperate, what should I say? I'm so shy. Dx

Are you getting a referral from a psychologist/counselor? Generally they will only be able to discuss and proceed with gender related treatment if you have that in order. You really need to be discussing your goals with that type of practitioner first.

Either way, you need to tell them what you want/don't want from the treatment and discuss the feasibility of that outcome. You have to be in the drivers seat on that part and get over your "shyness"- they're a professional who is required to maintain a lack of personal judgment regarding who you are.

PS- You are going for a gender neutral/androgynous appearance- that is what you need to start referring to in lieu of using "hermaphrodite".

Are you getting a referral from a psychologist/counselor? Generally they will only be able to discuss and proceed with gender related treatment if you have that in order. You really need to be discussing your goals with that type of practitioner first.

Either way, you need to tell them what you want/don't want from the treatment and discuss the feasibility of that outcome. You have to be in the drivers seat on that part and get over your "shyness"- they're a professional who is required to maintain a lack of personal judgment regarding who you are.

PS- You are going for a gender neutral/androgynous appearance- that is what you need to start referring to in lieu of using "hermaphrodite".

Yeah I have an therapist but idk if I'll have the same skills to communicate with an health professional, I'm gonna ask my therapist to get me an referral, thx for the advice. :)

I'd also be more specific than "I want to look gender neutral" -- that can mean different things to different people. Be as specific as possible about what traits you want and do not want.

You'll want to say something along the lines of "I'd like to look more gender-neutral or androgynous," and explain what that means to you, like Dash said. (Don't say "hermaphrodite" or "intersex" - that's not what you're trying to say, and "hermaphrodite" is outdated and offensive terminology.)

If you're moving femme-ward, this might mean antiandrogens without estrogen, or with only low, maintenance levels of estrogen. If you're moving masc-ward, this'd probably mean low-dose testosterone.

You'll want to say something along the lines of "I'd like to look more gender-neutral or androgynous," and explain what that means to you, like Dash said. (Don't say "hermaphrodite" or "intersex" - that's not what you're trying to say, and "hermaphrodite" is outdated and offensive terminology.)

If you're moving femme-ward, this might mean antiandrogens without estrogen, or with only low, maintenance levels of estrogen. If you're moving masc-ward, this'd probably mean low-dose testosterone.

Well thx u, this was the best advice yet. X3

Archived